Author Topic: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! NEW ENGINE COLORS AND PHOTOS!  (Read 113154 times)

Offline crazypj

• I'm brill, me
  • Old Timer
  • first 100,000 miles. 1977 CB550F
Re: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! NEW PHOTO!
« Reply #275 on: February 05, 2011, 07:05:01 pm »
I have not said over the internet what I have done internally.

Yes you did, over at DTT when I asked about reversing the head  instead of fitting carb to exhaust.
 You mentioned real early on about having a cam made so motor will run forwards
I fake being smart pretty good
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Offline Raef

• Expert
« Reply #276 on: February 05, 2011, 08:28:12 pm »
I believe he said he was and had reground a stock cam at that point I was interested as I have been considering some cam work and roller rockers. At this point ijust can't seemtolook away even though the answers are coy or lack substance

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #277 on: February 05, 2011, 08:33:32 pm »
Mabey its just a sham, another apartment bike. I dont believe it until i see it. Nobody regrinds there own cam that fast! FAKE i tell you......

Do you think he'll take the bait?

Offline Syscrush

• Expert
  • Sold. :(
« Reply #278 on: February 05, 2011, 09:03:28 pm »
Do you think he'll take the bait?
Reminds me of that scene from Tampopo where she steals the noodle-making secrets...
Life is precious: wear your f'n helmet!
There's nothing more expensive than a free bike...
FWIW, I'm not a shill for Race Tech - I've just got a thing for good suspension and the RTCE's are the most cost-effective mod for these old damping rod front ends.

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
  • The green flag sets me free
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #279 on: February 06, 2011, 06:37:21 am »
I have not said over the internet what I have done internally.

Yes you did, over at DTT when I asked about reversing the head  instead of fitting carb to exhaust.
 You mentioned real early on about having a cam made so motor will run forwards

Early on I did start to mention a little of what I had planned to do however I have never mentioned what I have done.

The statement I made that you quoted above was in reply to paulages who said I did not swap valves, I have not posted about the completion of the valve work or shown photos yet because it is not completed so he does not know what I have or have not done.

I have mentioned what I had planned, I have not however mentioned what I have done, and I will not until I post the video of her running...

not because it is fake...
not because it is a sham...
not because I am scared...
not because it will not work...

It is real and it will run, I have tried several times to ease into the internal discussion both here and at DTT and have been met with large resistance and lack of understanding of how it will work and it is too hard for me to try to explain in type without writing a book and ending up in a large debate about whether or not it will work which is not what I want to do...so I think it is better to show it works first and then show the internal photos so that we can all skip the debate and the it will never work part.

It really is a simple process, it is just very time consuming to do. I have already had the debates in other places and for some reason most people can not understand no matter how hard I try to explain, please do not ask me to debate this whole thing here...but I will if it is what you all really want.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:32:19 pm by joeyputt »
Joe - Owner/Operator of DWMS Racing World Class Engine & Motorcycle Building www.dwmsracing.com

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/joe.dwmsracing

Offline Tintop

• Old Timer
« Reply #280 on: February 06, 2011, 07:10:22 am »
Personally, I have no doubt that it is technically possible, and that a running engine can / will result.  However, not without extensive work, as has been pointed out by others.  Other than the 'cool factor' though, I can't see that the effort will result in producing much more than that.  From were I'm sitting, it's unlikely to even make the power of a stock engine; given the restrictions on changes the stock head casting will impose.

my .02
1977 CB550/4 Cafe - Speed Warrior / BOTM 03/11
1980 CB750F (project)
Whittaker GBF Vintage Racing Sidecar (XS750 power) - ITG / 151's / CMR Racing Products (SOLD)
1976 CB400 SS - stock / BOTM 04/11 (SOLD)
1973 CB750 K - basket case (SOLD)
77 CB550 Cafe build
550/750 Filter Thread
Sidecar Rebuild Thread

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #281 on: February 06, 2011, 07:18:20 am »
I have said from the very beginning that it is being done for the cool factor and not for power advantages, there is no way to tell what the power will be as it has never been done.
Joe - Owner/Operator of DWMS Racing World Class Engine & Motorcycle Building www.dwmsracing.com

Offline Raef

• Expert
« Reply #282 on: February 06, 2011, 07:20:06 am »
I often build things I can buy cheaper, I often build things just because I can, it also often yields as much resent as respect ;D

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #283 on: February 06, 2011, 07:23:16 am »
I often build things I can buy cheaper, I often build things just because I can, it also often yields as much resent as respect ;D

+1 Brother.

I will say that I believe I have had to earn respect in other places but it has been generously given from the beginning here on sohc4 which is one of my favorite things about being a member here!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 07:41:08 am by joeyputt »

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #284 on: February 06, 2011, 09:21:30 am »
Don't feel ganged up on Joey. If it's too complicated to explain then let some pictures do the talking.  Most of us eat with our hands and breathe through our mouths here, pictures are the only evidence we understand.   ;D

For one thing I have one of those so called benders, and it does anything but a nice job on most tubing.

However I am prepared to eat my words.  ;D

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #285 on: February 06, 2011, 09:50:35 am »
Here is my take on it;
 Anything almost is possible if you put your mind to it and can use tools.
 Once the cam is built up there are several ways of regrinding it, many have done it before.
 I dont blame him for not going into full detail, he may want something unique, and some just will not understand.. or he has another reason.. like rather work on the bike than explain his methods to technoTARDED individuals..

My basic thought is, it can easily run, but with some loss of power.. which could be overcome with another version..

