Author Topic: Reassemblying K1 Switch Assemblies  (Read 3949 times)

Offline realride4130

Reassemblying K1 Switch Assemblies
« on: October 12, 2010, 05:05:59 pm »
First off, I'm an idiot and without knowing what I was doing I completely disassembled my K1 switch assemblies when I was removing my bars, right down to the microscopic springs and bearings.  I'm not too thrilled on the idea of buying new OEM switches for $150 so I want to at least try to reassemble both of them on my own.  The only problem is that I can't seem to find any images or exploded diagrams that show the full internal workings of the assemblies.

Does any one have a picture or know where I can find a full layout of the assemblies?  If I'm really SOL on this one where could I find replacements at a decent price?

Offline Johnie

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: Reassemblying K1 Switch Assemblies
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 06:47:56 pm »
This pic might help you out. You may want to put a white blanket under the work area as the bearing and spring have a tendency to pop out the first few times you put it back together. Spring goes in the hole and bearing in front of the spring on the block. Click the pic to enlarge it. Good luck with it...
1970 CB750K0 - Candy Ruby Red
1973 CB750K3 - Candy Bacchus Olive or Sunflake Orange
1970 Chevy Chevelle SS396 - Cortez Silver
1976 GL1000 Sulphur Yellow

Oshkosh, WI  USA

Offline mycb750k6

• "res ipsa loquitur"
  • Expert
  • Rocketman
    • photobucket albums
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 10:55:22 am »
I have a bunch for K1 left and right. I'll start reducing them and uploading them now....

Offline mycb750k6

• "res ipsa loquitur"
  • Expert
  • Rocketman
    • photobucket albums
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 11:09:47 am »
Start with the right switch
Spring, tiny ball and contact go in red button held on by circlip. For the K1, the kill plate must be unsoldered to remove the plate. Black and black/white go to kill fiber plate that must be unsoldered

Offline mycb750k6

• "res ipsa loquitur"
  • Expert
  • Rocketman
    • photobucket albums
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 11:10:52 am »
More right hand switch. Note the yellow/red stripe is the start button on bottom.
White and blue are high and low beam, black and black/white go to kill switch. Yellow/red is start which grounds to handle bar for K1

Offline mycb750k6

• "res ipsa loquitur"
  • Expert
  • Rocketman
    • photobucket albums
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 11:18:45 am »
Left K1.  Orange, blue and gray are blinker wires

How's that?

I don't have the start or horn buttons but they are straightforward and both ground to earth. Clean button and connectors well. With a good cleaning these switches will work like new.