Author Topic: I think there needs to be a poster to get the word out... any thoughts?  (Read 8652 times)

Offline axehole54

• Who the heck decided to call me a
  • Hot Shot
  • #169 North
I'm not the worlds best graphic designer, but I was thinking that a poster that could be put up in bike shops and anywhere else that would let us promoting the ride might not be a bad idea.  I was thinking something that could be laser printed... (maybe  color printed even) by members throughout North America just to get the word out there.  I'm sure it would be better to wait until we have an official logo of course...
73 750k, 78 750k, 69 c10, 87 r1500 (c10), 94 fzr1000

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
Re: I think there needs to be a poster to get the word out... any thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 09:51:25 pm »
I think the greatest world-wide exposure we can possibly get is on these forums. If you see a post from someone in your area, or any area where you think riders are needed, throw in a high-jack post, telling them about the relay, with a link here.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline axehole54

• Hot Shot
  • #169 North
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 09:58:22 pm »
I completely agree but there are those who are not internet savvy or have never heard of the forum. I've been down to the salvage yard in Regina, Sask and have seen freshly picked cb parts laying about also a mopar show near my tiny burg and there were 2 redone cb's that I couldn't track down the owners of so yeah...

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:16:34 pm »
I agree. Now that you mention it, there are many car events that happen within 20 miles of me that I never hear about. I usually find out after seeing hot rods motoring down the highway past my small town. I never would have heard of the annual VW bus event at Jerome, if not for a friend who was one of the officers of the hosting club at the time. He convinced me that I HAD to take my MoPar V-8 powered bus, regardless of how it looked. I did the "Jerome Jamboree" event several years, and always had a good time.
Any way you can get folks interested in our relay is a good idea!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline axehole54

• Hot Shot
  • #169 North
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 10:24:47 pm »
I agree. Now that you mention it, there are many car events that happen within 20 miles of me that I never hear about. I usually find out after seeing hot rods motoring down the highway past my small town. I never would have heard of the annual VW bus event at Jerome, if not for a friend who was one of the officers of the hosting club at the time. He convinced me that I HAD to take my MoPar V-8 powered bus, regardless of how it looked. I did the "Jerome Jamboree" event several years, and always had a good time.

360? or wheelie machine? ;D

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 10:32:17 pm »
Axehole just got himself appointed posterman  ;D That's a good idea. Maybe someone can do a design with the logo as soon as voting for our mascot "IT" is concluded. Post up the file then any member can download it, print it out and post it at their favorite location! I just love this place  :D What a great bunch of guys and ladies! 
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Lights Out

• Motovated
    • DMS Audio Post Production
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 11:49:56 am »
There's 4038 people online right now at ADVrider.  I think we should solicit over there, anyone a member? There's bound to be a few soch'ers.  Maybe in the Old's Cool section.
1976 CB750K

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 12:12:17 pm »
Yes.......post on other boards!...............Could we get a poster design on this page that could be downloaded and printed by members for posting at thier local hangouts?  All it has to say is the T-Shirt logo and something like.....riding near you.....get involved.....look for the rider schedule on www.soch4.net...........Open to all Honda sohc/4 bikes.
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 01:51:04 pm »
+1 Old Scrambler
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 07:23:38 pm »

360? or wheelie machine? ;D

Neither: 413 wedge midships, mounted low. Lots of fun! ;)

Could we get a poster design on this page that could be downloaded and printed by members for posting at thier local hangouts?  All it has to say is the T-Shirt logo and something like.....riding near you.....get involved.....look for the rider schedule on www.soch4.net...........Open to all Honda sohc/4 bikes.

Excellent idea! We can print flyers and place them in our local bike shops and hangouts. Maybe a short explanation of what sohc/4 is, where to find us on the web, what the relay is about, and a place for dates "coming through this area" left blank, that we can fill in by hand.

Offline axehole54

• Hot Shot
  • #169 North
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 08:37:40 pm »
Going to start working on something this weekend I think I have a family friend that happens to be a VERY good artist I may see what it would take to make a special graphic for it incorporating "IT" and maybe some kind of cartooned action scene he does most of the car show posters in my area in a very Big Daddy Ed Roth kind of style... really pops Examples below EDIT: OR AM I'M OVERTHINKING THIS?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:17:40 pm by axehole54 »

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 09:31:30 pm »
Great idea there rider #169. Not overthinking at all. Icing on the cake.

