Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today ?  (Read 3148023 times)

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
Re: What did you do to your bike today ?
« Reply #11500 on: August 12, 2012, 11:39:01 am »
>>PERK<< Sidecar?

Yes, but I'm not a "sidecar guy". For sale tomorrow...
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #11501 on: August 12, 2012, 11:45:54 am »
How do ya know ur not a sidecar guy tail you try it?

Anyway, www.sidecar.com has a for sale forum ya might wana list it on.
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #11502 on: August 12, 2012, 12:10:07 pm »
Just does not appeal to me
[not me or mine]

Thanks for the link
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Tews19

• I am no
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #11503 on: August 12, 2012, 12:28:52 pm »
The 550F looks nice. Side covers look nice as does the tank... Are those lesters?
1969 Honda CB750... Basket case
1970 Honda CB750 survivor.

Offline veloracermike

• Hot Shot
« Reply #11504 on: August 12, 2012, 12:34:48 pm »
Rode the twisties on Cow Creek Road

Without me! I'm hurt! Hurt I tells ya!  I just walked outside to see how hot it is...was thinking about going for a ride...not so much now.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:36:53 pm by veloracermike »
WTB 400F Motor! PM me if you've got one!!!!!!!

Offline cb550choppa

• Enthusiast
  • ride it like you hate it
« Reply #11505 on: August 12, 2012, 12:39:40 pm »
pulled carbs and made it unridable again  :( hopefully parts are in tuesday i wana be hammering threw twisties soon 
chop what ya got

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #11506 on: August 12, 2012, 01:07:49 pm »
The 550F looks nice. Side covers look nice as does the tank... Are those lesters?

Yes, I think so....

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #11507 on: August 12, 2012, 01:09:30 pm »

Without me! I'm hurt! Hurt I tells ya!  I just walked outside to see how hot it is...was thinking about going for a ride...not so much now.

It was a quick, spur of the moment ride Mike!  How 'bout next Sunday? And maybe Cycle Ranger too??

Offline Greggo

• Somebody's
  • Old Timer
  • Helmets Save Lives. Period.
« Reply #11508 on: August 12, 2012, 01:21:55 pm »

Yes, I think so....

Jackpot!

Offline veloracermike

• Hot Shot
« Reply #11509 on: August 12, 2012, 01:30:34 pm »

It was a quick, spur of the moment ride Mike!  How 'bout next Sunday? And maybe Cycle Ranger too??

I'm in, early before the heat hits, grab some coffee and hit some twisty's!
WTB 400F Motor! PM me if you've got one!!!!!!!

Offline CycleRanger

• No comment about being an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas Shop Manual Advocate
« Reply #11510 on: August 12, 2012, 04:55:16 pm »
Say what? I like cows!  Mmmm, tasty cows... :) Yeah, I'll ride. As long as it's not at 9am!  ;)

Been working on the CJ360. I got the frame back from the PC'ers this week.
Here's a before & after. The photo doesn't do it justice. The powder coating is beautiful.
I stripped & painted the small parts to save some money. Although I've spent about $30 on spray paint so far.
Knocked the old bearings out of the wheels while I'm waiting for new rims to arrive. Still haven't decided where to get spokes yet. Probably David Silver. Started on the carbs.  Damn it's hot out in the shop! >:(
Do you have a copy of the Honda Shop Manual or Parts List for your bike? Get one here:
https://www.honda4fun.com/materiale/documentazione-tecnica
CB750K5        '79 XL250s     CL350K3
CB750K3        '76 XS650      '76 CJ360T

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
« Reply #11511 on: August 12, 2012, 05:01:52 pm »
Hi ekpent,

...I is a K0 engine, I thought the same as I took off the valve cover! may be they changed/swapped  the cam towers.
That Bike is one of the very last K0, have to look in the papers but I think it was ~120 numbers before K1 starts.

Hey Fire. What year is the engine you were just working on ? Noticed the extra 8 bolts  that hold the round rocker shafts from spinning in the cam towers used on the later engines.

I would have to double check or Hondaman would know but I believe those extra tower bolts may have started around 1973 ?  to try and quiet the top end down a wee bit. Good work on all your projects,that polishing looks great.  Eric

maduncle

« Reply #11512 on: August 12, 2012, 06:01:53 pm »

Hmm - "Loose livestock" - not in New Zealand are you?

Offline Dimitri13

• Not a
  • Master
  • 1974 CB550K
« Reply #11513 on: August 12, 2012, 06:10:25 pm »
Finally got around to installing my Vapor digital dash. Just need to clean up the bracket and connect the wires.

