put up with em
speed up and put em in the dust
let em pass and then flip em off
throw things
yell things
add high tech or low tech gadjets on yer bike to do battle with them
slow down to the point they finally pass you
let em pass and then tailgate THEM!

Author Topic: TAILGATERS  (Read 19178 times)

Offline Quail "Owner of the comfortable k8"

• Expert
  • Now thats good eaten!!
Re: TAILGATERS
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2006, 06:12:10 pm »
On the bike, I've had great success with just putting my left hand down and making a pushing back motion to signal them to back off. I think they don't expect such a non-confrontational reaction and then feel guilty about their own actions. Either that or they don't even realize they're tailgating until I point it out to them.

I do the same and if they still don't back off I just slow down and they will pass.  I tried the get mad route but that just makes me a jerk too.
These wonderful little birds are great flyers, delicious eating, excellent for training your hunting dog, and just fun to shoot,or stuff and keep around the house.  Bobwhites can be put with other types of Quail and have very large penis's.  Quail are very popular with the babes.

Gibson

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2006, 06:33:29 pm »
i was tailgated and wayved them by [going 65-70] they droped back 100 feet or so then got within 2 feet of my ass pulled along side of me and crowed me off the road it was a 04 style purple-maroon Intreapid. i don't way've annyone by now this was almost 2 years agow i'm a more aware of my surounding's now.  I never seen him again but i shure widh i knew his name and where he lived.
Helluva way to get started streetbikeing.

Offline SCJIM

• Enthusiast
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006, 07:10:55 pm »
Gibson,

I feel your pain bro.

maybe a new strategy should be looked into...

mini cams digital imaging front and back. 
with a "quick trigger" somewhere easy to reach.
this way you might be able to snap off a couple pics of the #$%*
who desperately needs to be turned over to the COPS.

or join up with one of those "disreputable" biker groups.
they usually don't ride alone. It makes sense really.
lets face it, Would you even think of tailgating a couple of "PEGANS"

i don't think so..

unless you wanted your ribs cracked, eyes black, car burned, house burned, wife raped & forced to be a member of the club,
your dog raped, your honda scoot turned into a piniatta, and your lunch money taken.

then all i can say is..

"wasn't me! it was HIS idea!" :-\
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 07:15:53 pm by SCJIM »
Jim in SC
1981 CB 650 Custom

Offline mrblasty

• Expertly
  • Expert
  • I can bunny hop my 750 #$%*es
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 07:59:30 pm »
Tailgaters are a pain in the ass for sure, no trying to derail the thread but twice this week I have had one driver pass me on the right while I was attempting a right hand turn and another try it after I was committed to a right hand turn. nearly ate it both times, God damned clueless pricks.
(for You left side drivers/riders passing on the right on a single lane is not legal here.)
I farted and made my son cry.
1973 Honda CB 750
1975 GL 1000
1975 Yamaha XS650 The Swamp Donkey

Gibson

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2006, 05:31:24 pm »
I got run off the road not more than 3 miles from home on a quiet country road in the afternoon so it can happen annywhere.
Clint Eastwood said it best ''A man alone is easy prey''
A guy my father know's was going on a main highway 80-90 Klm/h when he was tailgated almost run off the road then the car slowed down and hit the brakes ahead of him then got along side and hollared at the lad on the motorcycle. like anny good prepaired biker should be he pulled the 357 magnum from his chest pocket pointed it in the car window and hollard you get the #$%* out out of here car hit the brakes and was never seen again or before.
Evon if you apear to be alone never be.

Offline DiscoEd

• Hot Shot
  • Keeping it surreal!
    • My personal gallery is at:
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2006, 07:45:07 pm »
he pulled the 357 magnum from his chest pocket

Yes, this is probably much more versatile than having a machine gun fixed to the bars. This way you can get good 360 degree coverage.

1975 CB550 K1
1976 CB550
1974 CB360
2003 Suzuki Volusia Intruder

My personal gallery is at:
http://gallery.sohc4.net/main.php?g2_itemId=1954

Offline SCJIM

• Enthusiast
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2006, 08:05:42 pm »
the 357 magnum. While it does have its  appearance effect has a flaw,

its a freakin hand cannon!  bulky and cumbersome, not to mention a monster recoil.

while a snub nose 38 could do the job just as well or if you like, 15 in the clip of the glock 9.

all those could do the job but..

there are those pesky lil licence to carry and concealed gun permit's you have to get.

like ol Dirty Harry said "a man's got to know his limitations"

Jim in SC
1981 CB 650 Custom

Gibson

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2006, 04:58:58 am »
I like the brake fluid idea my dad was going to do that only have the hose windsheld heigh by the hose coming from the mesh back window protector in the rack on his truck and spraying old motor oil. Great mind's must think alike   

• Expert
  • Now thats good eaten!!
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2006, 08:56:40 am »
Gibson,

I feel your pain bro.

Would you even think of tailgating a couple of "PEGANS"

i don't think so..

unless you wanted your ribs cracked, eyes black, car burned, house burned, wife raped & forced to be a member of the club,
your dog raped, your honda scoot turned into a piniatta, and your lunch money taken.

