Author Topic: CR 750 FRAME MODS  (Read 39826 times)

Offline Phil

Re: CR 750 FRAME MODS
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2010, 11:56:15 am »
May be too late but ... Asa Moyce of Bartel Engineering makes the aluminium tanks (fuel and oil) that just about everybody uses. He could not be more helpful and supplied me with a set of plans to make all the brackets that are needed for fuel tank, oil tank, footrests, seat, etc.  These plans were developed/drawn by Asa and Bernard Saunders and are pretty well "right"! They are only hand-drawn but contain all the detail a good fabricator needs. I had Terry Mead (Kent) do all my frame modifications and he did a super job for £600. Everything fits more or less as it should. All I had to do was get it painted and assemble it!

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
  • Feal the Fear and do it anyway...
    • Moonpie
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2010, 12:04:15 pm »
May be too late but ... Asa Moyce of Bartel Engineering makes the aluminium tanks (fuel and oil) that just about everybody uses. He could not be more helpful and supplied me with a set of plans to make all the brackets that are needed for fuel tank, oil tank, footrests, seat, etc.  These plans were developed/drawn by Asa and Bernard Saunders and are pretty well "right"! They are only hand-drawn but contain all the detail a good fabricator needs. I had Terry Mead (Kent) do all my frame modifications and he did a super job for £600. Everything fits more or less as it should. All I had to do was get it painted and assemble it!
Phil - so where's the pictures?  ;D
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1951 Ducati 50cc Cucciolo
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline Phil

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2010, 12:19:51 pm »
Good to hear from you Simon! Coming!! I am waiting (since January!) for the titanium swing-arm spindle so can't get the rear end together permanently! Also waiting (since May!) for the super trick iron discs to arrive so can't get the front wheel in! Forks, yokes, callipers are dry assembled. Dash panel is great, Veglia rev-counter mated perfectly with original Smiths rubber mounting but Veglia is awaiting proper ND face. Engine is with Len Cooper and moving forward - very exciting as he is very enthusiastic and determined to make the best possible for me!!!! Have tried every rear brake pedal I can think of and yesterday rang Paul McGhie and he had one all along - I bought it together with a cable. So, I am making progress ... and will post some pics ...