Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today ?  (Read 3145793 times)

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
Re: What did you do to your bike today ?
« Reply #16400 on: January 06, 2014, 09:38:55 pm »
i demand a rematch!

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #16401 on: January 06, 2014, 10:23:18 pm »
Ha ha, if Tim's bike will do 139 MPH Dave, he's gonna kick your arse again! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline kghost

• Really Old Timer ...
  • www.facebook.com/RetroMecanicaAustralia
« Reply #16402 on: January 06, 2014, 10:29:16 pm »
Ha ha, if Tim's bike will do 139 MPH Dave, he's gonna kick your arse again! ;D

Probably won't with my fat arse on it
Stranger in a strange land

Offline edwardmorris

• Youngish
  • Old Timer
  • Do not cause harm, nor respond to harm with harm.
« Reply #16403 on: January 06, 2014, 10:32:59 pm »
Need a solid Rotor Puller? Look into Gordon's finest :)

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=133193.0

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16404 on: January 06, 2014, 10:33:51 pm »
Which arse is fatter Tim, your's or Dave's? If it's yours, you can always swap bikes and let him kick your arse! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline kghost

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16405 on: January 07, 2014, 03:29:07 am »
Which arse is fatter Tim, your's or Dave's? If it's yours, you can always swap bikes and let him kick your arse! ;D

Daves the size of a jockey mate.

Shame on you for A.) making fun of the fat kid (me) and B.) Dave for being short...:P ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16406 on: January 07, 2014, 06:06:03 am »
Kghost, how rare is that bike in Australia?...pretty sure they were never in the states...
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline Jayelwin

• Hot Shot
« Reply #16407 on: January 07, 2014, 10:02:26 am »
I rebuilt my front forks. New progressive springs, new oil (10 wt Lucas synthetic fork oil) filled to 150 mm from top of compressed tubes, new seals from All Balls, and most important new OEM shiny fresh chromed top bolts.

The fork tubes are in good shape where they go in and out of the seals. Above that they are quite pitted but the gators cover that up.

Jay Ace

« Reply #16408 on: January 07, 2014, 10:39:48 am »
Got some new seals out of the box, walked into the garage, noted "significant shrinkage" and returned back in the house.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16409 on: January 07, 2014, 12:53:09 pm »
Kghost, how rare is that bike in Australia?...pretty sure they were never in the states...

There weren't a lot of them to start with mate, and because the 250's of the time were aimed at the "Learner Rider" market, they were largely abused, and being quite fragile, most ended up in wreckers yards too early. There wouldn't be too many left now, methinks. ;D

Offline jUNKER

« Reply #16410 on: January 07, 2014, 06:35:48 pm »
Pulled motor I need to replace the kicker shaft. Someone along the line of owners cut off the kicker.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:06:52 pm by jUNKER »

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16411 on: January 08, 2014, 12:11:44 am »
Well it was 25 deg C today, (77 deg F) so I whipped out my dusty old 'Wang, and went for a ride. I had a great ride, I rode up to Kinglake (40 miles up in the hills) and had a great lunch of Garlic Bread, hot chips (Fries) and a pint of Bulmers Cider. I must say it was a fine repast, I burped and farted all the way home, via the "Returned and Servicemans League" Club, where I had another pint, and lost a small fortune on a poker machine. Oh well, it's only money...........

I noticed how filthy my front wheel was when I was pumping the tyres up this morning, and even though I was pretty sure that I'd tried to clean the wheels once before with no real result, I stopped at "Supercheap Auto" and bought some Turtlewax wheel cleaner. By the time I got home I'd forgotten that I was gonna clean the wheel and put the 'Wang away, but then I thought, "What the hell" and gave the wheel a quick spray anyway, and God Almighty, what a difference this stuff made!

Take a look at the pic outside the pub, the wheel looks like it was painted (badly) with BBQ paint (the previous owner did no maintenance for at least 10 years) so I wasn't expecting much, but wow, the cleaner ripped the old brake dust, dirt, grease, dead rats etc off the original finish, all I did was spray it on and used a paint brush to spread the stuff around, then hosed it off, and the front wheel came up like new! (ish) Woohoo! I love great results for virtually no effort, it's a lazy man's dream!

Anyway, it was a great result, so good in fact that I might unbolt my side cases so I can get to my rear wheel and give it a clean too. Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
« Reply #16412 on: January 08, 2014, 05:55:01 am »
Finally giving a little of that money back Terry on those slots ?  You were on a winning role a while back  ;)  Give us some more lazy man tips, I'm all ears-----------

Offline fire113

• Expert
« Reply #16413 on: January 08, 2014, 08:57:21 am »
...K0 engine (without cylinder and cylinder head) arrived today.

Honda CB750 K0 & K0 & K1 & K1 & K2 & K2 & K6

Offline flybox1

• My wife thinks I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16414 on: January 08, 2014, 09:17:05 am »
Oil line braided exterior was in good condition, but faded and ugly.  Here is my $4 experiment.
before....

