Author Topic: Let's do it guys.  (Read 14681 times)

Offline Big Jay

• Expert
    • CBRzone
Re: Let's do it guys.
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2009, 05:48:48 pm »
The engine section needs a sponsor.  ;D

Offline paulages

• Old Timer
  • 1976 cb735
    • DOOMTOWN RIDERS P.R.M.C.
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2009, 06:18:34 pm »
is my duplicate post idea possible, or would that require too much work for the moderators?
paul
SOHC4 member #1050

1974 CB550 (735cc)
1976 CB550 (590cc) road racer
1973 CB750K3
1972 NORTON Commando Combat
1996 KLX650 R

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2009, 06:31:07 pm »
Strange..... until some days ago hi-perf was together with the rest and we managed, now that we have our own section, all of the sudden we need displacement, forced induction and what not?

Why cant we run like this for a while and see?

I for one, like to help people that dont have necesseraly a 500-550, like reading about turbo projects, etc. so i will have to go through three different sections. Silly and it will split us apart instead of making us feel like one community.

TG

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2009, 06:32:22 pm »
Strange..... until some days ago hi-perf was together with the rest and we managed, now that we have our own section, all of the sudden we need displacement, forced induction and what not?

I for one, like to help people that dont have necesseraly a 500-550, like reading about turbo projects, etc. so i will have to go through three different sections. Silly and it will split us apart instead of making us feel like one community.

TG

+1

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2009, 06:36:21 pm »

TG

+1

Mick

+1 indeed.... we have this section for a day now and I dont see it being swamped with posts..

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2009, 06:42:58 pm »
Actually TG in hindsight I don't mind the single section idea as long as the topics stay in focus.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2009, 06:44:01 pm »
I'm not that great at typing but i will definitely be putting my 1000cc billet block build in here. I don't think we will be doing anything out of the ordinary but the guy thats going to do my build has the fastest 750/4 sidecars in Australia. I am going out to see him and do a run over my objective soon so as soon as it starts i will be posting. I also want to read as much stuff as i can, with guys like Mec, Mrieck, Vox, You, Havoc turbo and the likes there should be some very interesting reading. Sorry if i left anyone out there guys ..... ;D

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2009, 07:03:12 pm »
I like the way Axl set up his site.
An information section and a Q&A section.
It is simple and functional.
Mike's idea to have different displacement sections is a good one.
750cc - Enter Here
500cc - Enter Here etc.
I think it would keep everything steamlined and easy to access.
Mick
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Ecosse

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Member #4139
    • My 550 walk around video
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2009, 09:51:30 pm »
speaking of axl (rip), would there be use for links to sites such as his? keeping the criteria for such sites with axl's as the model. i found his site easy and informative.

1974 CB550K     

Help stop TORTURE and SLAUGHTER of cats, dogs, and other kept animals.                                                  www.animalsasia.org

Your 1%er name

A WORTHY EFFORT: http://www.honorflight.org.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2009, 10:39:31 pm »
As a mark of respect on behalf of everyone involved in this great site, I would like to propose that this section be dedicated to Axl Griesmann.
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Zaipai

• I am getting closer to being an
  • Old Timer
    • My Home page
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2009, 10:43:06 pm »
OK guys, how about if we break it down as Mark says by capacity.

(350/400)

(500/550)

(650)

(750)

These 4 forums would then be sub devided into (motor including carbs/ignition/exhaust)
(chassis includes wheels/forks/frame/tanks/seats/fairing)

3 forums to cater for Road race, Drag race and land speed racing with no sub sections.

A final forum where business can show case their products.
Remember guys, we have some very clued up people/companies on this board, Mark (kos) of M3 racing, Jay (bigjay) APE and Ken (ken736) sales for Orient Express. Also the small business people and part timers like Mike Rieck (MRieck), Kevin (ttr400), Greg (ohiocafracer), Rob (Voxonda) and Simon (lordmoonpie).
This section will probably have to be agreed by Glenn as I can't remember the terms of belonging to this community in respect of advertising.

Sam. ;)

Sounds good Sam, a lot of work, but good none the less. This seems to be the best way to do it.. IMO..
Its my Avatar..

75 CB550F  | 

Offline seaweb11

• 1st Mate &
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride & Smile
    • Playground Directory
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2009, 11:02:25 pm »
What ever you come up with works for me as long as I can post my (1) cool race photo
 ; ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline mlinder

• "Kitten Puncher"
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Stop Global Tilting now!
    • Moto Northwest
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2009, 09:47:13 am »
My official apologies to TipperT.

Not used to having an edit button here, and hit it instead of the 'quote' button when I as attemtping to reply to one of his questions.
His post is gone, hope he posts it back up.
No.

