Author Topic: Okay, Here Are A Couple Of My Latest Bikes Acquired This Year, CBX Is Home!!!!!!  (Read 2913 times)

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
       Finally, I've got some photos of my own.           And, I'm getting excited, the CBX is coming home this weekend and soon as I can, I'll get some pictures!

The  83' GPZ1100

Then, here's the 80' CB750K w/sidecar

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 05:18:33 pm by bill440cars »
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!

Saml01

I would pimp that 750 + sidecar so #$%*ing hard. I dont care what people think, that bike is awesome.

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
I would pimp that 750 + sidecar so #$%*ing hard. I dont care what people think, that bike is awesome.

The 750 IS a pretty good runner and I like the look as well! But, the sidecar is temporary. I've got a 77' CB750A that I want to move the sidecar to and concentrate on freshening the 80' model up. That sucker runs so well, I hate to tie it down with the sidecar. When I got the sidecar, that bike was the only one I had, that could carry it. I'll be posting photos of the others I have as well (before long). Actually the Cb650C and the GPZ are the ones I picked up on lately, I already had the 750, just had never posted any photos. ;)
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Offline tbpmusic

• Expert
Send that sidecar up to me, Bill.
I've been lusting after one for 40 years now..........

Quite a herd you're assembling down there...
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it's an electrical problem"

Bill Lane
 '71 CB450 Mutant/ '75 CB200/ '81 CM200/ '71 C70M

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
Send that sidecar up to me, Bill.
I've been lusting after one for 40 years now..........

Quite a herd you're assembling down there...

Well Bill, I hope you find another one, cause I will probably keep this one for a bit. :) Now, IF I did decide to let it go, I'll let you know. ;)

Thanks, I'm kinda proud myself. gotta make room for that CBX though. Supposed to be bringing it down Sunday and I sure want to be able to put THAT one inside! If I can (magically) create enough room, the GPZ will be inside as well. :)

Take care, Bill 
Member # 1969

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...

YEP,it's HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) ;D Yeah, I know. Now, I'm gonna have to post some pictures! ::) ;D And, that I will, soon as I can get some taken and developed. No, I don't have a digital camera. Using Walmart throwaways. :-\ So, I'll look into getting a digital camera, when I can. ;) Soon as I got that CBX home, had to take it for a spin. And, yes I'm in Heaven! 8) ;) 
Member # 1969

Offline hoodellyhoo

• CB350F
  • Master
You lucky dog!!! ;D ;D ;D
1972 CB350F (Back from the Dead!)- http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=20822.0
1965? S65 - Coming Eventually!
1972 CB750K2 (father-son project)
1976 CB750K6- (sold) http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=96859.0
1976 CB750K6 (sold)- http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=62569.0

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
You lucky dog!!! ;D ;D ;D

Thank You ;D     Thank you ;D  Matter of fact, I've STILL got a ;D on my face and it's been 4 and one half hours since I took my little ride! ::) ;) Sad thing IS, I DO NOT intent to get THIS one out, unless Weather is permitting. And THIS isn't a very good time of the year! :-\  I WILL have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself for getting enough space to put THIS ONE inside the garage. :) This is one LARGE motorcycle. :o 8) But, not to worry, I got it in there. So, Nobody needs to be offering to keep it in THEIR garage and I DO appreciate the thoughtfulness, but I can handle it. ;) 
Member # 1969

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...

Just know that it looks alot like this one, til I can get some pictures of my own online.

Member # 1969

Offline 78 k550

• Master
sweet rides Bill.
I bet that 3 into 1 sounds killer. Do you know what exhaust is on yours?

Take care Bill.

Paul
Paul
Littleton, CO

76/77 CB 750F, 
75 GL1000, (AKA GL1-242 NGWClub),
76 GL1000 LTD
84 GL1200 Standard
6 Bultaco's= 42, 49, 121, 152, 167, 188

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
sweet rides Bill.
I bet that 3 into 1 sounds killer. Do you know what exhaust is on yours?

Take care Bill.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I appreciate that. ;)  THe exhaust DOES sound good! 8) I don't remember the brand that is on mine. It DOES look a lot like the Kerker though! :)

Thanks Paul, I am trying to get on with things AND I am getting some pretty good attention from a young lady (a waitress at a place where I had been taking my Dad out to eat at. 8)  Have to say that I am quite taken by her as well. ;) She sure makes me feel good. 8)
Member # 1969

Offline 78 k550

• Master
          Have to say that I am quite taken by her as well. ;) She sure makes me feel good. 8)

every man with a full belly is a happy man.  LOL I couldnt resist.