Offline mjstone

• I'm definitly not a
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #11514 on: August 12, 2012, 06:30:16 pm »
Carted this whiner around all day! ;)

MJ
1972 CB500Four (Honda)
1973 CB500Four (Oliver)

Offline nancy

• CB750 K2'ish - SOLD!! Triumph Sprint GT2011
  • Hot Shot
  • No worries matey..
« Reply #11515 on: August 12, 2012, 11:31:16 pm »
Nearing the end of the 750 rebuild, motor put back in the frame on Sunday..all looking good and set to almost go...now onto minor attachments...so put in the clutch. Find a a 25mm thrust washer sitting on the floor with my clutch lifter plate - hmmmm, didn't seem to belong there. Clutch out again. All components checked to Honda book and fiche. Oh oh....looks like a gearbox washer...Holy heck!!!
Blind panic set in and I started to feel a little sick...upstairs to the PC..closer look at the fiche and yep - the washer belonged on the end of the gearbox mainshaft..OUTSIDE the end bearing, behind the bearing cover - inside the shifter cover. Phew...easy reach from shifter cover - had it back in there in 5mins. Back to the clutch...back in again and broke the pressure plate while doing up the lifter bolts. Oh crap. And.. I know about aligning the back on the splines..and I know about even tightening sequence and I still fooked it.
Oh well...waiting for another pressure plate - I'll refit the starter motor. Easy - didn't expect that. Thought I'd test it..with an external battery - span just great....but backwards... clockwise. Crap again. Back out, refit internals - dunno why but now it spins correctly (I hope)...counter-clockwise,..right?? :-\
Gave up...watch some TV. Back into it tomorrow.
Mark

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #11516 on: August 13, 2012, 01:08:29 am »
Oh well...waiting for another pressure plate - I'll refit the starter motor. Easy - didn't expect that. Thought I'd test it..with an external battery - span just great....but backwards... clockwise. Crap again. Back out, refit internals - dunno why but now it spins correctly (I hope)...counter-clockwise,..right?? :-\
Gave up...watch some TV. Back into it tomorrow.
Mark

How the hell did you manage to get the starter motor to spin the engine backwards Mark? You know the engine turns anti-clockwise when you're on the left hand side, and clockwise when you're on the right, yeah? ;D

Hey Stev-o, do you live in the "Bible Belt" mate? I've heard of "Loose Women", but "Loose Livestock" is just weird.......... ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Gurp

• I'm no.......
  • Master
  • Once was a...
« Reply #11517 on: August 13, 2012, 02:38:06 am »
Last minute decided i want to ride the cb550 to rally on the river in ironton ohio. So far tonight ive got the front end on with the clip ons and am fight the get the hardtail to line up to the swingarm. After i finish that ive got to wire the bike and mount a full read fender. Install new exhaust and jett/tune. After this i get about and hour aday to work on it. That includes runs to get anything i might need.  Hopeing to be ready by saterday morning.anyways got to get off here must sleep for a 10.5 hour shift and a 40 trip to work each way.

Ron
slow Progress 74 cb550.

Poor boy chop 73 CB500 chop

Future project 77 Cb750 Amen Savior

Offline Dimitri13

• Not a
  • Master
  • 1974 CB550K
« Reply #11518 on: August 13, 2012, 02:55:10 am »
Finally got around to installing my Vapor digital dash. Just need to clean up the bracket and connect the wires.

Not permanently mounted, but this is more or less what it's going to look like.

Offline Slug750

« Reply #11519 on: August 13, 2012, 03:05:58 am »
After a year long rebuild and moving house (plus shed) in the middle of it, I finally tried starting my K2 yesterday (Sunday in Australia). No luck, just a click from the wiring near the lefthand side cover area. Battery showing 11.7 volts after charging. Bought a new battery today and fitted tonight. She started after about two minutes on and off of cranking - and sounds awesome with the custom 4 into 4 pipes. Idling rough but that's probably crap in the carbs even though I washed and rinsed everything - I thought. Still got to sort the original front brake which I am not looking forward to. Are there later model twin disc forks/brakes that fit esily as I'd rather have twin discs anyway? Thanks, Slug.

Offline Tews19

• I am no
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #11520 on: August 13, 2012, 06:00:37 am »

Not permanently mounted, but this is more or less what it's going to look like.

Whats up with th elong clutch cable and brake line? Those would annoy me.,

Offline twallace

« Reply #11521 on: August 13, 2012, 07:02:27 am »
Soaked them, brushed them, polished...polished some more...and then polished more. Pretty happy with them though.

Offline fire113

• Expert
« Reply #11522 on: August 13, 2012, 11:02:49 am »
...put the engine back in the frame and 2 kicks later the engine was running, drove ~50Km and checked the engine, no oil leaks  ;D

Honda CB750 K0 & K0 & K1 & K1 & K2 & K2 & K6

Offline Tews19

• I am no
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #11523 on: August 13, 2012, 11:19:38 am »
...put the engine back in the frame and 2 kicks later the engine was running, drove ~50Km and checked the engine, no oil leaks  ;D

Gnarly pipes! Can you post a video of her running? Curious how she sounds

Offline Dimitri13

• Not a
  • Master
  • 1974 CB550K
« Reply #11524 on: August 13, 2012, 11:49:23 am »
Whats up with th elong clutch cable and brake line? Those would annoy me.

Oh they annoy the hell outta me too. The clutch cable is still good, but when it starts to go bad I'll be getting one the right length for clip-ons. The brake lines need replacing, and they'll be swapped out for clip-on length SS hoses from Slingshot Cycles (upper, lower, hard line) once I find another job.