Author Topic: Battery problem? Help....  (Read 785 times)

Offline JS550

• the artist formerly known as
  • Hot Shot
  • IAFF local 1307
Battery problem? Help....
« on: July 01, 2010, 07:09:24 pm »
My bike, 75/750k, just died. I hooked up my battery charger & it was jumping between full charge & a little off that. I didnt have the charger on "start". Anyway, went out to put it away, turned the key, lights came on, hit the start button & complete shut down. Lights went off, nothing.  Checked fuses, nothing blown, wouldnt kick start either, thats when I got the battery charger out. With the charger hooked up the lights came on & I got it started, pulled it in & it shut down again before I hit the kill. I rode it earlier & it was fine. My battery sh!t? MidOhio is coming, gotta get this sorted!
Jim
If you're worried about how many calories are in beer, is losing weight really your biggest problem?

Offline Jarhead12

Re: Battery problem? Help....
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 08:18:02 pm »
How old is the battery? Also might be from loose wiring.

Offline octalz

• I know.... cute.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 08:24:43 pm »
My old chevy p/u did the same thing. I didn't try kick starting it but cleaning the battery posts solved the problem.

Offline JS550

• the artist formerly known as
  • Hot Shot
  • IAFF local 1307
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 06:01:30 am »
Things looked so much better in the morning light. Tracked it down to a loose neg battery cable! Unbelievable....I had recently replaced the end on it & for some reason, the cable was loose on the terminal. DOH!
If you're worried about how many calories are in beer, is losing weight really your biggest problem?