Author Topic: Team Southwest - OK, TX, NM - Riders check in here  (Read 74422 times)

Offline climbingaz

• Hot Shot
Re: Team Southwest - OK, TX, NM - Riders check in here
« Reply #500 on: April 21, 2011, 06:27:30 am »
I was able to reserve a Uhaul 5x9 utility trailer with ramp.  I'll be trailering my bike out to Las Cruces to meet Justin.  If all goes well, that trailer is going to be empty on the way back to Phoenix.  If anyone wants to throw their bike on the trailer and hitch a ride in the truck back into Phoenix, the more the merrier.  I figure the trailer will hold 2 bikes easily, but that's probably about it.

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #501 on: April 21, 2011, 07:55:47 am »
F.F.O. Whew, you guys scare me sometimes. Kick ASS!! Thanks for everything. Godzilla, looks like I'll still be seeing you on 5/2  ;)   
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline the architect

• Hot Shot
« Reply #502 on: April 21, 2011, 12:35:09 pm »
Ststus update:  CBghia and motocyconomad are en route to Big Spring. We parted ways in Marble Falls because of a failing head gasket on my bike. Those guys are beyond rockstars in my book. It was awesome to get to hang out with Aaron (goaarongo) and Gordon - top notch guys!

Take good care of Godzilla, NM
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:50:43 pm by the architect »
Rider no. 83 on the 2013 SOHC/4 Honda World Tour
Rider no. 228 on the 2012 SOHC/4 Honda World Tour
Rider no. 70 on the 2011 SOHC/4 Honda World Tour

my '75 CB750 cafe build photo documentary:  looking for the Lone Stars is like playing Where's Waldo -- enjoy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34828040@N05/sets/72157615892537535/

CB350 twin, rigid meat grinder:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34828040@N05/sets/72157627005176764/

Blip Workshop
http://www.blipworkshop.com
http://www.facebook.com/blipworkshop

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
« Reply #503 on: April 21, 2011, 01:31:41 pm »
Is that CBGHia's bike on the far right?
Yep,  that's mine.  I added the box to hold my veal while on the road... And yes, those are clubmans.

We are making good time. Just ate a bite in San Angelo and should be in Big Spring in another hour and a half or so. 
CB550 Cafe, GL1000, Buell Ulysses
if you dont trial spin the camshaft in the head and cover you are a novice,with no natural mechanical appitude,destined for destruction.
"The cleaner the dipstick, the closer to God." -Rev. Horton Heat
“Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.”  - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #504 on: April 21, 2011, 01:36:25 pm »
 ;D  ;)  :)  :D  8)

Jerry
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Really?

• I've come to the conclusion that I AM a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #505 on: April 21, 2011, 03:34:06 pm »
Is that CBGHia's bike on the far right?
Yep,  that's mine.  I added the box to hold my veal while on the road... And yes, those are clubmans.

We are making good time. Just ate a bite in San Angelo and should be in Big Spring in another hour and a half or so.

I thought you were going to put that box on your dad's bike.  I see it is not blue anymore.

I knew that edging on the box looked real familiar.
I don't have a motorcycle, sold it ('85 Yamaha Venture Royale).  Haven't had a CB750 for over 40 years.

The Wife's Bike - 750K5
The Kid's Bike - 750K3

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #506 on: April 21, 2011, 03:53:47 pm »

Had a great time with you guys last night, only regret is not being able to ride the Hill Country today!

Yes, that is Joe's sweet 550 on the right, then going left is the lone Kaw, then my 550F. And the others' 750's.

Great bunch of guys (and girl), we had some good laughs! Need more time next time.
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
« Reply #507 on: April 21, 2011, 06:35:21 pm »
Tipper,  I have to modify it to fit, I have what I need, but it got put in the attic instead of his bike.  I just remembered it the other day.  It was blue until about an hour before I left.    ;D

Well, we are camped here in big spring.  Waiting for the morning.
if you dont trial spin the camshaft in the head and cover you are a novice,with no natural mechanical appitude,destined for destruction.
“Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.”  - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
« Reply #508 on: April 21, 2011, 06:46:03 pm »
What's up! 

Made it back home a couple of hours ago.  It was a fantastic couple of days of riding, and it was great to meet you guys and ride with you.  Camping last night was a riot!  Thanks, Steve, for hooking us up with the campsite with the Hilton bathroom accommodations, and thanks to Tom for cracking me up all night! 

We definitely have to do this again sometime.

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #509 on: April 21, 2011, 07:27:19 pm »
Well done Texas!! I'm updating the schedule now.  Will you be in Lubbock tomorrow night or in Las Cruces?
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #510 on: April 21, 2011, 07:42:16 pm »
WE WANT MORE PICTURES!!!! Please include some of people!!!! ;) ;) ;)
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
« Reply #511 on: April 22, 2011, 05:53:53 am »
Pictures are coming, folks have to get them off of the cameras and on to a computer.  Waiting on Justin now.  Been one heck of a trip.

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
« Reply #512 on: April 22, 2011, 09:20:30 am »
Tom and I rode up to lamesa to meet Justin part way, but it seems he is running late due to carb issues.  I hope he can make it to LC.

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
« Reply #513 on: April 22, 2011, 10:57:34 am »
Tom and I rode up to lamesa to meet Justin part way, but it seems he is running late due to carb issues.  I hope he can make it to LC.

