Author Topic: Paint work ?????  (Read 944 times)

drag-on

Paint work ?????
« on: December 01, 2009, 10:28:36 am »
Ok, I have not even started to take the bike apart yet. Still looking at it to get a imagination of what it should look like when finished. Looking for some paint ideas. It will not be a cafe, it will be a extended vintage looking drag bike. I had idea of Rat Fink at front of tank spitting out pistons, cams, chains, etc the length of body for paint. Using HOK paint... Any ideas on paint??? seems everything has been done.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:30:24 am by drag-on »

drag-on

Re: Paint work ?????
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 11:11:47 am »
Oh come on......... No creative minds out there???? ???

drag-on

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 03:20:21 pm »
Ok your no help.  :D ;D Going with the Clean Plain Jane look. Paint will start at rake point as tangerine and fade to yellow at tail, drag bars will be tangerine at center point and fade to yellow at ends to become part of frame look.  :o

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 08:28:33 pm »
Paint is a subjective thing and what I like might not be what you like. You're going to find a lot of stock appearing fans here. I like the bike in the picture but probably wouldn't paint mine like that. My street rod is black cherry with silver/gray flames, not everyones cup of tea but I like it. Our race car is purple, go figure.
 So that having been said, I vote for black cherry with a silver stripe flowing from the front to the tail.
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.
 You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline domer

• I got a bridge for sale, and it was built by a
  • Expert
  • everything is better with a bag of weed!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 08:47:39 pm »
i agree with Don R. paint is absolutely a "what ever tickles your pickle" kind of deal. i have never "completed" a project, so if it cant be touched with a rattle can its not for me. nothing against nice paint, but working around it is like walking on egg shells. your bound to chip it at some point. besides i like the rat look any how... POOR WHITE TRASH FOR LIFE!!! all in all, don't listen to anybody but yourself, maybe your wife if you like her!