Author Topic: '75 Cb550 A break in the electrical  (Read 5241 times)

Offline phrige

• Enthusiast
    • Peter.Ox
Re: '75 Cb550 A break in the electrical
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 12:01:41 pm »
Tested Emgo ignition to Stock Ignition, on both the brown and white has extremely low power, on all settings. Red and Black are appropriate. I have a temp kill switch rigged up, 25amp max 12vDC that I got from radio shack. and Speedo is temp set up.

I also ran that "Popwood" suggested ground from bucket to coil ground. thats rigged up nice and solid so I have that going.

So Brown and white at fuse box is Low (0.45v)
     Brown and white at ignition is Low

I'll be back with pictures and theories.  ;D

* theories growing, question: what does L1 and L2 mean on the turn signal switch schematic?
why would the Brn Blu wire be connected in either L2 or R2 circuit causing the buzzer to moan?
Switch error or what causes that circuit to connect?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:28:55 pm by phrige »
Blog

"the hole theeng needs to be frushed down the toylit." -flybox1

Project Screaming Eagle - 75' CB550

Offline phrige

• Enthusiast
    • Peter.Ox
Re: '75 Cb550 A break in the electrical
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 04:23:46 pm »
I re-ran the black jump to brown/white since I'm not using stock controls. CB550's usually have a headlight on/off switch Which i've forgone.

I replaced the turn signal relay, I never made any clicking noises but i figured it was a power problem, seems like it was the relay. Signals now flash, brake light works good (though I had to remove rear switch since it would stick leaving the indicator on)

Thank you to Hondaman for Posts logged in the SOHC archive. The key that helped me was on a stock automotive flasher, Black is plugged into X and Grey goes into L. A reprint for those who havn't found the particular thread I did.
Blog

"the hole theeng needs to be frushed down the toylit." -flybox1

Project Screaming Eagle - 75' CB550