Author Topic: Custom Connecting Rods (R&R connecting rods)  (Read 2718 times)

Offline MidnightLamp

• Wrenchy wrenchy wrench!
  • Enthusiast
Custom Connecting Rods (R&R connecting rods)
« on: December 12, 2010, 06:29:42 pm »
Hey guys,

So I've been on the prowl custom rods for my other 4-cylinder (car, turbo), and came across a company who offers pretty much custom rods at very good prices.
http://www.rrconnectingrods.com/

I know they're well known in the britbike areas for making rods for unusual bikes, but I was talking to their techie and apparently they make CB750 rods as well. They were sitting at around $500 for a custom set in aluminum, and not much more in steel.

FWIW, I have no affliation with them, but I figured I'd share it here in case anyone has heard of them or if anyone is interested!

Cheers!
'75 CB750 - Racer
'69 CB350 - Racer
'68 Enfield 350/440(flat top) - Steet
'54 Enfield 350 - Resto
'74 Commando 850 - Restomod
'67 Enfield 750 (TT7) - Resto

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Re: Custom Connecting Rods (R&R connecting rods)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 06:45:10 pm »
Thanks for the link mate.... ;)

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline voxonda

• Master
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:56:40 am »
They are looking good. Prefer the Yoshi's still. But these come close. Suppose they're even better, but hey........no Yoshi! ;)

Rob
Better sorry for failing then for the lack of trying.

Offline MidnightLamp

• Wrenchy wrenchy wrench!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 12:03:34 pm »
To be honest, I was looking at running aluminum connecting rods in my engine, and was eagerly looking at these. The enfield all have alloy rods stock, and the new ones are cast ( :o ??? :-\) except for the interceptor, so I'm running out of options.

For the CB though, I know the carillos exist, but at the price point they run at, it seems a tad much for an average joe build. At the same time, the cyclex rods and ape rods are a great option, but I imagine a beefy aluminum rod can be used to great effect on a street bike (such as the RC goldenrods, etc...). I know two race guys who're running the ebay MC supply rods and have sucess, so I figure something that has good replaceable ARP fasteners, and with a nice polish would have a much higher fatigue strength. The reduced weight would also be awesome for a stock crank. And yes, I'm all for starting the 'should I run alloy rods in my bike' debate!

On the other hand, 4340 H-beams/A-beams  with PB bushes at near that price point is also pretty sweet.
'75 CB750 - Racer
'69 CB350 - Racer
'68 Enfield 350/440(flat top) - Steet
'54 Enfield 350 - Resto
'74 Commando 850 - Restomod
'67 Enfield 750 (TT7) - Resto