Author Topic: Team Southwest - OK, TX, NM - Riders check in here  (Read 74440 times)

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
Re: Team Southwest - OK, TX, NM - Riders check in here
« Reply #475 on: April 19, 2011, 05:18:13 pm »
Nik - If you don't hear back from those guys, consider joining us after your interview. I have a feeling they will be late getting to Austin and I may hook up w/them late afternoon at 2222/620.

PM me your cell ph # if you want text updates tomorrow.
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
« Reply #476 on: April 20, 2011, 04:35:46 am »
Leaving for Austin now! :)  See you guys later today. 

Still planning on meeting around noon at S. Congress and E. Milton. 

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
« Reply #477 on: April 20, 2011, 05:56:07 am »
Sorry for the late reply, I thought that I had replied yesterday, but the was a problem apparently, and then my phone died. 
I had a great reception here is Houston.  Gorilla met some strange and interesting folks. 

Anyways, we are meeting here at 10 am and will roll out after that. 
CB550 Cafe, GL1000, Buell Ulysses
if you dont trial spin the camshaft in the head and cover you are a novice,with no natural mechanical appitude,destined for destruction.
"The cleaner the dipstick, the closer to God." -Rev. Horton Heat
“Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.”  - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline nikbristow

« Reply #478 on: April 20, 2011, 06:18:55 am »
Does anyone know which way they'll be taking from Houston? I'm up and ready to ride but I don't know which road to meet 'em on.

My interview is at 4:00 today. By the time its over it'll probably be 5:30 so I doubt I'll be able to catch up with the pack.
1973 CB500

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
« Reply #479 on: April 20, 2011, 07:29:41 am »
I 10 to Columbus and then 71 into Austin. 
if you dont trial spin the camshaft in the head and cover you are a novice,with no natural mechanical appitude,destined for destruction.
“Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.”  - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #480 on: April 20, 2011, 08:42:06 am »
I believe Justin from Lubbock is going to the border of NM

ONLY IF WE GET INFO TO HIM! I'm not sure what he can/is planning on riding but I need to call him ASAP as he is out on the road in his big rig and needs the info. Just got his PM request this morning.

WHEN/WHERE WILL YOU GET GODZILLA TO JUSTIN CARTHEL?
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
« Reply #481 on: April 20, 2011, 11:11:09 am »
On the way to Austin, be there in an hour and a half.  late start due to tech issues.  I won't go into details, but #$%* dynabeads.

Offline climbingaz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #482 on: April 20, 2011, 11:13:49 am »
I believe Justin from Lubbock is going to the border of NM

ONLY IF WE GET INFO TO HIM! I'm not sure what he can/is planning on riding but I need to call him ASAP as he is out on the road in his big rig and needs the info. Just got his PM request this morning.

WHEN/WHERE WILL YOU GET GODZILLA TO JUSTIN CARTHEL?

Just got off the phone with Justin.  We're trying to plan the Arizona handoff, but can't really figure that out till he knows from who he's getting his pickup and when, where, etc.?

COME ON TX GUYS!!!!!  HELP JUSTIN OUT!!!!!  His number is (620) 952-0034...he can't get on the board much because of work, but will answer his phone!

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
« Reply #483 on: April 20, 2011, 11:35:49 am »
I'm down here in Austin now.  Had a great ride!  Took about 5 1/2 hours because didn't take I-35.  I'm just bummin' around until the other guys show up.  Hopefully when they get here we can figure out who's going to continue on to Big Spring. 

Offline DYSKORD

• Enthusiast
« Reply #484 on: April 20, 2011, 02:28:05 pm »
Trying to meet up with Austin peeps. Are there people in Austin at the moment. If not, where is the best place to meet?

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #485 on: April 20, 2011, 02:37:56 pm »
Trying to meet up with Austin peeps. Are there people in Austin at the moment. If not, where is the best place to meet?

You and Gordon are both online and both in Austin. If you don't connect let me know and I'll pass along a phone number
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline DYSKORD

• Enthusiast
« Reply #486 on: April 20, 2011, 02:53:15 pm »
Thanks Jerry - Just sent you a message.  Gordon's doesn't seem to be online anymore.  Let me know.

Offline the architect

• Hot Shot
« Reply #487 on: April 20, 2011, 03:19:31 pm »
We are hanging out near 2222 and 620 waiting to meet up with the Austin peeps. We'll be here a while before heading to the campsite.

Cheers!
Rider no. 83 on the 2013 SOHC/4 Honda World Tour
Rider no. 228 on the 2012 SOHC/4 Honda World Tour
Rider no. 70 on the 2011 SOHC/4 Honda World Tour

my '75 CB750 cafe build photo documentary:  looking for the Lone Stars is like playing Where's Waldo -- enjoy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34828040@N05/sets/72157615892537535/

CB350 twin, rigid meat grinder:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34828040@N05/sets/72157627005176764/

