Author Topic: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! NEW ENGINE COLORS AND PHOTOS!  (Read 113038 times)

Offline Tintop

• Old Timer
Re: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! PRO STREET HARDTAIL!
« Reply #450 on: March 08, 2011, 02:34:46 pm »
so just for my own piece of mind and general curiosity , i just checked my photobucket account

they allow you 10gb of of bandwidth per month ,(that includes all your pics AND the bandwidth required for others to view them) and it resets every month

my account has 935 photos 90% of them are high resolution , and 13 videos with 7 of those high resolution (720p and up) 

that currently is at 1.4gb (14% full)     ... so i don't think i will be needing a pro account for quite some time 

So you have 1.4gb of space used, but how many GB of bandwidth have you used?  It is listed under account settings - account stats.

I just checked and mine is now at 9.5GB out of the available 10GB, luckily it resets in 2 days.

It's the bandwidth useage that matters with Photobucket.  If you exceed the bandwidth they close down the photos, until it resets.  If your still over they will shut them down again.  Then they pester you to go Pro.  Easy way to not get stuck with Pro (annual fee), is to just open another account with a new email address.  My internet provider allows up to 5 email accounts, I'm on my 2nd (for Photobucket) now. ;) :)
1977 CB550/4 Cafe - Speed Warrior / BOTM 03/11
1980 CB750F (project)
Whittaker GBF Vintage Racing Sidecar (XS750 power) - ITG / 151's / CMR Racing Products (SOLD)
1976 CB400 SS - stock / BOTM 04/11 (SOLD)
1973 CB750 K - basket case (SOLD)
77 CB550 Cafe build
550/750 Filter Thread
Sidecar Rebuild Thread

Offline q2418130103p

• Hot Shot
« Reply #451 on: March 08, 2011, 02:35:49 pm »
so just for my own piece of mind and general curiosity , i just checked my photobucket account

they allow you 10gb of of bandwidth per month ,(that includes all your pics AND the bandwidth required for others to view them) and it resets every month

my account has 935 photos 90% of them are high resolution , and 13 videos with 7 of those high resolution (720p and up) 

that currently is at 1.4gb (14% full)     ... so i don't think i will be needing a pro account for quite some time 

So you have 1.4gb of space used, but how many GB of bandwidth have you used?  It is listed under account settings - account stats.

I just checked and mine is now at 9.5GB out of the available 10GB, luckily it resets in 2 days.

It's the bandwidth useage that matters with Photobucket.  If you exceed the bandwidth they close down the photos, until it resets.  If your still over they will shut them down again.  Then they pester you to go Pro.  Easy way to not get stuck with Pro (annual fee), is to just open another account with a new email address.  My internet provider allows up to 5 email accounts, I'm on my 2nd (for Photobucket) now. ;) :)

lol, nice
Check out my CB550 project thread:
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=83097

Offline Spikeybike

• when planting C4 at your enemy's base make sure you don't use a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #452 on: March 08, 2011, 02:41:30 pm »
that 1.4gb is the total bandwidth used... i didn't look at the time but it reset 9 days ago ... so i'd guess that it's not that much , but most of the threads with all the content aren't popular anymore, therefore not using as much bandwidth ..  and all the stuff i post in the Inspiration Gallery is hot linked....  so i guess it all depends
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:43:16 pm by Spikeybike »

Offline Raef

• Expert
« Reply #453 on: March 08, 2011, 04:01:43 pm »
You can use facebook to host your pics, I don't know what the specs are, but I have around 300 pics in my face book account but I also have a photobucket for personal and another for dads body shop.

Mark

Offline wannabridin

• Patience made me a
  • Master
  • -Garrett
    • 1976 CB750K, under construction:
« Reply #454 on: March 08, 2011, 04:12:30 pm »
you can use google's picasa too.  i paid to upgrade it as i have some pictures on there and was approaching the free limit.  i think i paid like $10 for 15 gb or something for a year??  good deal IMO!
1976 CB750K, currently under construction:
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=64468.0

-And if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do...

Offline Zaipai

• I am getting closer to being an
  • Old Timer
    • My Home page
« Reply #455 on: March 08, 2011, 04:22:25 pm »
Or you can host your own server ;) I have a 1/2tb limit and bandwidth is limitless. However my uplink is a bit restricted however for the most part its not that noticeable. ;) That said, I have a picasa, photobucket, flickr and Facebook accounts to place video's so I don't have to pay for a faster uplink package.

.: Scott :.
Its my Avatar..

75 CB550F  | 

Offline q2418130103p

• Hot Shot
« Reply #456 on: March 08, 2011, 06:22:49 pm »
You can use facebook to host your pics, I don't know what the specs are, but I have around 300 pics in my face book account but I also have a photobucket for personal and another for dads body shop.

Mark

I apologize to joeyputt for the hijack, I am sure the hijack will die out soon.

Facebook hosting is a good idea, seeing as a lot of us probably put our pictures there anyway, just gotta make the album public. I'll give that a shot.

Thats a good idea, I already have
Check out my CB550 project thread:
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=83097

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
  • The green flag sets me free
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #457 on: March 08, 2011, 07:37:26 pm »
Brothers it is cool and actually I learned something from this as I was not aware of the bandwidth usage, I just checked it and it said 5% used but I am not sure when it last reset.

I do have a photo gallery on my website as well that I could use more if I need to.
Joe - Owner/Operator of DWMS Racing World Class Engine & Motorcycle Building www.dwmsracing.com

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/joe.dwmsracing

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #458 on: March 10, 2011, 07:43:51 pm »
I designed and built this engine breather system.

Here are some of the parts I used and the bracket that I built.