I thought the Jacket said "Pecans"!  I miss the dog.
These wonderful little birds are great flyers, delicious eating, excellent for training your hunting dog, and just fun to shoot,or stuff and keep around the house.  Bobwhites can be put with other types of Quail and have very large penis's.  Quail are very popular with the babes.

Offline Bob Wessner

• "Carbs Suck!"
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2006, 09:02:07 am »
there are those pesky lil licence to carry and concealed gun permit's you have to get.

Even with the required paperwork, many places have laws against "brandishing."
We'll all be someone else's PO some day.

eldar

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2006, 10:04:45 am »
There might be laws against brandishing but in an instance like this, you could probably use the case of self-defense. Which it really can be. If a person is deliberately tailgating and harrassing you, that would then be self-defense.

Offline cbjunkie

• Master
  • ...know what i'm sayin'?
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2006, 10:19:54 am »
tough to prove that in court.

i think it's better not to antagonized #$%*s who outweigh me, in general...and in particular on a bike - just seems like asking for it.

not that it wouldn't feel GRRRREAT! to see the look on their face when you pulled out the dirty harry.
1971 750K1
1972 CB350 (deceased)

sometimes naked, sometimes mad -
now the poet, now the fool -
thus they appear on earth,
the free men.

Offline ofreen

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2006, 10:26:25 am »
Few things can complicate your life faster than pulling a gun on someone, let alone shooting them.  Far better to avoid the situation.
Greg
'75 CB750F

"I would rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question." - Dr. Wei-Hock Soon

Offline Bob Wessner

• "Carbs Suck!"
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2006, 10:34:20 am »
Few things can complicate your life faster than pulling a gun on someone, let alone shooting them.  Far better to avoid the situation.

Absolutely!

I hate being tailgated also, but you never know, they may have a bigger gun, then where are you and "tailgating" can be subjective. Minimally you may find yourself debating the issue in front of a judge.. or jury. Who needs that?
We'll all be someone else's PO some day.

eldar

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2006, 10:43:06 am »
We are talking about if a person is purposely screwing with you. A motorcycle has no defense. I have know others that have been run off the road by a person like this. You cant just slow down with these people. In town is not such a big deal as you canlose them in traffic but out on the hiways, thats another story. I would do whatever I had to, to get those type of people off my back. If that means pulling a gun, so be it. I woiuld rather go to court than let some tard with a vendeta against motorcycles splatter me.

Offline ofreen

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2006, 11:14:56 am »
we have enough road rage in the UK, I'd hate to see what happens if we where allowed to have guns  :o

There is an old saying attributed to Robert Heinlein that goes 'an armed society is a polite society.'  I think there is some truth to it.
Greg
'75 CB750F

"I would rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question." - Dr. Wei-Hock Soon

Offline cbjunkie

• Master
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2006, 11:20:49 am »
as per the "camera" thread, soon our brit bros will have all the protection they need... ::) :P
1971 750K1
1972 CB350 (deceased)

the free men.

Offline ofreen

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2006, 11:33:30 am »
as per the "camera" thread, soon our brit bros will have all the protection they need... ::) :P

Yup.  Poor devils.
Greg
'75 CB750F

Offline DiscoEd

• Hot Shot
  • Keeping it surreal!
    • My personal gallery is at:
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2006, 05:12:25 pm »
When I ride, I always keep my CB550 decoys at the ready!
They work just like flares on an F18. One minute Charlie's all over your ass, the next minute he's confused and you're riding up his tail pipe!

Regards,
DiscoEd
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 07:21:30 pm by DiscoEd »
1975 CB550 K1
1976 CB550
1974 CB360
2003 Suzuki Volusia Intruder

My personal gallery is at:
http://gallery.sohc4.net/main.php?g2_itemId=1954

Gibson

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2006, 06:06:22 pm »
A flare pistol might be something good to carry no law's bought them I wouldn't wan't to get hit by one and can you magine if you had to use it and just shot it in a car window that would be a help in a tight spot.

Offline cbjunkie

• Master
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2006, 10:02:18 pm »
hell yeah - point this at a mutha fk...
1971 750K1
1972 CB350 (deceased)

the free men.

Gibson

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2006, 04:48:19 pm »
all the ones i saw wer alot smaller than that like the size of a 38 with a single shot 12 gauge barell 3 inches or so long

• Expert
  • Now thats good eaten!!
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2006, 08:19:47 pm »
Yea have that cock and fire in your pocket at 60MPH :'(

Offline cbjunkie

• Master
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2006, 09:13:42 pm »
nah, man...i have a black leather holster rivited to my side cover... ;D
1971 750K1
1972 CB350 (deceased)

the free men.

Offline heffay

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2006, 10:17:55 pm »
http://www.ooze.com/finger/html/how_to.html

by the way, i love tailgate parties!
Today: '73 cb350f, '96 Ducati 900 Supersport
Past Rides: '72 tc125, '94 cbr600f2, '76 rd400, '89 ex500, '93 KTM-125exc, '92 zx7r, '93 Banshee, '83 ATC250R, 77/75 cb400f