...and after, with a little clean up of the fittings.
'78 750K (F3 engine) PD42b's, Modified airbox w/K&N  filter, 40/110 jets, 1 needle shim, IMS@ 1 turn out. Kerker + Cone 18" QuietCore

Past Bikes
1974 550K0 (stock), 1973 CB350F (stock), 1983 Yamaha XS400K (POS)
77/78 cool 2 member #3
"Knowledge without mileage equals bullsh!t" - Henry Rollins

"This is my CB. There are many like it, but this one is mine…"

Offline bjbuchanan

• Master
« Reply #16415 on: January 08, 2014, 11:49:28 am »
Oil line braided exterior was in good condition, but faded and ugly.  Here is my $4 experiment.
before....

...and after, with a little clean up of the fittings.

I cleaned mine up and taped off the ends and hit the hoses with RUSTOLEUM appliance epoxy. It worked really well for how cheap and easy. No negative effects
The dirty girl-1976 cb750k, Ebay 836, Tracy bodykit
Round top carbs w/ 38 pilots, middle needle position, airscrew 7/8ths out, 122 main jet
Stock airbox w/ drop in K&N, Hooker 4-1

Don't trust me alone with a claw hammer and some pliers

Offline nccb

• Expert
  • 1974 CB750 Four
« Reply #16416 on: January 08, 2014, 12:08:02 pm »
how much does it cost for the stainless steel ones?  Don't get me wrong, it just seems like more work than its worth.

Offline MCRider

• Such is the life of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Today's Lesson: One good turn deserves another.
« Reply #16417 on: January 08, 2014, 12:15:57 pm »
how much does it cost for the stainless steel ones?  Don't get me wrong, it just seems like more work than its worth.
Carpy has new black for $60, Stainless for $70pr. But they have those funky hose clamps on them.

I got my stainless from ClassicCycleCity for $140 I think. Beautiful, crimped.
Ride Safe:
Ron
1988 NT650 HawkGT;  1978 CB400 Hawk;  1975 CB750F -Free Bird; 1968 CB77 Super Hawk -Ticker;  Phaedrus 1972 CB750K2- Build Thread
"Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see, lately it appears to me, what a long, strange trip its been."

Offline flybox1

• My wife thinks I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16418 on: January 08, 2014, 12:17:21 pm »
WORK?!?  No work here.  I'm a lazy fkr.  ;D  My wife already had the dye.  I actually didnt spend a dime on this....but a bottle of RIT might run you $4  ;D
Maybe a 10 minute soak in RIT, and then another 15 with a 320 grit sanding buff attached to my dremel. Done.

Stainless?  $50+? I dunno  :-\
'78 750K (F3 engine) PD42b's, Modified airbox w/K&N  filter, 40/110 jets, 1 needle shim, IMS@ 1 turn out. Kerker + Cone 18" QuietCore

Past Bikes
1974 550K0 (stock), 1973 CB350F (stock), 1983 Yamaha XS400K (POS)
77/78 cool 2 member #3
"Knowledge without mileage equals bullsh!t" - Henry Rollins

"This is my CB. There are many like it, but this one is mine…"

Offline nccb

• Expert
  • 1974 CB750 Four
« Reply #16419 on: January 08, 2014, 12:17:32 pm »
Carpy has new black for $60, Stainless for $70pr. But they have those funky hose clamps on them.

I got my stainless from ClassicCycleCity for $140 I think. Beautiful, crimped.

Oh, wow.  Didn't realize they were that much :o

Offline MCRider

• Such is the life of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Today's Lesson: One good turn deserves another.
« Reply #16420 on: January 08, 2014, 12:20:02 pm »

I got my stainless from ClassicCycleCity for $150 I think. Beautiful, crimped.

CycleX has them for $170 I think. Gold ferrules. I may have to trade mine in.

Oh, wow.  Didn't realize they were that much :o
Ride Safe:
Ron
1988 NT650 HawkGT;  1978 CB400 Hawk;  1975 CB750F -Free Bird; 1968 CB77 Super Hawk -Ticker;  Phaedrus 1972 CB750K2- Build Thread
"Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see, lately it appears to me, what a long, strange trip its been."

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16421 on: January 08, 2014, 01:22:47 pm »
Finally giving a little of that money back Terry on those slots ?  You were on a winning role a while back  ;)  Give us some more lazy man tips, I'm all ears-----------

Ha ha, yeah mate, it wasn't my day to win enough to buy another bike like last time when I bought the FJ1200 from my ill gotten gains, but what the heck, I can still afford to eat, which is very important to me right now, as I haven't had breakfast yet. I'm really impressed with that wheel cleaner stuff though, it did a superb job, for next to no effort! Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline Supermex01

• Enthusiast
« Reply #16422 on: January 08, 2014, 01:36:58 pm »
Service my V Max ready for Sunday's event

Offline fire113

• Expert
« Reply #16423 on: January 08, 2014, 02:04:18 pm »
...was searching parts for the K0 engine, was thinking about to make this engine real fast but I am not 100% sure :-\
Honda CB750 K0 & K0 & K1 & K1 & K2 & K2 & K6

Offline kghost

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16424 on: January 08, 2014, 02:36:19 pm »
Pretty sure I had my oil lines made at a proper hydraulic shop for about $25 (yeah in stainless)

There were about 10,000 or so KR-1's made if you believe the KR owners Forum

They were never in the US. Kawasaki didn't care too much about the learner market they were just going racing