Author Topic: My CB750F bracket bike  (Read 2685 times)

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
My CB750F bracket bike
« on: December 06, 2009, 11:53:07 pm »
Just posting a quick picture of my CB750 F Super Sport bracket bike. A few of the members saw it last year at a race at Piedmont Dragway in NC.

78 F" model, ported head with stock valves and heavy duty APE springs, RC327 cam, 1030cc kit. External oil braided steel drain lines were added to the front of the head and run to the top of the cases bypassing the block.  V&H sidewinder fom a CB1100F. 36mm Mikuni flatslides mated to hand worked offset stock carb boots. Ignition provided by a Dyna S pasing through an MSD MC3 box with fire from .7 ohm Dyna coils into Taylor spark plug wires.  The chassis is raked slightly and the stock arm was extended 11". Still using the stock tank but i hand fabricated the extended seat pan with fiberglas matting. A 630 chain moves the bike. A 5.5" MT slick is mounted on a Suncoast 4.5" spoke rim provide by Buchanan. Stock Comstar rim on the front wire stock brakes and rotors with fluid being applied through a Kawasaki ZX6 master cylinder. The rear master cylinder is off of a 91 ZX11.

Although alll none essential parts were removed to drop wieght for dragracing, the bike still tips the scales at 465lbs. Best pass in the 1/8th mile is a 6.65@100mph and a 10.68 in the 1/4 @121mph. At some point i intend to lighten the bike up by putting an aftermarket set of aluminum wheels on the bike and plan to replace the heavy rotors and calipers with lighter parts. The 630 chain will be replaced with a lighter 530 setup to reduce static and reciprocating weight. I should drop a tenth off my ET with those changes.  
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 05:44:17 pm by dragracer »

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Re: My CB750F bracket bike
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 11:56:29 pm »
Where's the pic..?

Here's a pic of the one i picked up a couple of years back,full RC engine with 31mm smoothbores running on methanol.

Mick
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 12:02:21 am by retro rocket »
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 12:05:22 am »
Where's the pic..?

Here's a pic of the one i picked up a couple of years back,full RC engine with 31mm smoothbores running on methanol.

Mick

Sorry, i attached the wrong picture and modified the post without one. Thought i had one on this lap top. Will post a picture tomorrow.

Nice bike by the way. My bike is set up without a wheelie bar.

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 12:09:10 am »
Where's the pic..?

Mick

What kind of numbers do you get out of that setup??????

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 12:25:18 am »
I never raced that bike and am using some of the bits in a 1000cc bike i am building at the moment but i have all the books that the guy kept his facts in and it says high 10's. The guy i got it off was Australian champion and was meticulous with it, it came with a pile of boxes with everything from different sprockets, air shifters, chains, cerrianni forks, boxes of spark plugs, to a pile of jets for the rare sandcast cr31's, it was a small gold mine.. ;)  It has a knife edged crank, back cut gears fully ported head with all the relevant goodies, golden rods, venolia pistonsand a  barnett clutch, thats it off the top of my head but i am about to breath new life into it with the 1000cc pistons, carillo rods and a billet aluminium block with nikasil bores. Also using a gsxr front end and cut down gsxr rear end with the mono shock removed and 3 spoke wheels like your project bike, should keep me busy for a while...  :o

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Online Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 04:04:05 am »
Good morning Guys, Don't worry about the lack of picture Frank, I've been on years and have still not figured out how to post them ;D
Anyway, I've seen your bike, the rabble on here will just have to wait. :D :D :D :D :D
Talk about having seen something, I think I'm the only person to have seen the billet block that Mick and others have ordered. ::)
I'm staying with Mike Rieck Frank, he's the guy having them made and WOW :o :o :o they sure are nice, you won't be dissapointed Mick.
Frank, take a look at them in the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Sam. ;)

C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline dragracer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB750F Dragbike
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 09:51:57 pm »
Good morning Guys, Don't worry about the lack of picture Frank, I've been on years and have still not figured out how to post them ;D
Anyway, I've seen your bike, the rabble on here will just have to wait. :D :D :D :D :D
Talk about having seen something, I think I'm the only person to have seen the billet block that Mick and others have ordered. ::)
I'm staying with Mike Rieck Frank, he's the guy having them made and WOW :o :o :o they sure are nice, you won't be dissapointed Mick.
Frank, take a look at them in the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Sam. ;)

Wow, i just read through that billet block thread and have decided to start throwing all my spare change into a billet block fund piggy bank.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 10:02:05 pm »
Yep, got me one of those coming with nikasil bore and while you are drooling look at Big Jay's 1000cc forged pistons he made for us.......got 2 sets of those.... ;)

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=59909.0

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc