Author Topic: NOMINATE for Bike Of The Month - February 2010  (Read 14592 times)

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
Re: NOMINATE for Bike Of The Month - February 2010
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 08:52:37 pm »
Bonafide, I think, before you go making a statement like "They would just keep nominating the bikes over and over again til they eventually won"! That is Not a TRUE statement. There have been several bikes that had  been nominated that Did Not EVER win.
AND it Was Not Commonplace. It happened off and on. I was there, were you?

There IS NO ruling that that says a bike CAN'T be renominated AND I was giving pae's bike a 2nd chance.   

Doesn't make much difference NOW, since the bike in question has been pulled by the owner. BTW, it is a good feeling, I'm sure, to win the BOTM and if there is no real difference as you SEEM to indicate, why even enter the competition anyway? MY intentions were ONLY to give pae's bike a 2nd chance. Period! Want to talk about it more, send me a PM.

Bill - dont get condescending with me because you think you've been around and have more online experience than me. The BOTM threads from years back are still online and viewable, so dont go calling me a liar (in so many words) ... go get your FACTS straight. The renominating of some bikes were done over and over ... so much so .. it was common. That sir, is my opinion of what I saw.

I didnt say there is a ruling saying no 2nd chance ... but IMO it's LAME to renominate a bike the very next month. MY OPINION Bill ... I'm not being rude about it and not getting personal (unlike you).

I dont need to talk to you more about this and have nothing to say in a PM than cant be said in public.

Then tell it like it is. I'm simply saying that you are overstating the facts. YOU, my friend are the one who had a chance to stay out of this, but YOU chose not to. Funny how all of this started because I simply wanted to give a bike a SECOND CHANCE, Why is THAT such a CRIME? Not Willing to do it in a Gentlemanly way, eh? Not Surprised. Why is it that YOU have such a thing about going after ME? Seems YOU have an agenda, I on the otherhand was Simply persuing a SECOND CHANCE to see if I could get a SHARP looking 650 in as BOTM AND if I failed on the SECOND ATTEMPT, that would have been it. I have Nothing more to say to YOU, because it is clear that You have no interest in resolving ANYTHING. Why don't you go back to bed and see if you can get up on the right side this time. 
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 2012 CBR250R, 72 CL350, Member #4600
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 09:01:13 pm »
Sorry, folks, but I'm pulling my bike from this dog and pony show. I just don't care enough about these contests to want to watch the intrapersonal debates going on.  If, for whatever reason, someone else thinks my bike should be in for some other month further down the line now that the 650 project is done and I've started on the 350 then they can speak then. 
"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
2012 CBR250R "Black Betty"
1980 CB650c- (sold) Delilah
1973 CL350- Lola?
Sweet, bubbly, Buddha - Say it ain't so!!!
Stuff for sale

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 10:07:56 pm »
This has really gone to the #$%* this month, the first 3 words i said were "nothing personal guys"......It wqas just an opinion, the last thing i wanted was a #$%* fight..... ::)    I think the cold may be getting to a few people around here.......Lets get back to business people.... ;)

Mick

Oh, i would like to nominate "common sense".... :P
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 11:48:25 pm »
Can we wind this back a day or two and start again maybe? :(
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 11:53:41 pm »

+1

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline pae

• Enthusiast
    • Phil Edwards CB650 pages
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 01:21:08 am »

+1

Mick

+ 1 more. Cool it guys.

Bill felt my 650 deserved another shot; I didn't accept the nomination for reasons stated before. We all have an opinion on whether that's good or bad - some stronger than others - but we're now trying to second guess intentions and motives. Let's leave it there and not ruin the thread for those that are still in it.

Time to move on and nominate the entrants for BOTM. There are plenty more out there deserving a shot at it.

Phil

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 01:23:18 am by pae »
'79 CB650  .... | ....  XJ600 electric drag racer  .... | ....  T W M C

It takes a lot of practice to sound like yourself

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 04:15:44 am »

+1

Mick

+ 1 more. Cool it guys.

Bill felt my 650 deserved another shot; I didn't accept the nomination for reasons stated before. We all have an opinion on whether that's good or bad - some stronger than others - but we're now trying to second guess intentions and motives. Let's leave it there and not ruin the thread for those that are still in it.

Time to move on and nominate the entrants for BOTM. There are plenty more out there deserving a shot at it.

Phil

MY feeling, exactly!

Bill
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Offline Bob Wessner

• "Carbs Suck!"
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 07:16:03 am »
Before this gets any further from the intent, how about a compromise? Once a bike has been nominated, but does not win, at least one month must pass without a renomination before it can be nominated for BOTM again.  ???
We'll all be someone else's PO some day.

