Author Topic: Right hand control innards  (Read 579 times)

Offline luckysubie

• CB noob
Right hand control innards
« on: December 10, 2009, 02:25:00 pm »
I'm finally starting to piece together the CB550 I bought over summer.  I bought a start button and spring for a CB500 off a parts fiche b/c there wasn't one on the fiche for the CB550.  So that solved half of my dilemma.  Now I know how to mount the button and the retainer with the green/red wire but I don't know how the yellow/red wire mounts to complete the circuit when the button is pressed.  I know how/where those pieces mount on the other half of the hand control.  I just don't know how the original setup looked to complete the circuit.  It's a 74.  If anyone has theirs broken down and can snap a pic of the inside for me I'd really appreciate it.  I've got to figure out some way to steady the wire over the button.

Offline bryanj

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB500 Number 1000036
Re: Right hand control innards
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 07:02:49 am »
You cant fit 500 bits to a 550 switch as the switch on the 550 works different and also turns off the headlamp when you go to start.

The 550 part is not available seperately you will have to get another switch assembly
Semi Geriatric ex-Honda mechanic and MOT tester (UK version of annual inspection). Garage full of "projects" mostly 500/4 from pre 73 (no road tax in UK).

Remember "Its always in the last place you look" COURSE IT IS YOU STOP LOOKIN THEN!