Author Topic: Engine Stand adapter for CB750 Engine  (Read 24468 times)

Offline Medyo Bastos

• Master
  • Gusto mo titi ko?
    • project
Engine Stand adapter for CB750 Engine
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2016, 03:30:49 pm »
Yeah, you gotta be able to take the halves apart. Nice job Lindsay. Mine came out bulky as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 03:33:08 pm by Medyo Bastos »

Offline Lindsay G

Re: Engine Stand adapter for CB750 Engine
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2017, 10:51:36 pm »
I dont know whats going on here. I've tried to post a reply with more photos a couple of times and they aren't showing up.

Offline Lindsay G

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2017, 05:14:53 am »
I'll try again,
Not too much I can say about the design Bill,
I made it by basically measuring for the frame by laying a tape by the motor and thinking "that oughta be long enough and that oughta be wide enough" and then sitting the motor on the bench,(actually an XS650 motor originally ) and laying the frame around it.Then working out I'll put some mounting lugs about there, there and there, and then cutting and drilling some lengths of steel to bolt it up.
When I wanted to mount the Honda motor I just welded some more mounting lugs to the frame (once again using my eye-ometer).
If I can get the photos to upload you'll see another couple of uses for the frame that I've since come up with.

Offline Lindsay G

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2017, 05:34:02 am »
Ok, I had to lock the motor up to undo a nut so a short length of chain around the sprocket and I drilled and tapped a hole for a bolt into the frame.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:36:38 am by Lindsay G »

Offline Lindsay G

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2017, 05:40:50 am »
It comes in real handy to lift a motor out of a frame.I have an endless chain so I can do the job on my own.

Offline Lindsay G

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2017, 05:52:30 am »
Things seem to be working again now so here are a couple of stands I made up for the bikes themselves. Anything I make that needs to be on wheels I use old second hand sealed bearings from work. I just turn a bit of pipe to the right diameter and press the bearing on and weld the pipe to whatever I'm building.