Author Topic: Another 750  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Caminokid

• Enthusiast
Another 750
« on: July 27, 2009, 04:20:10 pm »
I get this call this morning asking if I buy old bikes. So I tell the guy from time to time I do. He tells me its a 750 Honda. He wasnt sure what year it was. Said it ran but didnt move. Kinda screwed up. So he gets it here and its a 79 750 Four K bike. DOHC. After I hear it run....he wants this Snap - On ratchet that was sitting on my bench. I had given 75.00 for it used. So another bike has come to join my 73. Someone of course took the original exhaust off it and put a jardine 4 into 1 header on it. seat has a cover over it...not professional. The original rear turn signals are gone. Some make shift ones are on it. The bike is savable... but there is going to be alot of work.

Yard si still a mess after the garage sale. Hopefully the ones that wanted to have the save in our yard shows up this week and cleans it up.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 05:56:11 pm by Caminokid »
God created man...Winchester and a baseball bat made then equal. Evel Knievel

Offline Zaipai

• I am getting closer to being an
  • Old Timer
    • My Home page
Re: Another 750
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 04:23:54 pm »
That is sweet. I would take that deal any day!!! Yea, there is some work, but really it does not look all that bad. I mean I tried for over a year to get a CB750 and could only get a CB550F and as it turns out is just perfect for my needs atm. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Congratz!
Its my Avatar..

75 CB550F  | 

Offline Caminokid

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 05:27:23 pm »
I want to put it back to original. I am going to tear it down tomorrow morning and see what the damage is inside it.

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 05:47:05 pm »
I want to put it back to original. I am going to tear it down tomorrow morning and see what the damage is inside it.

So, what are ya gonna do with that 4 into 1? I've got an 80' CB750 wi/ stock pipes w/ a 4 into 2 system and am wanting a 4 into 1.

Can you post Some photos of the system?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 05:49:01 pm by bill440cars »
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!

Offline Caminokid

• Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 05:54:36 pm »

So, what are ya gonna do with that 4 into 1? I've got an 80' CB750 wi/ stock pipes w/ a 4 into 2 system and am wanting a 4 into 1.

I will get some pic of the system tomorrow. The muffler part of the pipes is perfect...but the header pipes need to be cleaned and repainted.

Offline Caminokid

• Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 05:57:52 pm »
I went out and took the oil plug out so i can get the motor ready to come out in the morning the split the case. I noticed the right fork tube is leaking too. It a shame that my 73 is in alot better shape then this 79...and the 79 has less miles.

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 06:01:42 pm »

I will get some pic of the system tomorrow. The muffler part of the pipes is perfect...but the header pipes need to be cleaned and repainted.

Still  Interested. :)
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Offline Caminokid

• Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 08:20:50 am »
This one is in bad shape. The trans is trashed. The airbox is full of oil. clutch...well it was mostly in the oil pan. Someone must have cracked the coil and it has been siliconed back together. Found a crack in the frame right back by the swingarm. I called about the parts to fix this thing...well at 210.00 for just the gaskets...I believe I have a parts bike.

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 02:26:01 pm »
This one is in bad shape. The trans is trashed. The airbox is full of oil. clutch...well it was mostly in the oil pan. Someone must have cracked the coil and it has been siliconed back together. Found a crack in the frame right back by the swingarm. I called about the parts to fix this thing...well at 210.00 for just the gaskets...I believe I have a parts bike.

That sure doesn't sound good at all! :-\ I've gotten some like that, myself.
Member # 1969

Offline Caminokid

• Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 05:30:42 am »
Bill,
Here is some pics of the header. There is a Jardine muffler on it. It really needs to be sanded down and painted. Sorry I kept forgetting to get pics of this thing the last two days.