Author Topic: Re Updated Front Fork Internals  (Read 1164 times)

Offline chris

Re Updated Front Fork Internals
« on: September 06, 2010, 03:10:01 am »
Can someone recommend what type of fork internals can be used to update the original forks to adjustable mainly for racing purposes

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: Re Updated Front Fork Internals
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 04:30:15 am »
You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear, Yoshimura used to say.

So you need to start with good parts, especially fork legs. New tubes can be purchased if need be but often the legs are scored and worn badly.

There are several good race suspension companies. Lindeman Engineering Race Suspension (www.le-suspension.com) is one. Jim Lindeman recommended not using emulators, but would improve stock parts.

I was lucky enough to get a set of near new F2 forks and went with Racetech springs & emulators. BUT talk to one of their tech people first, you'll get important set-up information not listed normally (like different weight emulator springs, proper oil viscosities/weights.

Several companies advertise straight weight springs if you go the emulator route....not many actually have them.

Offline simon#42

• Old Timer
  • liverpool
Re: Re Updated Front Fork Internals
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 10:46:41 am »
i used a set of cartridge internals from a vfr 750 on my road f2  , if you want to make a proper job of it use honda rs125 internals , they do work out quite a bit more expensive though .