Author Topic: Another 750F Completed  (Read 1180 times)

jumpjg

Another 750F Completed
« on: October 09, 2009, 06:25:19 am »
A few pics of the finished product (hope it works - first time posting pics). Purchased the bike in March 09. I didn't need another project - let's call it Craigslist Intoxication. It had been sitting outside under a cover for a year or so; it was dirty, brakes were dragging, it would run, but needed lots of maintenance & a paint job. Everything was there and OEM  except for the muffler (Mac?), seat cover, and handlebars. Came with a parts bike. I rebuilt brakes, front forks, steering stem bearings, clutch, oil pump, adjusted valves, timing (Dyna III with Hondaman resistors), rebuilt handlebar switches, etc. Odometer shows just over 30k. I suspect the top end was replaced with K parts (head & cyl were silver), but it runs pretty good so maybe it has a kit in it. I've had it on the road since May but I didn't get the paint work done until Saturday. Paint is BC/CC, red graphics are painted, pin stripes are metalic gold tape (under clear coat). Engine was painted with a new (to me) Rustoleum semi-gloss high-heat rattle can (can says good to 1200deg F) I found at Lowes. Haven't given the engine paint a hard road test yet - whenever I have had the time to take it out its been raining. I have about $1200 invested and I'd say it is probably worth......about $1200. I still get a kick out of riding it; starts instantly, charges up to 15VDC, goes like stink, gets about 42 MPG commuting city/hwy, leaks not a drop of anything, stops real good, no handling issues, and my wife says she thinks its the smoothest bike she has ridden on.

Thanks SOCH4 for all the help! I couldn't have done it without this resource. I've done similar rebuilds on Nortons, Guzzis, BMWs, & Ducatis, and this Honda has been the easiest and most rewarding of all. It continues to leave me in a good mood.

Thanks again,

Joe in St Louis

PS: Parts bike remnants were sold last night to a local fella wanting to resurrect his '78 CB750F

jumpjg

Re: Another 750F Completed
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 06:37:56 am »
Not having much luck posting pictures. They are saved on my computer as jpeg files, not jpg, and the forum won't accept them. I tried to manipulate into jpg but the file size increases 4x, and the pic won't open in the message. I'm a novice computer hack - advice appreciated.

Offline Lawdog374

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 07:21:35 am »
Have you tried uploading to a site like Photobucket and then putting a link to them on here?  You can even get the code on the photobucket page.
Happiness isn't something you experience.  It is something you remember.

Offline The_Crippler

• In regards to doing it wrong, I'm an
  • Expert
  • Work in progress.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 07:53:33 am »
...and if you don't want to use PB, you can open them in paintbrush, save-as a gif file, and they'll be reduced in size.  It's the long way to do it, but works if you don't want to use PB.

I reccomend photobucket.