Author Topic: Team Mid Atlantic - DEL, NJ, NY, and PA - We are Official Event at Rhinebeck!  (Read 64658 times)

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
You may not know that a a Rally is taking place. SOHCs will be taking a lap around North America. It will be historic. It is not a iron butt, all you have to take the Gnome or whatever from another rider, and hand it off to the next rider. If you can take Pics, they will be posted on a special website. You can ride as long or a short as you want. We have a gap here in the Mid Atlantic we have to fill. Massachusetts is probably covered.  PM Me

Be a part of history!!!!!!!

PS. It is a good way to meet chicks, I will tell you how to do it.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:04:11 pm by BobbyR »
Dedicated to Sgt. Howard Bruckner 1950 - 1969. KIA LONG KHANH.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline the technological J

• Master
  • deliciouso!
Re: Riders Needed from DEL, NJ, NY, Ct and PA
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 08:56:02 pm »
is there a website for this?
70 KO...sold to fund the ST http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=88800.0(Alpha)
74 Kaw 250 Enduro http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=124278.0
K4 added to collection! http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=104784.0
78 750K... http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=60257.0 (Omega)sold to fund the K4
94 ST1100..Gone
72 750 K2 Stay tuned!

Offline BeSeeingYou

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 09:16:58 pm »

PS. It is a good way to meet chicks, I will tell you how to do it.  ;D

Do we get to meet some of the chicks that you use for your avatar.  They must be friends of yours, right? ;D

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 11:48:05 pm »
is there a website for this?

Coming to your computer soon courtsey of benjamin550. As soon as he completes his school stuff it'll happen. Stay tuned.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 05:31:58 pm »
Bobby,

I can hook up at the beginning as it is pretty close to my house, is the route fixed or could we go a bit more scenic?  Larry

Offline Frankencake

• Yesssssss,
  • Master
  • "I like the old junk"
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 05:34:41 pm »
OK we have a couple of guys but we need more. Here is the rough map of the area we have to cover.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=US-40+E&daddr=US-7+S&geocode=FQhdXAId_pN8-w%3BFdBHdwIdxuCe-w&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=8&sll=40.555548,-74.284058&sspn=2.082518,4.938354&ie=UTF8&z=8
Oh so let me get this straight.  You are looking for volunteers to ride their bike through the crappiest part of the east coast?   ;D

Let me know if you need a New England courier.  I don't care what's inside the gnome.  No names, right?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 05:36:49 pm by In-dust-reel Rev-o-loo-shun Crabcake »
"Sure, if you don't want that bike in your backyard, I guess I'll take it."  "I'll probably just scrap it......"

Frankencake:  Brotherhood of the unemployed?  What's our secret handshake?

333:  Think "Shakeweight".

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 05:46:10 pm »
Bobby,

I can hook up at the beginning as it is pretty close to my house, is the route fixed or could we go a bit more scenic?  Larry

You can route it any way you want, All I did was make up a baseline point A to B route. I would pick more scenic routes personally. You can ride with whomever you want as far as I know as long as the "Gnome" is in an SOHC. This is not a race it is an event. Pick where you wanna go, we just need to set up hand off points.

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 05:50:11 pm »
OK we have a couple of guys but we need more. Here is the rough map of the area we have to cover.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=US-40+E&daddr=US-7+S&geocode=FQhdXAId_pN8-w%3BFdBHdwIdxuCe-w&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=8&sll=40.555548,-74.284058&sspn=2.082518,4.938354&ie=UTF8&z=8
Oh so let me get this straight.  You are looking for volunteers to ride their bike through the crappiest part of the east coast?   ;D

Let me know if you need a New England courier.  I don't care what's inside the gnome.  No names, right?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 I need a hand off in Ct to get the little guy into into New England. No I would not ride through Newark NJ and several other Towns I know. I do want to get to Newburgh NY so I can park my Honda and Gnome in front of OCC and take a pic.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Offline Frankencake

• Yesssssss,
  • Master
  • "I like the old junk"
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 05:52:50 pm »
When is this happening.  I could probably make a run.  What is the whole route and what needs to be covered up in this area.  CT is an easy ride.  When it's warm. 
"Sure, if you don't want that bike in your backyard, I guess I'll take it."  "I'll probably just scrap it......"

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 06:01:55 pm »
When is this happening.  I could probably make a run.  What is the whole route and what needs to be covered up in this area.  CT is an easy ride.  When it's warm. 

I think he would not get here before June-July, he has to come in from the West Coast.

