Author Topic: honda dealer screw up? or my mistake?  (Read 5580 times)

Offline c(b)hris

• Enthusiast
Re: honda dealer screw up? or my mistake?
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 12:34:00 pm »

BTW, I agree with logan.

By being rough, I partly meant mentioning dealer by name, before giving them a chance to correct what happened.

What you do next is your choice, but keep it in mind next time you need help from a dealer and they shun riders of older bikes..

FWIW..I am trying to be kind here, and will point out that there has been dozens of similar stories on here, cept (a lot of) those posters are now happily doing a lot of their own work with a bit of help from the forum and its members..

Stick around.. bumps in the road..have a way of ironing themselves out...

You're preaching to the choir.  I do everything myself that I can.  If I could put the sticker on myself I would  ;)
I mentioned them by name, but I didn't say anything that wasn't true.  I'll be sure to post their response after I show them what they did.

Thanks again everyone for your help.
75 CB550
74 CB750

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 01:50:10 pm »
For my bike, car or truck, the Dealer is the last place I would take it.
Just sayin'.......
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 04:26:20 pm »

The cafe in that picture is from a project West Hills did for cafe racer magazine.  I think they mentioned benji's but that might be wrong. Having a tough time making this a link on my phone so you'll just have to copy it.
http://www.caferacermag.com/custombikeprojects.html

Thanks Chris.

This product hasn't been made public yet, but if you're interested in a top-quality tank like this one, made specifically for the CB750 chassis, guaranteed against delamination for five years, using a prized Eaton fuel cap and set up for a standard CB750 petcock, PM me. This mold was taken from a Bimota HB-1 tank I bought in Europe several years ago. I consider it the best made of its type in the world.

If you're interested, PM me and we'll build one for you. BTW, I also have a KILLER matching seat available.   Cool  RR

Thanks mate, i would love one of those tanks in aluminium....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I'll send you a pm later..

Mick

750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline dave500

• Really Old Timer ...
  • WHAT?no gravy?
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 11:30:45 pm »
if a bike shop cant remove and replace an ordinary wheel properly?how low tech are these compared to modern wheels and brake assemblies,im guessing they had an apprentice on it.is the rear sprocket cush drive inserted properly aswell?ide go back and point out the mistake,is that tyre still safe now?i had an inspection fail on my car because the guy said it had no pcv valve,i had to open the hood and show him on a common holden car here in australia!

Offline cameron

• Hot Shot
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 12:16:39 am »

PLus, I agree with 754. YOU should be the expert on your bike. It isn't like they took a class in 1975 motorcycles or anything :) Why would the know anything about our bikes?

...because they're the dealer, and they accepted the work.  That's why.  And the mistake he made wasn't exclusive to obscure motorcycles from 1975 or anything... It looks like he didn't put it back together the same way he took it apart.

I agree totally that he made a mistake.. but I think I am trying to say that you should start to EXPECT that from a dealer, you know? They deal current bikes, not old ones. Hell, I would even expect them to screw up a new bike :)
Thats why I am diligent in checking other peoples work.. .because it is MY ass on the line, not theirs!
1976 CB550F

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2010, 02:34:06 pm »
Were it my bike, I would not have a negative attitude towards anyone at the dealership.

You've got to be joking?!? If someone screwed up your bike, you wouldn't have a negative attitude?  Yeah, right!

If someone messed up my bike, I would be angry.

I think you are saying that just because you have been on the other side.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:04:08 pm by meriggi »
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline BeSeeingYou

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2010, 02:56:20 pm »
One thing not mentioned is that the Spitfires tires are wide for their size.  I have seen widths on a 100/90/19 tire vary from 3.9-4.2 inches depending on brand and type.  If your 550 hose bracket is like the one on my 750F1 there is very little clearance with even the stock 3.25 x19 tire.  

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2010, 06:58:25 pm »
 This did occur Friday or Thuursday before a weekend??
 long weekend by chance..?
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline c(b)hris

• Enthusiast
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2010, 07:02:54 pm »
This was a few weeks ago actually.  Normal weekend.
75 CB550
74 CB750

69modelj

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 07:29:41 pm »
Were it my bike, I would not have a negative attitude towards anyone at the dealership.

You've got to be joking?!? If someone screwed up your bike, you wouldn't have a negative attitude?  Yeah, right!

Post removed. Just offered  a little friendly advice. Won't hijack the thread into a pissing contest. 

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2010, 08:34:50 am »
I got a rear tire installed by a Honda dealer last Sept...

figured out later it was installed backwards.. did not bother me a lot, may not even have mentioned it on here..  handles OK, but does not stop well... oh well..

I should have checked it before "I" put it back on the bike..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline c(b)hris

• Enthusiast
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 12:40:28 pm »

[/quo

Post removed. Just offered  a little friendly advice. Won't hijack the thread into a pissing contest. 

I was once able to piss 13' straight up a wall after drinking a bottle of seafoam...no joke.
75 CB550
74 CB750