Author Topic: My First Bike  (Read 3280 times)

Offline cobra2411

• Enthusiast
Re: My First Bike
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 03:12:13 pm »
Adrenalin... Check! ;D

I was riding today on some really twisty roads and I was in this long tight right hand turn on a one way street and halfway thought I started hearing / feeling this deep grinding sound. It took me by surprise at first but I was dragging the peg... :D I was riding with a buddy on an R1 and when we came to a stop he asked if everything was ok with my bike because it was sparking. I nonchalantly looked at him and said "Just having fun dragging the pegs..."

The look on his face was priceless...  :o

Then I reminded him that my bike was his bike's grandfather and without it his bike might not exist...

Offline ferroussphinx

• hello and help me please lol
  • Enthusiast
  • 1974 honda cb 750
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 10:39:14 pm »
sweeeeeeeeet
honda cb750 1974

Offline Tom

• Enthusiast
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 02:54:03 am »
Enjoy your bike mate just dont trust old tires and tubes, i once had a bad experience with a low mile bike that had been sitting along time, and the old tires that had lotsa tread. but if they are cracked get new ones... enjoy
'59 T120.,'70 T120R Had one new.,'69 CB750 Oz Sandy Ruby Red.,'69 CB750 Oz Sandy Blue Green.,'70 CB750 K0 Candy Gold.,'71 CB750 K1 Valley Green I bought new.,'71 CB750 K1 Candy Garnet Brown.,'76 Rickman Honda CR750 R.C. Eng Cobra Powered. Two CB750 Choppers a Amen Saviour and a a Santee rigid arm Softail. A ‘72 Z1 Jaffa, and lotsa fun Honda Monkey bikes.

Offline dna_level_c7

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 06:48:16 pm »
Yea, my old man put new rubber on her not more that a year ago so I'm good there. The only issue I was having is the battery going dead on me soon as I got home the last few nights and the blinkers not working. (Saturday night the headlamp was BARELY on when I pulled in the garage!)

SO as I was getting more and more bummed I started pricing parts on eBay and noticed a picture of the rectifier! That same rectifier that I took out the bike when I was changing the flasher... Hey! I thought that was the flasher...  ???

Then it hit me!

That's why the battery wasn't charging and why I kept blowing fuses trying to install the flasher! DUH! I WAS SWAPPING THE RECTIFIER OUT FOR A REPLACEMENT FLASHER!!!  ::)

I then spent all day Monday flipping through the shop manual. Found the flasher, got the blinkers working and the battery back charging! So now I'm enjoying the last few days of decent weather. I put about 70 miles in today and I'm riding to work tomorrow now that my blinkers are working!

The only issue now is when I hit WOT in first gear I get a couple seconds of hesitation and then she takes off. If I take it easy on the throttle and only give her 1/2 - 3/4 throttle she accelerates beautifully. I only have the problem if I hit WOT on take off... I'll worry about that when I start to do some of the much needed work this winter.

Once again thanks for all the advice! This board is amazing!  ;D
1977 CB750K Stock