Author Topic: Calling Corona, CA GET A DEAL ON HIGH PERFORMANCE SHOCKS!!!!!!  (Read 6084 times)

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
Re: Calling Corona, CA GET A DEAL ON HIGH PERFORMANCE SHOCKS!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 11:08:59 am »
the 750 looks good man, really like that modified stock look, very seventies.

I (and I guess many others) would be VERY interested to hear more about the nikasil work you've done. Did they also supply the ally sleeves to be plated? 

back to shock the subject, I had a deep look at the racetech site and the G3-S shocks are basically emuslion type (assuming you are not talking about the piggy back type which is not allowed in many vintage classes).

Even with the best shim stack / speed sensitive valving, there's only so much you can get from frothy oil....

That's why I doubt the worth  of these high end shocks, that's all.

They do say in the site that you could order them with an IFP (internal floating piston) that separates the oil form air, "de carbon" style, but only above a certain shock length. Makes sense.

Now that would be a proper modern shock but as they say in the site, this option is only available above a certain length  of shock, cant believe an IFP can be fitted to a stock 750 length shock, maybe on a racing only one, MUCH longer than stock, 14" or more.

If you have anyone to contact there, it would be interesting to know from what shock length onwards can the fit an IFP

Cheers
TG

from the racetech site:

Race Tech G3-S Custom Series for Vintage

# Non-Reservoir Emulsion - $699/pair
# Internal Floating Piston - (if there is internal length available) - add $50 per pair

Offline Big Bob

• Hot Shot
Re: Calling Corona, CA GET A DEAL ON HIGH PERFORMANCE SHOCKS!!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 09:20:17 am »
back to shock the subject, I had a deep look at the racetech site and the G3-S shocks are basically emuslion type (assuming you are not talking about the piggy back type which is not allowed in many vintage classes).

The class I'm building my next bike for allows piggybacks.  AHRMA Vintage Superbike Heavyweight.

Even with the best shim stack / speed sensitive valving, there's only so much you can get from frothy oil....

That's why I doubt the worth  of these high end shocks, that's all.

Well why stop there?  1000cc kits, 17" alloy rims, dual disc front brakes with stainless lines, turbochargers, Tarozzi rearsets, dry clutches, billet cylinders, bar end mirrors, cafe seats, touring fairings and bags, aftermarket exhaust systems?  Why bother with any of it?

Screw it, let's all go ride EX 500's.

In the mean time if anyone in the vicinity of Corona, CA would like to help Race Tech out with some R&D work and get a nice deal on a nice set of shocks in exchange get in touch with me.

Thanks.