Author Topic: Gasoil... UGH!  (Read 1064 times)

SpAmSoNiTe

Gasoil... UGH!
« on: August 13, 2009, 09:13:02 am »
<rant on!>
    Went to ride today and checked the oil.. looked a little thin after only 60 miles and some garage run time, so I gave it a sniff.  Yep, that be gasoil!  Drained the airbox drain and out pours several ounces of precious petrol.  Started her up(after oil change) and it was coming outta the drain like it was hooked right to the tank  :o. Time to pull the carbs and see wheather it's a stuck float or float needle or what.

Ugh.  I thought I was done with this crap after the XS750!!  >:(

(sorry.. just needed to vent.)

<rant off>

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Space Force 6 Star General
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Wish? Did somebody say wish?
Re: Gasoil... UGH!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 09:45:37 am »
And change the oil and filter, don't want to run with that condition!
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

"It's Baltimore, gentlemen. The gods will not save you." Ervin Burrell

CB750 K3 crat | (2) 1986 VFR750F

Offline razor02097

• Not a fool, just an
  • Expert
  • Yes its a Honda You got an F'in problem with that?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:36:58 am »

+1

You leave your fuel valve on all the time?
Project Rina

That is an inconceivably egregious transgression against my rudimentary concordance of socially shunned individuals.

SpAmSoNiTe

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 06:50:54 am »
I try not to and am usually pretty good about it..  My Yamaha XS750(and that entire model run) were notorious for this issue because of poorly designed petcocks with no off position.  Took my air filter out this morning and found out it's the #4 carb and it's pouring the gas right into the airbox when the fuel/vac. is on.  I'm thinking  I might have a chunk of crap from the tank stuck in the float valve.  I'm hoping to get the carbs off today and see what I'm gonna have to do to it.

+1

You leave your fuel valve on all the time?

Offline Cvillechopper

• Is just pretending to be an
  • Expert
  • If not for my failures I'd never know my limits
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 08:06:05 am »
It's probably not just a stuck float valve.  The overflow tube is there for a reason.  If it's damaged/clogged it can't divert the gas onto the floor instead on into your engine.  Make sure to check those as well.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.  Aristotle