Author Topic: I need titling advice  (Read 762 times)

Offline andy8190

• Expert
I need titling advice
« on: May 05, 2010, 02:14:43 pm »
So I have been reading previous posts about titles. I live in arkansas and according to the woman at the dmv I can not obtain a clear title with just a bill of sale. She said however I could get antique plates with a bill of sale. I recently bought 2 projects, one came with a previous title but it was salvaged and the back was filled out so i cant transfer it to my name. They may be able to help me with this one but my question is about the one i have no title what so over with. Should i just get an antique plates title or should i take it back to my home state and have a friend get a title there for me? What do you guys think.

Offline westondc

• Wes Mantooth
  • Hot Shot
Re: I need titling advice
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:33:59 pm »
So I have been reading previous posts about titles. I live in arkansas and according to the woman at the dmv I can not obtain a clear title with just a bill of sale. She said however I could get antique plates with a bill of sale. I recently bought 2 projects, one came with a previous title but it was salvaged and the back was filled out so i cant transfer it to my name. They may be able to help me with this one but my question is about the one i have no title what so over with. Should i just get an antique plates title or should i take it back to my home state and have a friend get a title there for me? What do you guys think.

luckily it sounds like you live in a state that allows you to get antique plates, which i believe comes with an antique title. write up your own bill of sale and go with the antique plates on both bikes. it will save you time and money. if you do endup doing this, ask the DMV if the antique title can be used to title the bike in a different state, i've been wondering this myself.
B.O.X.N.I.F.E. Hospital fund https://www.everribbon.com/ribbon/view/8352
Rider no. 115 on the 2012 SOHC/4 Honda World Tour
Rider no. 274 on the 2011 SOHC/4 Honda World Tour
1972 Honda CB500k1
1971 Honda CB350k3
the project http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=64499.0
Trip/Project Blog http://easterntowestern.blogspot.com/
just be a vagabond, living out of a backpack on a little Honda, cruisin all over the damn place....
"As your attorney, I advise you to buy a motorcycle. How else can we cover a thing like this righteously?"

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
Re: I need titling advice
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 02:49:11 pm »
OK not quite what I expected from the title....tit-ling....to get a title....damn. :D
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!