Author Topic: project about to be started...cb750k frame modified to work with cyclex carbs  (Read 1395 times)

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
i have a badly collision damaged frame for a k6 750 and i'm thinking, why not put it to some use. i have a locked up motor i'm going to put into the frame, a spare rear rim and swingarm too. the first project is going to be to use a set of jardine 4 into 2 pipes with the mufflers damaged, cut the head pipes off and use them to do a 4 into 4 exhaust. the next, and more involved project is going to be to get a set of the twin cyclex carbs and filters and modify the frame to not only fit the carbs with filters in but to build a custom, cr750 styled oil tank. when i have the mods right, i'll then feel confident enough to do the mods on my k4 frame by doing the trial and error process on the damaged k6 frame. i was getting ready to cut the neck off and sell it for scrap when i thought about a different use for it. yay me!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 07:22:04 pm by bucky katt »
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1894

Offline mystic_1

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1970 CB750K
Chop, weld, paint, ride :)

Got some thoughts yet on how you're going to reshape the rails down there below the seat rails in order to accommodate the Cyclex carbs?

mystic_1
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
- John Augustus Shedd

My build thread:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=68952.0

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
not even the slightest clue. in the next few weeks i'll bring the frame into the garage from the back yard, get it on some wheels and think about it. the carb part of the project will start to happen after new years i'm sure.
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1894

gribbs

I was just thinkin of doing this exact thing to my frame. Any progress yet, I am dyin to see how you might do it. I was thinking somethin in X brace instead of the regular north/south running frame section as stock. That would give room for the carb to stick out and maybe not sacrifice rigidity.