Author Topic: Carbs, what do these things do?  (Read 718 times)

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
Carbs, what do these things do?
« on: August 13, 2009, 11:31:07 pm »
I've had a few carb problems lately and although I believe that I have cured those I would like to know exactly what these tubes do?
The small vertical tube is the jet pipe from the accelerator booster pump, that much I do know, it's the two small tubes facing you in the photo that puzzle me, anyone?
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline TwoTired

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: Carbs, what do these things do?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:52:14 pm »
Those two tubes are the air jets.  I guess those are mechanical slide carbs.  If so, one of those jets feeds air to the Slow/Pilot/Idle (pick-a-term) jet emulsion tube, and the other feeds metered air to the main jet emulsion tube.
Lloyd... (SOHC4 #11 Original Mail List)
72 500, 74 550, 75 550K, 75 550F, 76 550F, 77 550F X2, 78 550K, 77 750F X2, 78 750F, 79CX500, 85 700SC, GL1100

Those that learn from history are doomed to repeat it by those that don't learn from history.

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 03:38:09 am »
Thanks TT  :)
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline razor02097

• Not a fool, just an
  • Expert
  • Yes its a Honda You got an F'in problem with that?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 08:15:29 am »
The one on the left also is connected to the air cut off valve circuit.
Project Rina

That is an inconceivably egregious transgression against my rudimentary concordance of socially shunned individuals.