Offline Frankencake

• Yesssssss,
  • Master
  • "I like the old junk"
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 06:42:27 pm »

I think he would not get here before June-July, he has to come in from the West Coast.
Pencil me in.  I'll have one or two registered then.  I'll make sure of it.

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 07:00:58 pm »

Cool, if you want to come down to Ct that is great. Andy CB750 is handling Mass on up.

Offline Frankencake

• Yesssssss,
  • Master
  • "I like the old junk"
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 07:05:34 pm »

Cool, if you want to come down to Ct that is great. Andy CB750 is handling Mass on up.
  Well, I might have to follow him.  He can't have all of the New England glory.  ;D

Offline medic09

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 07:40:53 am »
Coming in from the West Coast?  And how, pray tell, did you plan on getting him across NM without yours truly?   ???
Mordechai

'78 CB750K
'76 Triumph T160 Trident (rebuilding)
'07 aprilia Caponord

Santa Fe, NM

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 08:15:09 am »
Coming in from the West Coast?  And how, pray tell, did you plan on getting him across NM without yours truly?   ???
There is a ride coordinator for that area and I am sure he would be very glad to hear from you.

Offline MoMo

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride like you're invisible
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 08:26:04 am »
Bobby,

I plan on putting a post on CL to see if there are any non sohc4 riders that may want to tag along from down here up. Something like, 1969 Honda CB750 sandcast  riders wanted...Larry

Offline weekend_junkie

• I bet you think I'm some
  • Hot Shot
  • Member # 15859
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 09:05:07 am »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 I need a hand off in Ct to get the little guy into into New England. No I would not ride through Newark NJ and several other Towns I know. I do want to get to Newburgh NY so I can park my Honda and Gnome in front of OCC and take a pic.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

I can take a stretch in NNJ and even into/through Times Square if that means anything to the SOHC world; for the record, I'm not afraid of Newark NJ.
Dan
2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer / 1981 CB900F / 2002 VFR800 / 1973 CB350F / 1973 CB350F mistake / 1976 CB360T Cafe /1976 CB200 Cafe / 1989 GL1500 w/ sidecar / 1949 IMZ w/ sidecar

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 09:17:58 am »
Bobby,

I plan on putting a post on CL to see if there are any non sohc4 riders that may want to tag along from down here up. Something like, 1969 Honda CB750 sandcast  riders wanted...Larry
Larry that is a terrific idea. We should not be elistist when it comes to who we ride with.

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 09:20:29 am »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can take a stretch in NNJ and even into/through Times Square if that means anything to the SOHC world; for the record, I'm not afraid of Newark NJ.
Wow that is terrfic. We should talk more.

Offline Hasenkopf

• Really, I'm not an
  • Hot Shot
  • This space for hire.
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 10:01:50 am »

only in ny for what, 20 miles ?   at least loop up through newburg, monroe, or what-ever....   can't spell. :-[
I like berries.

Offline medic09

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 10:49:41 am »
There is a ride coordinator for that area and I am sure he would be very glad to hear from you.

Ay, but this is the first I've heard of this ride.  How does one find this mythic individual?
Mordechai

'78 CB750K
'76 Triumph T160 Trident (rebuilding)
'07 aprilia Caponord

Santa Fe, NM

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2010, 11:02:59 am »
Coming in from the West Coast?  And how, pray tell, did you plan on getting him across NM without yours truly?   ???

Well, no Coordinator for Team Southwest Region yet ( TX, OK, KS, NM ) but we sure could use one  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;) One of the last few unfilled vacancies that exist.

In anticipation that you guys will accept, I have tentatively added Weekend, GSX, and Medic to our list which is just a couple or 3 shy ot it's 100th rider.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 11:10:51 am by Jerry Rxman Griffin »
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline weekend_junkie

• I bet you think I'm some
  • Hot Shot
  • Member # 15859
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2010, 11:40:01 am »
Sure, I'm in, but it's Weekend_Junkie.  Underscore, capital "J".  I don't mean to be a prick, but I want get it right on the bronze plaque.  :P :P ;D

Also, is there a mother-page for this thing that I should be subscribed to?
Dan
2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer / 1981 CB900F / 2002 VFR800 / 1973 CB350F / 1973 CB350F mistake / 1976 CB360T Cafe /1976 CB200 Cafe / 1989 GL1500 w/ sidecar / 1949 IMZ w/ sidecar

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2010, 11:46:31 am »
Sure, I'm in, but it's Weekend_Junkie.  Underscore, capital "J".  I don't mean to be a prick, but I want get it right on the bronze plaque.  :P :P ;D

Also, is there a mother-page for this thing that I should be subscribed to?

Yeah go here and thanks http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=80858.0;topicseen