Author Topic: Newbie here, 76 Honda CB750 F  (Read 5159 times)

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
Re: Newbie here, 76 Honda CB750 F
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 09:03:39 am »
Was that the bike that was on CL that had something in the listing about it being from California?
   I bought the one in Indiana with 4800 miles on it from the original owner who had bought it in California originally.

lefthandblack

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 09:08:33 am »
Was that the bike that was on CL that had something in the listing about it being from California?
   I bought the one in Indiana with 4800 miles on it from the original owner who had bought it in California originally.

Oooooh, nice! Where in Indiana was this? Did you get a good price?

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 09:33:57 am »
It was in Chesterton,just west of Michigan city.He was asking $1100.00

lefthandblack

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 10:31:35 am »
It was in Chesterton,just west of Michigan city.He was asking $1100.00

Wow, very cool. Yup, thats north of me. Good find!

Offline WFO

• Will work for powerbands
  • Expert
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 03:05:35 pm »
Welcome to the honda world you are now in it and there is no escape (don't even try) just make more space in garage for more hondas ( fyi cars can be put outside) and don't be suprised to see your neighbors looking at you funny when they catch you talking to your bike.
82 cb650 sc nighthawk - 78 kz 650 b

lefthandblack

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 05:47:10 pm »
Welcome to the honda world you are now in it and there is no escape (don't even try) just make more space in garage for more hondas ( fyi cars can be put outside) and don't be suprised to see your neighbors looking at you funny when they catch you talking to your bike.

Haha, yeah, this is what I was afraid of. I have always been into Honda cars, and I am a huge Subaru Fanatic. I currently own 3 Subaru's, an 04 Impreza WRX STi, a 99 Forester S, and a 92 Legacy Turbo. I also have a modified 5.0 Mustang, so needless to say, my garage is pretty full. I am sure I can squeeze some more in there though, haha!

Offline Spanner 1

• Old Timer
  • CB 750 K0 ( always thought it was a K1!) + CB750K8
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 06:42:31 pm »
Their ALL gorgeous 'F's'... I'd love to have any of 'em.
If your sure it's a carb problem; it's ignition,
If your sure it's an ignition problem; it's carbs....

Offline SaintedOne

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 07:54:41 am »
Good afternoon all,

New to the forum but, I have owned my 1976 Honda CB750F1 (6800 miles) for about 20 years. I bought it from my ex-girlfiends father for a few hundred bucks. The bike was a mess, it was not winterize and sat for about 5 years in a gargage that had birds nesting in it. He had lost the keys for it but, I dragged it out of the garage and hose it off. I forgot to take before pictures but, you can imagine what it looked like with bird $h!T all over it. I got it home and worked on getting it running not worried to much about the appearance. After about 1 year of work I was able to get it on the road but only ran for a season and a half until electrical issues put it down. I have refused to part with it knowing one day that I would have the time and resources to getting running again. That time has come!! I have it running well now and I an starting to work on the appearance. I can only hope that one day mine can look at good as yours does lefthandblack.

Lefhandblack, your story sounds very familiar. I also had issues with the turn signals not flashing. I purchased the flasher from a Honda dealer and installed it and work well for a week or two. Then, they would not flash unless the RPMs were above 2000, then 3000, 4000, etc. I don't know that I have figured it out yet but, I swapped it for a standard automotive flasher i purchased for about 5 bucks. They are working now but, still a little slow to start flashing and the speed of the flash is somewhat slow.

I just received my cycle endorsement for my licence.

Here is a few pics of the progress (Please ignore the 72 olds in the background that is another project and yes it should not be in the gargage).
1976 CB750F1-Under construction!

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 10:30:18 am »
I use my flasher/beeper as my voltage regulator. Slow flashing/beeping means my battery is getting low. Time to downshift and get the revs up so it will charge better. Check your battery voltage when this occurs.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)