Blip Workshop
http://www.blipworkshop.com
http://www.facebook.com/blipworkshop

Offline jcarthel

• K2 Justin
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #488 on: April 20, 2011, 06:44:05 pm »
Back home at my casa and my 18 wheeler is parked; ready to rock rooooll with my k2 750!  Who can step up and ride to meet me?  I have to ride 400 miles one way to the NM handoff point from my house and then 400 miles back.  I need someone to come to Lubbock for the handoff or Littlefield where I live 40 miles NW of Lubbock.  I  really don't want to meet up at Big Spring because then my 800 mile ride turns into 1,100 miles!  Who can ride up to meet me at or near my home?  I can have a pickup to pull a trailer if this will help get some of you guys up here!  We could divide the pickup gas bill and trailer rental equally among all of us involved.  Shoot, with a trailer and a pickup, it would be a blast to even go into Arizona with a bunch of you sohc gearheads! I would really enjoy company for my ride!  I was so excited when I learned of the relay because I thought I would finally get to meet some sohc brothers and we could do some riding together and have a blast!  I have never even had the priviledge of riding alongside another sohc machine! Let's get this thing nailed down!  I really need to know a date, a place, and a time to meet someone for the handoff!               

Justin Carthel, Littlefield, TX

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
« Reply #489 on: April 20, 2011, 07:44:29 pm »
Dude, we had this planned to go Big Spring. There are two of us prepared to go there, but help, if we have to go up to lubbock, it would be shorter to just go to LC.   I was under the impression that you were going strait from Big Spring to LC, are you going back home first?  We plan on being in Big Spring late tomorrow. 

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #490 on: April 20, 2011, 09:11:11 pm »
You will be in Big Spring late tomorrow??! That leaves 2 full days to get to a hand-off point in NM. 
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #491 on: April 20, 2011, 09:34:37 pm »
How about a meet-up at Lamesa, before noon, on Friday? Trailers for non-Godzilla carrying bikes are strongly encouraged to extend range. You guys have until early Sunday to get to a hand-off in NM..
Hats off to all the hard-asses so far!!!!!!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline climbingaz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #492 on: April 20, 2011, 10:00:02 pm »
Just got off the phone with Justin and the two of us are going to shoot for a tentative plan of meeting in Las Cruces, NM on Sunday at around noon (give or take).

Now I've got some figuring to do about how I'm gonna get out to Las Cruces with bike(s) & trailer in time. 

Scott & David - I'll be shooting you an email shortly.

Nobody said this was gonna be easy, but we're gonna git-r-dun!  ;)

Offline the architect

• Hot Shot
« Reply #493 on: April 20, 2011, 10:30:45 pm »
CbGhia and motocyconomad are badass. That is all.
Rider no. 83 on the 2013 SOHC/4 Honda World Tour
Rider no. 228 on the 2012 SOHC/4 Honda World Tour
Rider no. 70 on the 2011 SOHC/4 Honda World Tour

my '75 CB750 cafe build photo documentary:  looking for the Lone Stars is like playing Where's Waldo -- enjoy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34828040@N05/sets/72157615892537535/

CB350 twin, rigid meat grinder:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34828040@N05/sets/72157627005176764/

Blip Workshop
http://www.blipworkshop.com
http://www.facebook.com/blipworkshop

Offline jcarthel

• K2 Justin
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #494 on: April 20, 2011, 10:34:20 pm »
Ghia, hi there!  Sorry! Confusion on my part about where I needed to handoff in New Mexico!  Now that I know the NM handoff is LC, Big Spring is the ideal place for the West Texas handoff.  The guys in Las Cruces will have a trailer with them that can hold up to 4 bikes if you have any thoughts about going further west.  I might take them up on that and put my CB in their trailer for a while and go on west of LC to meet more sohc brothers and their bikes.  Ghia, I would love to ride west to LC with you and your buddy after I meet you guys in Big Spring; it would be a blast!  Do you have any idea if you guys will feel like riding with me on west of Big Spring?  Ghia, please call me tommorrow on Thursday, asap, so I can make my plans to get to Big Spring and meet you guys.  I will be unable to get on the net due to my work on Thursday so give me a call or I won't know where and what time to meet you in Big Spring.  I need a heads up because it will take me almost 3 hours to get to Big Spring.  Looking forward to meeting you guys!  Scottly mentioned a possible handoff at  noon Friday at Lamesa, 45 miles northwest of Big Spring, which also puts Godzilla 45 miles closer to Las Cruces.  This would work for me much better than a Thursday night handoff in Big Spring.  My wife wanted me to take her on a date Thursday night :)  I will put the ball in your court.  Decide if you want a Thursday night handoff in Big Spring or a noon Friday handoff 45 miles on up the rode in Lamesa.  Call me!

Justin Carthel    620-952-0034
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:46:48 pm by jcarthel »

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #495 on: April 20, 2011, 10:50:36 pm »
Shawn, I'll do my best to join you for the trip to NM. I want to shake hands with Justin and Joe!!!!

Offline jcarthel

• K2 Justin
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #496 on: April 20, 2011, 10:58:21 pm »
Looking forward to meeting you Scott!

Justin

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
« Reply #497 on: April 21, 2011, 04:10:59 am »

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
« Reply #498 on: April 21, 2011, 05:35:09 am »

Offline Really?

• I've come to the conclusion that I AM a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #499 on: April 21, 2011, 05:56:11 am »
Is that CBGHia's bike on the far right?
I don't have a motorcycle, sold it ('85 Yamaha Venture Royale).  Haven't had a CB750 for over 40 years.

The Wife's Bike - 750K5
The Kid's Bike - 750K3