Author Topic: Have you done a brake upgrade?  (Read 793 times)

Offline xfactor

• Hot Shot
Have you done a brake upgrade?
« on: July 01, 2010, 03:09:35 pm »
Helllo all! I am thinking I have an important decision to make soon. I am betting that the PO messed up my Caliper so bad that I think I need to invest in a new caliper.

Which brings me to the next question, if you have upgraded your rear to an new disc system which system did you use?

Next question, If you did a font dual setup, did you keep your stock spedo? and if so, how did you reroute the spedo cable? what system did you use?

Pictures welcomed!

Croix

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
Re: Have you done a brake upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 03:15:23 pm »
You don't hear too much about rear disc brake upgrades on these bikes mainly because the stock setup is more than adequate for the job, since the front does the vast majority of the braking.  

The rear drum brake on the earlier models is even plenty.  The only minor downfall of the drum brake on the rear is the tendency to lock up more readily than an hydraulic disc brake. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 03:17:08 pm by Gordon »

Offline xfactor

• Hot Shot
Re: Have you done a brake upgrade?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 03:27:41 pm »
You don't hear too much about rear disc brake upgrades on these bikes mainly because the stock setup is more than adequate for the job, since the front does the vast majority of the braking.  

The rear drum brake on the earlier models is even plenty.  The only minor downfall of the drum brake on the rear is the tendency to lock up more readily than an hydraulic disc brake. 

Yeah I was thinking I may have to find a rear drum setup, I have a 76 cb750f, with a disk setup already on there, i more or less am having the form v function debate.