Author Topic: Carb help?? Cr's  (Read 1605 times)

Offline tweakin

• tear down
  • Master
Carb help?? Cr's
« on: December 22, 2010, 04:40:31 pm »
Ok I need some help.  I got my bike back together and went to turn the petcock on to take a test ride and no fuel....  I took the fuel line off the carbs and turned the petcock on and I get flow.  When i blow on the fuel line I can not blow air into the carbs, I have put a new fuel line on.  I think they are clogged but I walked away for the night and thought I should ask the experts.  They are new Cr's with under 300 miles on them.  What should I do to trouble shoot the clog, I really don't want to take the off the bike again.  My plan is to take the jets out and clean them tomorrow.  Any other tips?

Thanks!

Offline wookie

• Enthusiast
  • I would get up if i knew i fell
Re: Carb help?? Cr's
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 09:28:27 am »
That is really odd.  Are you saying that no fuel is getting to any of the bowls?  

Could you try compressed air backwards thru the bowls to the rail and out? 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:59:47 am by cbcafe »

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 01:36:12 pm »
if there is gas in the bowls then the float needles are closing and you cant blow air in

drain the bowls first then try,

jets have nothing to do with it (unless you call the needle seats jets....)

Offline tweakin

• tear down
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 02:37:08 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys, all is good.  I just went through the carbs and cleaned them up and it is fine now.  The axillary fuel tanks petcock was the problem.  The o ring in the petcock disintegrated and gummed up the carbs.