Paul
Paul
Littleton, CO

76/77 CB 750F, 
75 GL1000, (AKA GL1-242 NGWClub),
76 GL1000 LTD
84 GL1200 Standard
6 Bultaco's= 42, 49, 121, 152, 167, 188

Offline bryanj

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB500 Number 1000036
You now have two things that need exercising regularly!!!!!

The CBX or the carbs will gum up and be a nightmare

The waitress----think of your own reason!!
Semi Geriatric ex-Honda mechanic and MOT tester (UK version of annual inspection). Garage full of "projects" mostly 500/4 from pre 73 (no road tax in UK).

Remember "Its always in the last place you look" COURSE IT IS YOU STOP LOOKIN THEN!

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
          Have to say that I am quite taken by her as well. ;) She sure makes me feel good. 8)

every man with a full belly is a happy man.  LOL I couldnt resist.

Paul

I have to agree Paul, but I'm starting to gain weight, from all this eating. ::)

Gonna be making some moves to get her on some outings, She's really got me going. ;)   
Member # 1969

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
You now have two things that need exercising regularly!!!!!

The CBX or the carbs will gum up and be a nightmare

The waitress----think of your own reason!!

Oh, don't you worry Bryan, I'll be keeping that CBX regularly exercised and Jana (the waitress) and I have several things in common and WE'RE going to enjoy LIFE. ;)

I'm really feeling like I've got a NEW lease on life and am planning to live life to the fullest. 8) 

Member # 1969

Offline bryanj

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB500 Number 1000036
Go for it Bill I got into a relationship at 50 and married for the first time at 53----and she is 24 years younger than me!!!! Also bought me number 36 for my 50th  birthday
Semi Geriatric ex-Honda mechanic and MOT tester (UK version of annual inspection). Garage full of "projects" mostly 500/4 from pre 73 (no road tax in UK).

Remember "Its always in the last place you look" COURSE IT IS YOU STOP LOOKIN THEN!

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
Go for it Bill I got into a relationship at 50 and married for the first time at 53----and she is 24 years younger than me!!!! Also bought me number 36 for my 50th  birthday

:o 8)  24 yrs difference in your ages! THAT is EXACTLY the difference in OUR ages, as well! 8) ;)  But I figure that, as young as she makes me feel, that brings our ages closer together! ;)
Member # 1969

Offline ColinMc

• Expert
  • There aint no pickle like a super pickle...
It can get creepy for her though when you talk about stuff that you remember...and it was before she was even born. I dated a woman much older than myself for a short while and that made for some odd conversations sometimes lol.

On a side note...wheres the CBX pics?!
1976 CB750K - Cafe Project...taking forever
1984 Honda MB-5 - MB-8 conversion in process
2001 Ducati 748 - Built 996 motor sleeper

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
It can get creepy for her though when you talk about stuff that you remember...and it was before she was even born. I dated a woman much older than myself for a short while and that made for some odd conversations sometimes lol.

On a side note...wheres the CBX pics?!

I'll worry about that , if it happens. ;) 

Soon as I can get the rain to stop AND dry up around here somewhat, I'll be bringing it outside to get some shots of the CBX and post them. My place is really cramped, I like to NEVER made enough room to get that sucker in my little one car garage! I've got the GPZ1100, 80' CB750K w/sidecar AND 80' CB650C sitting crossways, in front of the garage door and covered. :-\ No room inside, otherwise the GPZ would be in there sitting next to the CBX. :) But, it's gonna HAVE TO be GOOD weather for me to bring it out though. And we have rain scheduled til Thursday evening. So, MAYBE FRIDAY, I can get some shots. THEN you all will have to wait til WalMart can get them developed, cause I don't have a digital camera yet. ::)

Take care, Bill ;)
Member # 1969

Offline CBJoe

• Master
Where's them pix of the CBX Bill   ::)   Weather radar doesn't show any rain in Arkansas  :P

How about some more pix of the CB650.... Let me know if you need any bits n' pieces.  I've got a few spares laying around.

Regards, Joe
'07 Bonneville Black
'15 Moto Guzzi California 1400
CB750K2 Hot Rod Revival http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,171693.0.html
'65 CB77
'66 CM91 (C90'ish)

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
Where's them pix of the CBX Bill   ::)   Weather radar doesn't show any rain in Arkansas  :P

How about some more pix of the CB650.... Let me know if you need any bits n' pieces.  I've got a few spares laying around.

Regards, Joe

Okay I have them taken, I just have to get them developed (don't have a digital camera as yet) and it's up to WalMart now.

I'll get you a PM coming later today. :)

Take care, Bill ;)
Member # 1969