Author Topic: Selling one 750 to begin another  (Read 1265 times)

Offline rbmgf7

• 2>4
  • Expert
Selling one 750 to begin another
« on: July 05, 2009, 02:58:11 pm »
So, times are changing and I can't afford to have 3 bikes sitting around. I just completed my '78 CB750F in August of '08 and placed a little over 1000 miles on it. I also have my '72 750K sitting in the corner that I'm dying to fix up. A recent spill a couple weeks ago on the '78 led me to just let it go and let someone else tidy it up (just a dent in the tank and muffler along with destroying the points cover. Details can be found in the Open Forum somehwere). So as of tomorrow, the bike is sold. Here she was right after I finished painting the tank last year:

Now here's what I have to work with as far as the '72

I'm still open to what the final product is going to be. I'm thinking a slightly modified from stock would be my preference. A modern front end would be sweet, like this bike:

Benjie is making 4-4 systems for the 750 SOHC's so I'm also looking into that. Still in the planning and researching phase. Please feel free to throw in some ideas. The funds from the '78 sale will help boost this project, just need a direction.

Ray

Offline Alan F.

• We remember the Night Rider, and we know who you are.
  • Really Old Timer ...
Re: Selling one 750 to begin another
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 07:16:45 pm »
I'm with you.

Ledman_70

Re: Selling one 750 to begin another
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 02:16:52 pm »
I have a 78F and have been searching this forum trying to decide if it should be a bobber, cafe, or stocker. The pic of your black 78 slammed on the ground made up my mind for me...it's gonna be black and lowered. Yours looks bad!! Thanks for making the decision easier Ray.
Jeff