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 10:10:15 pm »
Hey Travis, my printer drinks ink!! To print enough flyers in color would break the bank!

Offline axehole54

• Hot Shot
  • #169 North
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 11:17:05 pm »
Hey Travis, my printer drinks ink!! To print enough flyers in color would break the bank!
i was just thinking about that. talked to my guy earlier he said greyscale's not a problem and could do something for around 150 in an 11x17 if its cartoonish was kind of hoping for cheaper but the guy is a professional... 150'd get me rebuild kits for the k3 so i dunno:/ . as an alternative i can probably make a decent looking greyscale with borrowed images if its alright with the respective creators

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 12:29:41 pm »
If a link is posted to the poster then we all can download it and print however many we need (unless you're going to distribute a #$%*load). Do you think that might work? Or that link could be used at the print shop.

Offline axehole54

• Hot Shot
  • #169 North
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 01:12:23 pm »
yes an downloadable image or document was what i was leaning towards

Offline Tugboat

• Puppet
  • Master
  • '75 CB750K + '67 CL90 + '71 CT90
    • PseudoMoto
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 01:43:01 pm »
yes an downloadable image or document was what i was leaning towards

+1
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing twice.

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 08:51:30 pm »
It doesn't have to be fancy, maybe a smallish logo at the top, in color, with a large font banner announcing the Relay. The rest of the text can be smaller, but should still be large enough that the older riders can read it. ;) Keep ink conservation in mind.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 08:24:36 am »
The idea is everywhere, but where is the poster? I'll be out and about on my bike this weekend. It's supposed to be nice (mid 60's) around me!  ;D I'm going to the local Honda shop after work so it'd be nice if someone could come up with something before 4:30pm CT so I can use my printer at work.  ;D I don't have one at home.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 09:22:04 am »
I'm not at all a graphics guy, but I wanted something to take to the Honda shop today. I took the logo from the thread about shirts and patches. This is what I came up with. Let me know if you think I should change the wording. (I'm not the greatest at this stuff)

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 11:02:54 am »
That looks great. Would be be able to do anything ot it when we download? kinda customize it for our area. Such as "coming to a road near you" or include approximate dates or well really anything. (see my age. I'm not well versed in computerese. :D)

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 11:48:03 am »
I just made it in powerpoint and then saved it as a jpeg. (I can help you with that if need be) I just tried to attach the powerpoint but it wouldn't let me. I can try to email it to you, or I can post how to do it in powerpoint.

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 12:08:47 pm »
I propose a large blank at the bottom with 'RIDING THROUGH THIS AREA' or 'COMING TO A ROAD NEAR YOU' on __________________ LOOK FOR DETAILS at www.sohc4.net....................

If we have expenses for the log book, the banner, and poster artwork...........I think we could cover it with a $1 donation by every rider (now at 199) that signs the log. The money could be carried in the log book and collected by each corrordinator or designated border-crossing rider, and sent to Jerry for a final accounting. If we are short, the investors would be equally short-changed...........if we have a surplus, we could give it to a charity or send it to Glenn for the web-site.
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline axehole54

• Hot Shot
  • #169 North
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 01:32:57 pm »
I propose a large blank at the bottom with 'RIDING THROUGH THIS AREA' or 'COMING TO A ROAD NEAR YOU' on __________________ LOOK FOR DETAILS at www.sohc4.net....................

If we have expenses for the log book, the banner, and poster artwork...........I think we could cover it with a $1 donation by every rider (now at 199) that signs the log. The money could be carried in the log book and collected by each corrordinator or designated border-crossing rider, and sent to Jerry for a final accounting. If we are short, the investors would be equally short-changed...........if we have a surplus, we could give it to a charity or send it to Glenn for the web-site.
The dollar might be a bit of an issue for us Canadians eh? ;)

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 03:06:47 pm »

The dollar might be a bit of an issue for us Canadians eh? ;)

If so you guys just send along one of your REAL beers  ;D