Author Topic: TIMING CURVE?  (Read 1428 times)

Offline juliorice

TIMING CURVE?
« on: April 26, 2010, 12:35:01 pm »
I'm putting together a 71 cb750 and here's what I gots.  836 Wiseco.  Ported and polished head. Titanium retainers, heavy duty springs.  Webcamshafts 63a cam. (don't remember the #'s offhand.) 29mm Smoothbores.  And.. MSD MC-4 ignition.  I'm not building this bike to race, just want a bad ass daily rider.  I've been laughed in my face for the MSD, but I work in a machine shop that makes a lot of parts for MSD, so I figured only the best right?.  The MC-4 is programmable, and I keep looking for the stock timing curve as a place to start, but can never find it.  That's how I got to this site.  Pretty cool by the way.  If anyone can help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks and take it easy.  Julio

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
Re: TIMING CURVE?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 01:58:20 pm »
welcome to HiPo, and dont forget we love pics, loads of them

a bit out of my depth on your specific setup but a typical dyna S, common fit on CB's of all sizes, will give a linear 0-25 (add your static timig to those figures) advance between 0-2500 rpm and then stay fully advanced, as a basic setup it could be a starting point.   

some others will chime in surely with more precise figures.

TG

Offline Nikkisixx

• Expert
Re: TIMING CURVE?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 03:07:04 pm »
Great question.  I'l add (if I may) what timing curve others may have found optimal?
It is a proven fact that modifying a SOHC Honda in any way will bring on the apocalypse.