Author Topic: cb750k1 oil jets in cylinder head removal  (Read 639 times)

Offline greasy j

• lanesplitting
  • Expert
  • non serviam
    • Dimale Painting & Restoration
cb750k1 oil jets in cylinder head removal
« on: July 01, 2010, 08:53:20 pm »
can't seem to get these out. there have been lots of threads talking about how these get clogged and cause problems. but no one mentions how to remove them. mine are not clogged, I blew compressed air through...

I tried a magnet, mini cross cuts. one wiggles but won't come out, other doesn't budge. next would be to try heat. bad idea?

should I leave them alone?

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: cb750k1 oil jets in cylinder head removal
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 09:16:39 pm »
Yeah mate, if the head is an OEM K1 item, the oil jets aren't removeable. The removeable jets were only used from K2 onwards. Give them a good blow through with compressed air to make sure they're not blocked, and it'll be fine. Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline greasy j

• lanesplitting
  • Expert
  • non serviam
    • Dimale Painting & Restoration
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 10:05:19 pm »
ya know, I think these ones are removable, maybe? one of them wiggles a little at least. I'm going to just trust that the cleaning and compressed air got them clean enough, though. I get too hung up on this little crap.

thanks Terry

I've learned a whole hell of a lot from you, MCR and Hondaman. from my topics, but also all of the other topics which have related to my sitch at various times.

you guys and others make this site the best thing on the internet.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 07:03:55 am »
Thanks mate, if one moves, you might have a later model head on your bike, in which case you should be able to pull 'em out with needle nose pliers. But if you can't, no matter, just blow 'em through. Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)