Author Topic: on the way out the door for a free 1979 kawi kd100  (Read 989 times)

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
on the way out the door for a free 1979 kawi kd100
« on: September 05, 2009, 06:54:51 am »
i just caught the ad on craigslist. it's been sitting for 20 years but it's all there. only 3100 miles too
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1894

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
Re: on the way out the door for a free 1979 kawi kd100
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 07:06:30 am »
crap, never mind they called as i was on my way out the door saying they changed their mind. what happpened to the option of removing the topic?
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 11:20:41 am »
crap, never mind they called as i was on my way out the door saying they changed their mind. what happpened to the option of removing the topic?

Jeff, souinds like the way MY luck USUALLY runs. KI had one once (A Kawa 900) (Sor so I thought) and I was gonna get it for $50 with an engine that turned and had good compression. I was estatic, then I was informed that it was gone. They KNEW I was coming with a trailer. I had made arrangements with them and yet, they got rid of it just before I got there. THe door was opened and I was greeted with a "I'm sorry, it just left. If I'd have known you were coming, I could have saved you a trip."  >:(  ::) :P I had just talked to them that morning, after talking with them the day before and discussed my plans with them agreeing! ???  Some people's KID's!!!!!!!!!! 
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!

Offline manjisann

• Hazardous Chemical Inhalation
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 11:39:03 am »
I'm with you guys, I'm never the guy who gets the great deal  :'( Bill, thats just totally lame! I had a guy promise me a rustbucket for $25, by the time i got off work I called him and he's like "so and so offered me $75, I'll sell it to you if you can match it." I told him to get what he could for it as I didn't have the money. If I wanted to bid on a bike, I'd have gone to eBay. If I list something in the paper and someone calls and I promise it to them for a certain price, they get first dibs at that price, regardless of what someone else offers me. Guess this is why I'm not in sales.

Brandon
Sure it's for sale! How much you ask?? Well, how much are you willing to pay??? Now triple it, that's the price!

1973 CB500 K2 - Sold the bike and bought a Mig, Miss the bike, Love the Mig :D
1980 CB650 Custom
1971 CB500 Frame 650 engine: Project

Trip and General Ramblings blog: manjisann.blogspot.com

Offline zoo mob

• Hot Shot
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 11:50:45 am »
Same #$%* happened to em, first response on a '87 BMW R80rt for $450, the guy then toldme somebody offered him $650. I begrudgingly told him I would pay that much and would come get it.
Andrew
 1970 750 K0
 1980 BMW R100T
 1980 GS1100E
 1993 XR650L
Always looking for more

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 12:54:33 pm »
i was all excited about getting a motorcycle for my granddaughter. granted, she wouldnt have been able to ride it for many years but still.................i told her she was getting a kawi with only 3100 miles on it. so she doesnt understand a single thing i said at only 9 months old.  ;D

Offline manjisann

• Hazardous Chemical Inhalation
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 04:20:25 pm »
i was all excited about getting a motorcycle for my granddaughter. granted, she wouldnt have been able to ride it for many years but still.................i told her she was getting a kawi with only 3100 miles on it. so she doesnt understand a single thing i said at only 9 months old. 

Good heavens man, don't dissappoint her this young, you'll never hear the end of it!  ;) Seriously though, it would be nice if people kept their word, but in this day and age I don't expect it.

Brandon
Sure it's for sale! How much you ask?? Well, how much are you willing to pay??? Now triple it, that's the price!

1973 CB500 K2 - Sold the bike and bought a Mig, Miss the bike, Love the Mig :D
1980 CB650 Custom
1971 CB500 Frame 650 engine: Project

Trip and General Ramblings blog: manjisann.blogspot.com

jsaab2748

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 05:14:57 pm »
Happens a lot i think. I had a guy tease me with a '70 K0 two years ago. After two calls and a "yeah, it's gotta leave the garage" from the guys wife, he quit answering his cell phone. Wish they'd Sh1t or get off the pot...