Author Topic: Classic Honda Wing Decal/Logo...who's got one I need a pic for a custom decal  (Read 12625 times)

Offline Gorms

• Barkeep! Give me a beer and a
  • Hot Shot
This decal is a white wing with actual feathers on it (not modern stylized feathers).  It has an oval underneath with "HM" in it.  If you have this decal, can you post a high resolution picture of it straight on (not skewed)?  I want to use this template to make a custum decal for my tank.  I have only found one decent image from endless pages of Google image search but its not large enough and the lines aren't dark enough to easily fix in photoshop.

Basically I am going to chop off the "HM" and make the bottom of the wing flat like the modern design.  If you are interested in a copy of the decal, let me know.  I know a guy who does vinyl gaphics and can get a few done for free or next to nothing.

Thanks

Offline moham

• .fnord.
  • Expert
Got a few from for member hahnda lat year sometime.
78 750K-The Ocho
74 550-The Cherry Picker
70 750K0 motor-Dick in a Box

Offline fevah

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
Poor pic but if this is what you are looking for M3 Racing had them.

Offline Gorms

• Hot Shot
Thats the one.  I would rather not buy one as all I would do is scan it and modify it.  Would you mind taking a quality straight on photo of your decal so I can work with that?  I would greatly appreciate it.  I can give you my email as forum pics arent too high res.

Offline Zaipai

• I am getting closer to being an
  • Old Timer
    • My Home page
Poor pic but if this is what you are looking for M3 Racing had them.

Quick question Bwaller, is that a 550? If so what year?
Its my Avatar..

75 CB550F  | 

Offline Gorms

• Hot Shot
nighthawk?

Offline Buber

• A bit of spanner spinner, but definitely not a
  • Hot Shot
  • #820 on old mailing list.... :)
    • Mountain Chalets in Polands
Will this help?
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=20166.0

there's .pdf file to download, and you must change the extension to .cdr, so you will have Corel file. Just take a look at the whole thread.
Welcome to my mountains!
Mountain Chalets

Offline doobiebro

• Enthusiast
This one is not exactly what you were searching for, but it may be of interest to you or another forum member.

Offline Gorms

• Hot Shot
Buber,

I see where SteveD posted a link to the gallery where the .pdf would be but the link looks to be broken.  I will poke around the gallery and see if I can find it.  Thanks.

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
Re: Classic Honda Wing Decal/Logo...who's got one I need a pic for a custom decal
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 10:09:37 am »
like this?
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1894

Offline Dave-and-his-550

• Hot Shot
  • I know the pieces fit...
Re: Classic Honda Wing Decal/Logo...who's got one I need a pic for a custom decal
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 11:39:02 am »
I like that last one you posted Bucky Katt. I'm thinking of putting the classic Honda wing on my side covers when finished. Does anybody have that logo to download?

Offline Gorms

• Hot Shot
Re: Classic Honda Wing Decal/Logo...who's got one I need a pic for a custom deca
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 02:16:59 pm »
Yes bucky katt, like that.  I just need a large straight-on image of it to work with.

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 03:59:36 pm »
member Hahnda has them something like 5 dollars for 2 large like that and 2 smaller ones.
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1894

Offline Blackhorse

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 05:54:54 pm »
Would this help?
"The road goes on forever, but the party never ends"
1975 CB550F SS
1979 BMW R100/7
2008 KLR650

Offline Gorms

• Hot Shot
Re: Classic Honda Wing Decal/Logo...who's got one I need a pic for a custom deca
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 05:57:44 pm »
I might be able to work with that Blackhorse. I found one through Google that looks similar.  I couldnt get the missing lines to look decent though.

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 06:37:26 pm »
Lots of decals here:

http://www.xtreemedecals.com/

Maybe these?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 06:39:30 pm by OldSchool_IsCool »
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline Buber

• Hot Shot
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 10:39:47 pm »
As I mentioned before - download this:
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20166.0;attach=20336
and change the extension from .pdf to .cdr and you will have Corel vector file.
Welcome to my mountains!
Mountain Chalets

Offline Gorms

• Hot Shot
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 12:13:35 pm »
Adobe Illustrator is supposed to open CorelDRAW (.cdr) files but apparently wont open .cdr files made with versions of CorelDRAW after version 10.  Was this .cdr file made with a version of CorelDRAW 10+?  Can is be saved as an earlier version or as an .ai file?

Offline Buber

• Hot Shot
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 11:42:46 pm »
errrmm... sorry can't tell exactly what version it was. Still, you can step into any advert-making studio, and they should have all the software needed.
Sorry I cannot help more... maybe during the weekend I will have time to install corel (test version of course  ;) ) and save it in different form.

Good luck.
Welcome to my mountains!
Mountain Chalets

Offline Gorms

• Hot Shot
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 10:20:57 am »
Here is what I have so far. I took one these smaller pictures and made it into a vector file in Illustrator.  As you can see, the lines are quite different from the original logo.  I like it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 10:26:30 am by gorms »