Author Topic: the new barn find  (Read 1461 times)

Offline jbrick28

• ell yeah
the new barn find
« on: April 28, 2010, 05:32:57 pm »
the night i brought it home after i got pulled over due to the trailer lights. The cop was an ass then he started talking about the bike and acted really cool.
then the first day of progress
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 05:40:04 pm by jbrick28 »
just cause i talk slow dont mean im stupid

Offline jreich

• Enthusiast
Re: the new barn find
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 05:42:04 pm »
Great find! Looks to be in great shape...no rust on the fork tubes, front wheel looks great, 16" rear correct?

Let's hear your plans!

Offline zzpete

• You better get an
  • Expert
  • 1969 CB750, 1971 CB750
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:42:25 pm »
 ;D Lookin GOOD!!!! Wish there were more barns around here.
"One of the things that make motorcycling so great because it never fails to give you a feeling of freedom and adventure." - Steve McQueen

Offline jbrick28

• ell yeah
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 05:50:32 pm »
It was from a friends dads barn. It was last ran 25 years ago. He had 4 over tubes and a 16inch rear with hog tire which were both in bad shape. It had ram horn bars, sissy bar, and king and queen seat. I had another 750 that i couldnt get the title for so i found this and transferred my parts. I put my drag bars on and put my stock rear wheel on, i kept the lowering blocks that were already there and rebuilt the carbs. it started up and blew a mop out of the Kerker exhaust but started right up. I just cleaned out the tank with the kreem tank kit and lined it so i should be on the road this weekend.

Offline jbrick28

• ell yeah
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 06:00:02 am »
Anxiously waiting for the 24 hours of the tank liner dry time to fuel up the bike.