Offline sangyo soichiro

• Tuck
  • Master
  • ☢ the atomic playboy ☠
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 07:52:36 am »
It has been brought up that this is turning into a 650 month. Well, how many months have had mostly 750s in them and no one blinked an eye or thought twice about loading an entire month with cafes or bobbers or whatever? Last month alone, we had that suggested, AFTER people had already been nominated, 2nd and accepted. We've seen months where a bare bones budget bike went up against a high performance, racing team backed, professionally built bike. How is that possibly considered competition is a good sense? Now I see that we feel free to post (and gloat) over the final count. That is demeaning and disrespectful to the builder, sir, plain and simple. "it placed last during January's vote. " Shame on you. This is exactly the kind of thing that kept me away from the monthly vote for year or more.  :( :( :(

I'm the guy guilty of those... I nominated that bare-budget bobber, and then felt bad when all the fancy bikes got nominated.  I was just trying to make the guy feel good about being nominated.  And I was the one that suggested an all-bobber month.  Just trying to suggest something new for a change (and maybe I was still thinking about my bare-budget bobber nomination having to go against racers...).  I didn't mean for any of the others to be de-nominated... I was just hoping my idea might be considered in the future. 
1974 CB 750
1972 CB 750 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,57974.0.html
1971 CL 350 Scrambler
1966 Black Bomber
Too many others to name…
My cross country trip: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,138625.0.html

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 08:08:35 am »
Before this gets any further from the intent, how about a compromise? Once a bike has been nominated, but does not win, at least one month must pass without a renomination before it can be nominated for BOTM again.  ???

Sounds good to me! :)
Member # 1969

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 08:12:51 am »
It has been brought up that this is turning into a 650 month. Well, how many months have had mostly 750s in them and no one blinked an eye or thought twice about loading an entire month with cafes or bobbers or whatever? Last month alone, we had that suggested, AFTER people had already been nominated, 2nd and accepted. We've seen months where a bare bones budget bike went up against a high performance, racing team backed, professionally built bike. How is that possibly considered competition is a good sense? Now I see that we feel free to post (and gloat) over the final count. That is demeaning and disrespectful to the builder, sir, plain and simple. "it placed last during January's vote. " Shame on you. This is exactly the kind of thing that kept me away from the monthly vote for year or more.  :( :( :(

I'm the guy guilty of those... I nominated that bare-budget bobber, and then felt bad when all the fancy bikes got nominated.  I was just trying to make the guy feel good about being nominated.  And I was the one that suggested an all-bobber month.  Just trying to suggest something new for a change (and maybe I was still thinking about my bare-budget bobber nomination having to go against racers...).  I didn't mean for any of the others to be de-nominated... I was just hoping my idea might be considered in the future. 

I, myself, don't see a problem with al all "Anything" Month. It should be decided on before the start of the nominating period though, so folks can decide who they might want to nominate.

soichiro, I don't think anyone's coming down on you for that though. You were just making a suggestion, as you stated. ;)
Member # 1969

Offline Really?

• I've come to the conclusion that I AM a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 08:47:21 am »
Wow, disappeared for the weekend and my thread went nuts, lol.  The big boss even jumped in.  :-[

I have seen bikes re-nominated at least three months in a row before I took over.  I try and let the BOTM run as it used to becuase things may have been settled out and agreed upon without having to bring them up again.

Personally, I don't care if a bike gets renominated.  It will run it's due course with the voters.  As it always has.  Heck, there are months we need the additional bikes to vote upon.  One month I remember there was not a BOTM due to lack of nominations - would hate to see that happen again.  I will Poll this for a couple days and make the outcome the rule (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=63946.0 ).

If we need to wait a month, then so be it.  If it becomes agreed upon that we need to wait a month, I will update the rules (still behind on that).

KIT, I hope you reconsider.  That is a very nice looking 650 and I have seen your thread change from newbie to expert status.  I have seen you pour your heart into her.  I feel it is very well worth the nomination.

All, if you want this to be a 650 month, only nominate 650's.  This is the way you can make it that way after the nominations have started.  Think about it, y'all control it, I just try and guide it along.

When mommas (CCOErika) was nominated, I could not believe it.  I did not think it was near good enough but many of you did and that was truley exhilerating - just the nomination itself.  But then to go on to win was unbelieveable.  But, I am truley honored that momma's bike was so well taken.  And I feel most feel the same way about their nominated SOHC.

My point is (I hope) is that all the bikes were winners, not necessarily how they placed.  PAE did very well with his well done SOHC as did them all.

