Author Topic: Pistons and capacity - now I'm really confused  (Read 6256 times)

a700guy

Re: Pistons and capacity - now I'm really confused
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 10:04:03 am »
1.5, 1.5, 2.5 is the stock 350 rings as mentioned,  I just went through this on my 836

Offline DannyBhoy

• Old and Slow
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 12:51:34 pm »
Hey Rupert, is that frame a Foale ?
Danny
The older I get the faster I was.

Offline RupertB

• Enthusiast
  • Roll on spring - the rain gets warmer then...
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 03:05:55 pm »
Yes - one of Tony Foale's 750/4 frames. Allegedly one of 40 made.
Author of 'Prisoners Property and Prostitutes' by Tom Ratcliffe. Most readily available from Amazon as a paperback and electronic Kindle edition.

Offline Haggis

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 02:32:19 pm »
Have you any pics of the rolling chassis you could post, thanks

Offline RupertB

• Enthusiast
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 03:23:14 pm »
Hi there - a naked pic attached. Please ignore the hideous home-made trellis which was bolted onto the frame when I got it. It was put on to supprt an almost equally tasteless piece of fibreglass bodywork which went out of fashion with stack heels and flared trousers, but was less tasteful.
The trellis has been removed, and will go in the bin next time I have a clearout!
Enjoy the pics and try to use your imagination to see it as a CR750-inspired cafe racer when finished.............all I need is a load of time and a stack of cash!
Author of 'Prisoners Property and Prostitutes' by Tom Ratcliffe. Most readily available from Amazon as a paperback and electronic Kindle edition.

Offline Haggis

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 03:29:30 pm »
Not a bad base to start with, did you get a fuel tank with it? I know what you mean about the seat unit, very 70s

Offline RupertB

• Enthusiast
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 03:34:56 pm »
I got a fuel tank - it has never been used and was, I think, designed by the same man who created Herman Munster's head. It is really quite horrible. I have attached a pic of the bike before I bought it, complete with horrible tail unit and Munster tank. My biggest question at the moment is whether or not to cut off the loops behind the footrest area, and if I did then how would I attach the (planned) CR750 style 4 into 4 exhaust. But I am running ahead of myself a bit here!

Offline Haggis

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 03:41:39 pm »
Dont know what foot rest set up you're using but mines are bolted to the front lower part of the triangle, with the rear master cylinder mounted on the top part of the righthand triangle, see pic

Offline RupertB

• Enthusiast
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 03:47:08 pm »
I have some really (REALLY) horrible rearset plates which are not going back on it - You can see the loops on the back of the seat-base to footrest frame tube, I reckon I may well not chop them off as they could be very useful for mounting bits on like exhausts, rearsets etc, though it is going to be a single seater and has a drum rear brake at the moment so hydraulic reservoirs don't feature. Also wonder about putting the battery under the seat hump (which as yet hasn't been made!) so the shocker can be shown off to better effect.

Offline Haggis

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 03:52:16 pm »
Just noticed the drum rear brake, you could use a cable instead of the rod to opperate it, just a thought. Rearsets the simpler and least amount of moving parts the better. Anything I might be able to help you with let me know, cheers

Offline RupertB

• Enthusiast
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2010, 03:57:07 pm »
Very much obliged to you - nothing is going to move till into the New Year, but will keep you posted.