Keep going on it Joey, its looking good..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline Syscrush

• Expert
  • Sold. :(
« Reply #286 on: February 06, 2011, 10:03:34 am »
I'm confident that Bro Joe has what he needs to make it work and that the end result will turn plenty of heads.  Also, he doesn't owe anybody an explanation or details on how he does it.

What we should be concentrating on isn't pestering for details, but daring him to build a turboshaft-powered bike next. ;)
Life is precious: wear your f'n helmet!
There's nothing more expensive than a free bike...
FWIW, I'm not a shill for Race Tech - I've just got a thing for good suspension and the RTCE's are the most cost-effective mod for these old damping rod front ends.

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #287 on: February 06, 2011, 10:11:21 am »
I tried my best, as have all the others to get details or pictures but it seems our brother has his mind set on what he is going to do and how he is going post it. I can respect that. I dont much like it, but i get. good luck, ill check back when there is a video.. :P

Offline FunJimmy

• Who you calling
  • Old Timer
  • Vancouver
« Reply #288 on: February 06, 2011, 10:36:42 am »
technoTARDED individuals..

technoTARDED! I love it!
Thanks for adding to my vocabulary.

Cheers
FJ

You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrist's office!

CB550 Cafe Interceptor a Gentlemans Roadster
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=27159.0

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #289 on: February 06, 2011, 10:47:11 am »
Hahahaha! Brothers I was definately not calling anyone technotarded or that you would not understand it is just that most people have not been able to understand when I tried to explain it in the beginning, there seems to be a lot of overtechnicalization and a vast variety of opinions already over simple things like the header design and intake designs, and the carburetors.

I really wanted to get the frame built so that I can get the measurements for all of the other parts I have to build for the bike but maybe I should go back to finishing up the engine so we can get this part out of the way but I really thought everyone was getting bored with the engine and wanted to see more of the bike.

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #290 on: February 06, 2011, 11:00:49 am »
Don't feel ganged up on Joey. If it's too complicated to explain then let some pictures do the talking.  Most of us eat with our hands and breathe through our mouths here, pictures are the only evidence we understand.   ;D

For one thing I have one of those so called benders, and it does anything but a nice job on most tubing.

If you look on the page before this one at the photos of the front of the frame that I built all of those bends were made using this bender and they are some of the nicest bends I have ever seen, actually they are as nice or nicer than most factory bends I have seen. I have heard from a lot of people that they could not work one of these benders but I am unsure why as it has worked beautifully for me.

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #291 on: February 06, 2011, 11:10:57 am »

If you look on the page before this one at the photos of the front of the frame that I built all of those bends were made using this bender and they are some of the nicest bends I have ever seen, actually they are as nice or nicer than most factory bends I have seen. I have heard from a lot of people that they could not work one of these benders but I am unsure why as it has worked beautifully for me.

Well that is great, I found it tough not to crease tube on anything more than a mild bend.

Good one Frank technoTARDED, new one on me too.... wait maybe I'm the technotard.

Offline Raef

• Expert
« Reply #292 on: February 06, 2011, 11:46:05 am »
180 out

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #293 on: February 06, 2011, 12:54:58 pm »
180 out

Brother it would not be right 180 out, I should not have said that I was just being silly so I deleted that post. Hahahaha!

When I first decided to do the reverse port I looked at several ideas like running the cam 180 out and flipping the cam etc. however neither would be correct, even flipping the head as so many think would be easier still requires a lot of work. The reverse port definately requires internal work, there is no easy flipping around of anything.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:05:57 pm by joeyputt »

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #294 on: February 06, 2011, 03:30:46 pm »
I tried my best, as have all the others to get details or pictures but it seems our brother has his mind set on what he is going to do and how he is going post it. I can respect that. I dont much like it, but i get. good luck, ill check back when there is a video.. :P

Brother I can not post the photos of the internal engine work as I do not have it all done, I just set the top end back on the engine so that I could get the measurements to build the frame as I need the frame itself done so that I can get the measurements and angles for other parts that I need to build.

I have been adding photos as I build each piece and am currently planning and working on several different parts of the bike all at the same time. Please understand that this is not a buy parts and bolt them on build, I am having to hand build a lot of parts with regular tools that most people have in the garage at home. I have three days of spare time just in the intake manifold for one side. I do also work to make a living for my family so not everyday all day is available to work on this build even if I wish I could!

There is no need for you to leave until I post a video and I am sorry that you feel this way. I hope you will stay, I enjoy having all of you here during this build.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:04:04 pm by joeyputt »

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #295 on: February 06, 2011, 03:37:25 pm »
 ;DI'm just teasing.   ;D  I will be watching.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #296 on: February 06, 2011, 03:39:19 pm »
Joey, i think the sticking tongue out emoticon says it all, we have an eclectic collection of humour on this site.... ;)

Mick 
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #297 on: February 06, 2011, 03:50:27 pm »
In all honesty I am kind of a private person and this is the first bike build I have shared with anyone over the internet but I am really enjoying my time here and could never thank you all enough for your support!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:01:02 pm by joeyputt »

Offline Spikeybike

• when planting C4 at your enemy's base make sure you don't use a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #298 on: February 06, 2011, 04:11:26 pm »
sure you could ..... you could spill the beans :P      ;D ;D ;D        

Offline FrankenFrankenstuff

• Master
    • FrankenBike Stuff Store
« Reply #299 on: February 06, 2011, 06:17:12 pm »
HEY! What gives? It says "new photo" in the title and I havent seen a pic on this page at all. Just a whole lotta words! ;D