Author Topic: "Hondaman" Transistorized Ignition owners: need your comments, please...  (Read 20813 times)

Offline hcritz

• Hot Shot
CB750K7 has it there...
haven't gotten the part yet...but did get a tracking number.
Keep you posted.
He has quite a few nice NOS parts for all sorts of stuff.
The GS1150 sure does make me smile when I roll on the gas! LOL

Offline hcritz

• Hot Shot
Mark...sorry to hear about the damage to your bike!
Mine is still suffering from the fire in the warehouse a while back.
Smoke there caused a very corrosive atmosphere...all the chrome is starting to show signs of rust and all the polised alum. is corroding.
Looks like I'm going to have to start over at some point with the restoration. They are replacing the insulation, roof and walls of my area now...hope that stops the corrosion issues!
Still runs sweet though!

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
I just wanted to throw my .02 in here.  I bought my Hondaman ignition second hand from the classifieds here.  I installed it a few weeks ago and I no longer have the little hesitation at 8000 rpm that I had before.  It runs to redline like a champ each and every time.  I love this thing and after my vacation (when the wife lets me spend money again) I will be purchasing one for my VW Karmann Ghia and I will pass the word to other VW guys.  We tend to have a problem with aftermarket points-replacement systems.  They can fail at the worst possible time, and if you dont have the points with you, you are stranded.  The few VW guys I have shared this with are excited to see it in action.
CB550 Cafe, GL1000, Buell Ulysses
if you dont trial spin the camshaft in the head and cover you are a novice,with no natural mechanical appitude,destined for destruction.
"The cleaner the dipstick, the closer to God." -Rev. Horton Heat
“Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.”  - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline vern401

• Enthusiast
What would sell to me is Cost and reliability mainly.
It saves money on tune ups.
It is cheeper than allot of new systems out there.
You can easily go back to stock if you need to.
It's easy to install.

I'll be getting a couple in the future
1972 SL350
1978 750F SS
1979 XC500 Custom
1991 ZX600C4 Ninja
1982 KZ550C-3

Offline HondaMan

• Someone took this pic of me before I became a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ...not my choice, I was nicknamed...
    • Getting 'em Back on the Road
I just wanted to throw my .02 in here.  I bought my Hondaman ignition second hand from the classifieds here.  I installed it a few weeks ago and I no longer have the little hesitation at 8000 rpm that I had before.  It runs to redline like a champ each and every time.  I love this thing and after my vacation (when the wife lets me spend money again) I will be purchasing one for my VW Karmann Ghia and I will pass the word to other VW guys.  We tend to have a problem with aftermarket points-replacement systems.  They can fail at the worst possible time, and if you dont have the points with you, you are stranded.  The few VW guys I have shared this with are excited to see it in action.

I think I only have one on a VW now, and it is a Karmann Ghia, too. What happens with their points?
See SOHC4shop@gmail.com for info about the gadgets I make for these bikes.

The demons are repulsed when a man does good. Use that.
Blood is thicker than water, but motor oil is thicker yet...so, don't mess with my SOHC4, or I might have to hurt you.
Hondaman's creed: "Bikers are family. Treat them accordingly."

Link to Hondaman Ignition: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=67543.0

Link to My CB750 Book: https://www.lulu.com/search?adult_audience_rating=00&page=1&pageSize=10&q=my+cb750+book

Link to website: www.SOHC4shop.com

Offline Gaither

• Hot Shot
  • '77 CB550F
I've got one on order now - should be here soon. The 550 is running good now and I'm not about to buy and wrestle with 2 sets of points, etc. IF I can avoid it. Hondaman's Ignition just makes sense.

Over the years, I've messed with too many ol' flathead Fords distributors with 2 sets of points. [Likely, a lot of you guys don't recall them.] Always an agravation.
Gaither ('77 CB550F)