Author Topic: Polished switches  (Read 4767 times)

Offline apex_seeking

• Ron Swanson is a
  • Hot Shot
Re: Polished switches
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 08:27:01 pm »
I'd rather not tear into it and loose half the springs that jump out not expecting then to be there.

time to take off the pink panties and put on blue ones! ha

come on man, your gonna have to mess with it eventually, may as well do it now and then you know its been refurbished.

I actually polished it with it still on the bike. Thought it would be easier than it turned out to be. If I had it all to do over again, I would tear that thing apart with reckless abandon.
Anybody got any ideas about those faded looking red kill switch thumb-buttons? The casings look so nice polished, the old dirty buttons take away from all that work.

I painted mine (black...I know it's not model correct but I didn't have red) with model paint. It was so weathered that it took about 4 or 5 coats to finally hold a sheen. The contrast makes the mediocre polish job look not so mediocre.

Offline Really?

• I've come to the conclusion that I AM a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 07:32:58 am »
I have not tried but i wonder if peanut oil will clean some of that up.  It seems to work on the airbox for some folks.
I don't have a motorcycle, sold it ('85 Yamaha Venture Royale).  Haven't had a CB750 for over 40 years.

The Wife's Bike - 750K5
The Kid's Bike - 750K3

Offline apex_seeking

• Ron Swanson is a
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 07:16:12 pm »
OK, here are some shots. The levers still need a little TLC but I'm sorta sanded out and I just got the new allens for the MC and they look a lot better than the hex heads that were there before.

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 08:14:59 pm »
Looks great!
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........