Some of us can tell a pro and a newbie, or inbetween on these bike and I am sure those of us base our decisions for the vote on that.  That is the voters choice.  I personally have made my voting choice on that as well.

I hope this is taken well as I had no intentions of offending anyone.

Thanks,
Rick
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:01:22 am by TipperT »
I don't have a motorcycle, sold it ('85 Yamaha Venture Royale).  Haven't had a CB750 for over 40 years.

The Wife's Bike - 750K5
The Kid's Bike - 750K3

Offline Bob Wessner

• "Carbs Suck!"
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 08:55:44 am »
Wow, disappeared for the weekend and my thread went nuts, lol.  The big boss even jumped in.  :-[

Hardly the big boss, and I wasn't trying to interfere. I meant it as just a suggestion, which can be ignored (my wife does it all the time so it's nothing new to me ;D).
We'll all be someone else's PO some day.

Offline Really?

• I've come to the conclusion that I AM a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 08:56:43 am »
No offense taken boss!  ;D
I don't have a motorcycle, sold it ('85 Yamaha Venture Royale).  Haven't had a CB750 for over 40 years.

The Wife's Bike - 750K5
The Kid's Bike - 750K3

Offline Frankenkit

• Industrial Strength
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 2012 CBR250R, 72 CL350, Member #4600
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 11:24:26 am »
Ok, TipperT, my bike will stay and give Hush's a run for its money.  He'll still win, but at least it'll get a run for its money. ;)
"Moderation in all things - especially moderation. Too much moderation is excessive. The occasional excess is all part of living the moderate life."
2012 CBR250R "Black Betty"
1980 CB650c- (sold) Delilah
1973 CL350- Lola?
Sweet, bubbly, Buddha - Say it ain't so!!!
Stuff for sale

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 11:41:53 am »
I'm waiting for Scunny to get back to us on his 650 rebuild.
It's pretty hard to run stock against bobber and chopper against cafe', I'd rather be voting 750 against 750 and 550 against 550 etc, maybe we could do a month for a certain category.
January=750 stock
February=650 stock
March=500/550 stock
April=350 stock
May=choppers (open class)
June=bobbers
July=cafe' (open class)

Anyhow you get the idea, it's just so hard comparing apples and oranges. :)
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline scunny

• Old Timer
  • don't call me expert
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2010, 09:28:42 am »
thanks for the nomination Hush, I will accept just to share the lime light with you and Kit. hopefully Paes bike is allowed to join the fracas
past-cb100,ts250,cb500,cb500,gs1000,gs650g.phillips traveller
present-CB 650 retro
            VTR1000F3
           XL250S riverbed rocket
           TS250[sold]
           TS185[sold]
           XL125S[sold]
           MT50 (white)
           MT50 (red)[sold]
           KN250/XS400 project
           XR/XL250 bitsa under construction
           SL100[sold]
           XL250R
           pedal(pub bike) leaks oil
my gallery http://gallery.sohc4.net/members/personal/scunny

Offline cb650

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2010, 04:21:45 pm »
I think I'll join the other Terry on this one.   Did honda even make a 650?   ;D

Usually dont even look at this thread but heard it had gotten interesting. 
18 grand and 18 miles dont make you a biker

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 06:58:50 pm »
Come on CB650 have you got one to show?
If so let us know and someone will nominate you, that's the problem you see, some guys don't show us their bikes so we don't know what would be a suitable BOTM nomination.
OK anyway that's Scunny up on my nomination, can I have a seconder please. ;D

MötleyRöx

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2010, 07:15:15 pm »
Scunny... SECONDED!  

Just don't pull me over, please.   ;D

Offline MickeyX

• Master
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2010, 07:28:11 pm »
Okay, so a pic of scunny's bike is in order.  ;D

This is getting interesting.  ;)
1969 CL350 Scrambler... almost done!!! Well, until something else goes wrong. :)
2006 HD 883 Sportster, stock. No use changing it, it's still gonna be a Harley.

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2010, 07:52:28 pm »
Okay, so a pic of scunny's bike is in order.  ;D

This is getting interesting.  ;)

Yes Mickey, It IS getting Interesting after all. 8)
Member # 1969

MötleyRöx

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2010, 09:14:33 pm »
Sorry.  Did I throw a wrench in the already wrench'd 650 BOTM?   ;D

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2010, 10:09:44 pm »
Sorry.  Did I throw a wrench in the already wrench'd 650 BOTM?   ;D

Nah, I don't see that you did. ;)
Member # 1969

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 01:07:00 am »
Scunny I'll swap you bikes for a day, that thing looks hard out man! :)