Author Topic: thin white smoke  (Read 565 times)

Offline Ayrity

• Hot Shot
thin white smoke
« on: September 30, 2010, 03:19:34 pm »
Heyhey, so I had some leaky bowl gaskets on my carbs, bought replacements, they are holding up nicely, no leaks at all! problem is, when I put gas in and started up, it took a second to catch, I assumed that was because I had disconnected the kinda long gas lines, and they had to vacuum up a bit of gas to get going, now starts from cold right away. Problem is, there is thin white smoke coming from the left side of my 4 into 2 (left and right) exhaust. it is running on all 4, and sounds strong (havnt ridden it yet) but I let it warm up all the way by revving, and still thin white smoke from the left side! any ideas guys? I had the tank sitting outside for a night empty, but if it was water in the gas wouldnt it be on both sides? The only way that could have happened is since I put the old gas back in first (it wasnt a lot at all) then got new gas and put it on top maybe the old gas had water or washed moisture into just the left side (the side with the kickstand, so the gas would have gone there first)

I plan on going for a 15 min ride or so to see if it clears up, but if it doesnt, what should I look for? Thanks guys, need any more info let me know!
1976 Honda CB550k