Offline jamesv220820

• Hot Shot
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2009, 10:41:35 am »
whatever happens we need to put a post up that shows a chart with changing jets in the carbs

the chart would show

- stock size jets for all models

- size changes for elevation change

-sizes for unifilters, pod filter, individual pods

-after market exhausts out there

that would stop alot of repeating topics
There is nothing to fear but fear itself . . . and trying to restore a cb350f

Offline paulages

• Old Timer
  • 1976 cb735
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2009, 11:35:02 am »
whatever happens we need to put a post up that shows a chart with changing jets in the carbs

the chart would show

- stock size jets for all models

- size changes for elevation change

-sizes for unifilters, pod filter, individual pods

-after market exhausts out there

that would stop alot of repeating topics

this has been discussed in the past. while i don't mean to rain on your parade, there are so many variables that to make such a chart as some sort of cross-reference and to be able to trust that the data entered is correct (dyno proven) would be incredibly difficult. good idea though.
paul
SOHC4 member #1050

1974 CB550 (735cc)
1973 CB750K3
1996 KLX650 R

Offline MJL

• Don't listen to me, I'm no
  • Expert
  • Oh hell, what's one more bike?
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2009, 12:39:34 pm »

TG

+1

Mick

+1 indeed.... we have this section for a day now and I dont see it being swamped with posts..
I'm with you.  These bikes are not that different from each other that they need to be separated. I also don't see it being as active as the general tech or project forums.
No matter how fast or how far I rode, I couldn't leave her memory behind.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2009, 02:26:30 pm »
I'm with you.  These bikes are not that different from each other that they need to be separated. I also don't see it being as active as the general tech or project forums.

1 reason i can see for using displacement to form categories is the whole idea of this Performance section is to make it easier to "find" info on performance mods for our bikes, if we lump them all in the same forum,eventually we will be right back where we started from trawling through hundreds of posts  to find specific info. I think engine size would be the way to go. Sorry if i seem to be changing my mind but i didn't read the post i answered previously, properly. I don't think we need "turbo" and "Blower" sections, another idea may be to name the threads we do ourselves on our bikes better , for example, instead of starting a thread with "blue beast" why not title it "blue 836" or "blue 900" or something like that, so if you are after "836" info it would make it easier to find........just a thought.

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline Zaipai

• I am getting closer to being an
  • Old Timer
    • My Home page
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2009, 06:31:20 pm »
What ever you come up with works for me as long as I can post my (1) cool race photo
 ; ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wow man, that could not get any closer to the road!! Cool pic..
Its my Avatar..

75 CB550F  | 

Offline Really?

• I've come to the conclusion that I AM a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2009, 09:19:50 am »
My official apologies to TipperT.

Not used to having an edit button here, and hit it instead of the 'quote' button when I as attemtping to reply to one of his questions.
His post is gone, hope he posts it back up.

No worries mlinder.  I am not upset and no need for the apology.  But, I will give you credit for taking it this far!

From what I remember from my deleted post, I said that splitting out the subsections by size is a good idea.  Going much deeper may be more than you would want to keep up with.
I don't have a motorcycle, sold it ('85 Yamaha Venture Royale).  Haven't had a CB750 for over 40 years.

The Wife's Bike - 750K5
The Kid's Bike - 750K3

Offline MJL

• Don't listen to me, I'm no
  • Expert
  • Oh hell, what's one more bike?
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2009, 11:50:48 am »

1 reason i can see for using displacement to form categories is the whole idea of this Performance section is to make it easier to "find" info on performance mods for our bikes, if we lump them all in the same forum,eventually we will be right back where we started from trawling through hundreds of posts  to find specific info. I think engine size would be the way to go. Sorry if i seem to be changing my mind but i didn't read the post i answered previously, properly. I don't think we need "turbo" and "Blower" sections, another idea may be to name the threads we do ourselves on our bikes better , for example, instead of starting a thread with "blue beast" why not title it "blue 836" or "blue 900" or something like that, so if you are after "836" info it would make it easier to find........just a thought.

Mick
What can you do to a 500 that can't be done to a 750?
No matter how fast or how far I rode, I couldn't leave her memory behind.

Offline paulages

• Old Timer
  • 1976 cb735
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2009, 12:17:46 pm »

Mick

handle well.  ;) ;D
paul
SOHC4 member #1050

1974 CB550 (735cc)
1973 CB750K3
1996 KLX650 R

Offline mlinder

• "Kitten Puncher"
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Stop Global Tilting now!
    • Moto Northwest
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2009, 12:33:47 pm »

Mick

handle well.  ;) ;D

:P

This isn't entirely true Paul :P
There are some pretty sizable weight differences, though, with the same attention to weight saving being done, and since suspension and tires can be equal across the board on these two, the 550 will always have the handling advantage, at least in terms of available corner speed.
That doesn't mean teh 750 can't be made to handle well, though.
No.

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2009, 12:42:53 pm »
Can i provoke a little?

How about starting to fill this new forum with amazing performance subjects, racing stories and more and then see if we really need all those sub-sections?

Just an idea ;-)

TG

Offline paulages

• Old Timer
  • 1976 cb735
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2009, 01:58:26 pm »

Mick

handle well.  ;) ;D

:P

This isn't entirely true Paul :P
There are some pretty sizable weight differences, though, with the same attention to weight saving being done, and since suspension and tires can be equal across the board on these two, the 550 will always have the handling advantage, at least in terms of available corner speed.
That doesn't mean teh 750 can't be made to handle well, though.

juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust teasing, mark.  ;)
paul
SOHC4 member #1050

1974 CB550 (735cc)
1973 CB750K3
1996 KLX650 R

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2009, 07:01:10 pm »
Can i provoke a little?

How about starting to fill this new forum with amazing performance subjects, racing stories and more and then see if we really need all those sub-sections?

Just an idea ;-)

TG

My brand spanking new pistons will be back soon for pix....