Author Topic: Bought a disassembled bike. Have a couple questions 76 750 SS  (Read 859 times)

Offline njcafe84

Bought a disassembled bike. Have a couple questions 76 750 SS
« on: February 27, 2010, 02:35:04 pm »
I just picked up a partially disassembled 1976 750 super sport today for $500 and before I start trying to piece it back together I have a couple questions.

1. I would like to eliminate all non essential electronics so Im wondering if there is a write up on this summer explaining to me how to get rid of things like the gauges and blinkers.

2. I was given a bag with all the nuts and bolts for the bike that he had. Is there any dealer that I can order a particular nut or bolt from based on the piece I am attaching? Example if I needed to get new bolts for the handle bar clamps how can I find those specific bolts.

3. Are there any smaller tanks/ seats that bolt onto this frame that would make it easier for a short person like myself to ride comfortably?

Offline campbmic

• Sea-Foam and Flaming 151 is a dam good
  • Hot Shot
Re: Bought a disassembled bike. Have a couple questions 76 750 SS
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 02:42:01 pm »
You can buy bolts at homedepot?
Its hard to be wrong when you know nothing!

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 03:23:53 pm »
why remove gauges? keep your tach at least.
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1894

Offline Honda?

• Made in the Midwest
  • Enthusiast
  • BEER!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 03:30:55 pm »
You've got a handful ahead of you.

Bikebandit.com has a lot fo good schematic drawings of our bikes. It should give you a good idea of where things go. Also if you don't mind overpaying for replacement parts you can buy form bike bandit too.

Here. http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1976-honda-motorcycle-cb750f/o/m9453

As for the electronics I'm sorry but I don't know much at all about that.
I have a 1970 CB350 SS, 1988 NT650(Hawk GT), 2004 BMW R1100S