Uh-oh... :-\

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #514 on: April 22, 2011, 11:48:27 am »

Uh-oh... :-\

More Suspense!! Gota love it!!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
« Reply #515 on: April 22, 2011, 12:21:59 pm »
He met us around noon.  The bike seemed fine. He should be in LC tonight.

Offline climbingaz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #516 on: April 22, 2011, 12:59:59 pm »
He met us around noon.  The bike seemed fine. He should be in LC tonight.

Did he really say he was shooting for LC tonight???

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
« Reply #517 on: April 22, 2011, 04:30:52 pm »
Sure, its only 300 miles, he should be getting close.

I just got home.  1438 miles total since I left to go get G.  Over 1050 riding with Godzilla. 

Damn good times. I am very happy to have met you guys.  Tom is the man for riding out to Big Spring and keeping me company.  Reagan rocks for synching my carbs and rollin the meanest rat chopper. Chris gave me a spot to crash in Houston and helped organize the reception.  Steve hooked us up with a rockin campsite.  Anthony was on the money telling me about my side cover flapping in the wind, I lost it right after leaving lamesa.  Should have listened.  Lol.  Good meeting Aaron, Gordon and Cole.

Special thanks to my lovely wife, she let me go on this crazy ass ride!

Offline CBGhia

• Expert
« Reply #518 on: April 22, 2011, 04:45:44 pm »
If anyone wonders why we have so few forum members in west Texas, it because no one lives out there.  Check the horizon, I bet you can see 50 miles of nothing but cotton.

Tom, Justin and I in Lamesa.

Tom and I about to leave the campsite.

Offline climbingaz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #519 on: April 22, 2011, 05:07:02 pm »
DAAYUMMMM  Cbghia!  I'd say you are in the running for the Iron Butt award of the rally!  And to think I'm crying over 800 miles.  :P

Spoke to Justin a few hours ago...said he wished he had more time to chat with you guys, etc.  Said he'll give me a call later tonight about our handoff on Sunday.

I think it's now safe to say we have Texas in the books!  8)

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #520 on: April 22, 2011, 06:16:20 pm »
Hey Joe -

You are up for the Iron Ass award!

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=87760.new#new
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'71 Honda 750K project.....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #521 on: April 22, 2011, 06:41:47 pm »
DAAYUMMMM  Cbghia!  I'd say you are in the running for the Iron Butt award of the rally!  And to think I'm crying over 800 miles.  :P

Spoke to Justin a few hours ago...said he wished he had more time to chat with you guys, etc.  Said he'll give me a call later tonight about our handoff on Sunday.

I think it's now safe to say we have Texas in the books!  8)

AWESOME!! I've already updated the map.  Now for the schedule.  Where will Jason be tonight and Saturday night?  Where will the handoff be?  I'm also needing to back fill some actual Zilla Miles.  Like how many miles from Houston to the camp site?  Campsite to Big Spring?  Big Spring to where ever Jason sleeps tonight?

Well done one and all!! I kinda got hooked on all the suspense!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
« Reply #522 on: April 22, 2011, 07:03:40 pm »
AWESOME!! I've already updated the map.  Now for the schedule.  Where will Jason be tonight and Saturday night?  Where will the handoff be?  I'm also needing to back fill some actual Zilla Miles.  Like how many miles from Houston to the camp site?  Campsite to Big Spring?  Big Spring to where ever Jason sleeps tonight?

Houston to the campsite is 200 miles.  Campsite to Big Spring is 278 miles.

:)

Offline coke

• Hot Shot
    • Bob and Bob Bikes and Cars and Rides
« Reply #523 on: April 22, 2011, 07:10:32 pm »
Sure, its only 300 miles, he should be getting close.

I just got home.  1438 miles total since I left to go get G.  Over 1050 riding with Godzilla. 

Damn good times. I am very happy to have met you guys.  Tom is the man for riding out to Big Spring and keeping me company.  Reagan rocks for synching my carbs and rollin the meanest rat chopper. Chris gave me a spot to crash in Houston and helped organize the reception.  Steve hooked us up with a rockin campsite.  Anthony was on the money telling me about my side cover flapping in the wind, I lost it right after leaving lamesa.  Should have listened.  Lol.  Good meeting Aaron, Gordon and Cole.

Special thanks to my lovely wife, she let me go on this crazy ass ride!

Joe you made my ride look like a piece of cake.  you are the man.  I wish I could have taken off work and ridden with you the whole way.  We would have had a blast.  Maybe next year you can come on up to AR and I can cross TX.

glad you had success and arrived home safely.
1974 Honda CB350F
1976 Honda CB750F
1977 Honda CB750 F2 SuperSport
2009 H/D VRSCAW VRod
2011 H/D Road Glide Ultra
2007 Kawi 650r Ninja
1999 HD 883 Sportster (bought back from youngest son)
1999 Kawi 1500 Nomad (given to oldest son)

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #524 on: April 22, 2011, 07:17:51 pm »

Houston to the campsite is 200 miles.  Campsite to Big Spring is 278 miles.

:)

Thanks Gordon!  Please check the official record attached to the #1 post of this thread:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=86686.0  The BLUE numbers are guestimates, GREEN are actuals as reported by the riders.
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?