Here is the can after I got the fittings in place and the can mounted to the bracket.

I also started building the right side header plate and welded two studs into the bottom of it.

I replaced the original fitting and added a second one to the engines top cover so that I could run dual stainless braided lines. Here is the breather system on the engine.
Joe - Owner/Operator of DWMS Racing World Class Engine & Motorcycle Building www.dwmsracing.com

Offline Zaipai

• Old Timer
    • My Home page
« Reply #459 on: March 10, 2011, 08:11:29 pm »
Looks fantastic man.. I don't know where you get these ideas, just glad you do..

Its my Avatar..

75 CB550F  | 

Offline FrankenFrankenstuff

• Master
    • FrankenBike Stuff Store
« Reply #460 on: March 11, 2011, 07:17:56 am »
All I am going to say is that imitation is the highest for of flattery, and that...you will be seeing something like this on my bike now. Thanks for the idea!! (sorry)

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #461 on: March 11, 2011, 07:48:53 am »
Thank you for the compliments Brothers! I am happy that you like it!   

Looks fantastic man.. I don't know where you get these ideas, just glad you do..

Brother Zaipai we developed this type of engine breather system for our dirt track racing engines and I thought it would look cool on the bike!

All I am going to say is that imitation is the highest for of flattery, and that...you will be seeing something like this on my bike now. Thanks for the idea!! (sorry)

That is awesome Brother Frankenstuff, build one and put it on your bike!

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #462 on: March 11, 2011, 08:21:18 am »
Build a few and sell them, it looks really good..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #463 on: March 11, 2011, 08:32:34 am »
Build a few and sell them, it looks really good..

Thank you for the compliment Brother 754, I am offering these to the public for sale but I have not advertised them here as I did not want everyone to think I was only here for business but seeing as you mentioned it I have universal aluminum and plastic tank models available, they come with five feet of braided line, clamps, and several choices of colors for the filter.

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #464 on: March 11, 2011, 10:54:32 am »
pm me with a price

Offline brettster26

• Enthusiast
« Reply #465 on: March 11, 2011, 11:24:29 am »
PM Me too with a price... Chrome filter.

Thanks

Offline Bankerdanny

• Eventually I will be old enough in reality to be
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Endeavor to persevere
« Reply #466 on: March 11, 2011, 12:48:59 pm »
brother Joey this thread is fantastic (although my employer might not share my enthusiasm given how much time I  just spent reading it).

Really fantastic work and even though I am banker and not an engineer, the tech aspects have been facinating too. I am looking for ward to following your progress on this bike.

Danny
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Current: '76 CB750F. Previous:  '75 CB550F, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 Scooter, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000, '77 CB550k, '68 Suzuki K10 80, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, '89 Yamaha FJ1200

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #467 on: March 11, 2011, 08:43:04 pm »
Brothers ffjmoore and brettster26 let me figure up how much I have in the parts so that I can give you discounted Brother pricing.

Brother Bankerdanny thank you for the compliment and for taking the time to read through this thread!

I built the right side header plate yesterday so today I built the left side plate, finished shaving the front of the header for the correct angle, welded both plates onto the header and bolted the header to the engine.

Here is a photo of the header with both plates welded on.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:46:19 pm by joeyputt »

Offline Gman

• Hot Shot
« Reply #468 on: March 12, 2011, 07:46:09 am »
Brother JP,
    I have truly enjoyed reading your build thread and am impressed with the level of expertise and craftsmanship.  With that said, I am equally, if not more, impressed with your character - you take the time to respond to all commentators; you patiently answer the same questions w/o snide comments, and you include everyone in your circle of enthusiasts by calling each and everyone "brother".  Good for you and many thanks for showing such class.  (And, of course, it goes without saying that I drool over your bike.)

Cheers,
Greg
'76 CB550K
Stock airbox, MotoGPWerks 4-1, HondaMan ignition, Lesters

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #469 on: March 12, 2011, 08:37:48 am »
Brother Gman thank you for the kind words, I do consider everyone here as a Friend and Brother or Sister, with all of the support and kindness everyone here has shown how could I not? I do thoroughly enjoy my time here and am very proud to be a member among everyone here and whether we all agree or disagree on different ideas and technologies in the end we all share the same love affair with these beautiful engines and motorcycles. Thank you for taking the time to read this thread and your comment shows that you my Brother are the class act.

Here are a few photos of the header and breather system bolted on the engine.

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #470 on: March 12, 2011, 08:54:34 am »
Man that looks cool. It looks like it will be difficult to find a good place for a seat but im sure you will find an amazing solution.

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #471 on: March 12, 2011, 11:43:49 am »
Man that looks cool. It looks like it will be difficult to find a good place for a seat but im sure you will find an amazing solution.

Thank you for your confidence Brother ffjmoore! I am building a pretty cool seat that will probably be one of the most artistic pieces of this build, my dad says that I had a vision for a seat and had to build a bike to put it on! The seat is going to be a cafe style single seat race tail with a aluminum heat shield on the bottom.

Offline Zaipai

• Old Timer
    • My Home page
« Reply #472 on: March 12, 2011, 03:47:19 pm »
Hey Joey,
 I have to say, the way this is shaping up its going to be in a lot of magazines both online and print.. Its sooo cool.

Its my Avatar..

75 CB550F  | 

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #473 on: March 12, 2011, 04:00:46 pm »
JOey, make sure you run a tail pipe brother or roasted nuts will be the order of the day.... ;D  J/k
Very nice work bud.... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline hondaface75

• Hot Shot
« Reply #474 on: March 12, 2011, 04:10:27 pm »
wow, this is going to be an amazing bike. Thats all I can think to say right now. Cant wait to see the completion.