Author Topic: Second Opinion--about to chop the 4 into 1  (Read 859 times)

Offline Joe

Second Opinion--about to chop the 4 into 1
« on: September 19, 2009, 08:20:58 pm »
Hanging out in the shed replacing my clutch, and considering chopping my 4 into 1 exhaust into 4 seperate pipes, to have 2 pipes on each side of the frame.  I don't have any other reason to do this other than hating the way the 4 into 1 exhaust system looks.
The only problem I can see is loosing some back pressure, but right now I'm running the 4 into one with no muffler, and my stock air box/jets.  The bike is running like a champ as is, so I can't really see it loosing too much back pressure by simply cutting the 4 into one collector off.

Let me know what you think.  I will be greatful.  I'll send some pics as well if you all would like. ;D

nmmone

Re: Second Opinion--about to chop the 4 into 1
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 08:24:32 pm »
i was thinking about doing the same thing.

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 08:59:24 pm »
i have a nice, solid and old Jardine 4 into 2 i'm going to be doing that with. trying to build my own 4 into 4 cr type exhaust.
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1894

Offline Trav-i

• Has finally become an
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 06:48:36 am »
I currently have that set up on my bike right now.  The 4 separate pipes sound pretty good, as for the lack of back pressure I don't believe it should be much of a issue.  I've been working on tuning right now and i think i have it pretty close so I think week will be the first on road test rides.  As soon as i get my camera back today I'll post a some pics of my exhaust.

Travis
Forum member #9962

I don't know a lot about anything, but I know a little about practically everthing. 

If your not first, your last - Ricky Bobby

1992 GL1500 Interstate

73 CB750 Bobber Project (Always an on going project) Sold
71 CL350 Scrambler Project (Done and riding it) Sold
78 CB750 F3 Super Sport with F 0 engine (Current project)

Offline Joe

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 11:15:29 am »
Ok.....I decided to sleep on it  :P too many Coors :P and now I'm ready.  Here is the setup....ready for sacrifice.

Offline Joe

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 07:16:36 pm »
alright for anybody who gives a crap......here's what my hack looks like: Dog included.

Offline BeSeeingYou

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 08:57:21 pm »
Just sent you a PM.