Author Topic: Cylinder sleeve 0-rings on 890cc motor  (Read 10471 times)

Offline scondon

• No way my run was THAT slow, must be an
  • Old Timer
  • Mmmm......tasty bugs
Re: Cylinder sleeve 0-rings on 890cc motor
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2011, 05:14:08 pm »
Wooohooooooo  ;D  Glad YOUR'S does anyway  ;)

Well.....at least it was a glorious ride around the block, Jerry. Cam tower/rockers for 1&2 is bone dry, and the motor's coming back out. I do believe that this engine is feeling sympathetic pains, and does not want to get on the road unless you do too.....

.......so get crackin'!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Oooher, that's not good Sean, did it do any damage? I destroyed the top end on my first K1 in 1981 when a bead of silicon sealant (no, I didn't use the schidt, a "professional" mechanic at a bike shop did) blocked off both oil jets in the head, wrecked the cam, cam towers, and all of the rockers. I hope yours is ok!  ;D

I'm sure I fried something up top, Terry. 5 minutes of run time before I realized there was a problem. We'll see just HOW good that Red Line assembly lube really is ;)

The silver lining in my big #$%* cloud is that the top end of the blown engine I yanked out of the bike is still in great shape, and there's a 125-65 cam in it in case the Yosh got damaged.

The Wiseco pistons in the yanked motor failed spectacularly. The outer edge of the piston top that defines the intake valve relief broke away on #1 AND #2 piston. #1 piston melted away through all three rings, and a cloud of smoke ensued. #2 piston must have blown the shrapnel out the exhaust, and kept on running as if nothing at all had happened, even though the top ring is now exposed. Cool 8)

I'll get some pics posted soon since I know everyone likes those kinds of pics  ;D

I wouldn't wish that top end damage on anyone. But if its got to happen, I like it when only one side gets plugged up and you twist the cam in half.  Now you've got a real souvenir.

Sometimes going through the carnage can be as much fun as a job well done. Well....except for the blown money and lost time part ;)
Give me..a frame to build a bike on, and my imagination will build upon that frame

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2011, 08:14:03 pm »
I am thinking, can you not see if its getting oil by pulling a few valve caps. ???.  I know on certain v-twins we used to pull a rocker plug and if it did not get oil within 15 seconds there was a problem..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline scondon

• Old Timer
  • Mmmm......tasty bugs
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2011, 10:53:55 pm »
I am thinking, can you not see if its getting oil by pulling a few valve caps. ???.  I know on certain v-twins we used to pull a rocker plug and if it did not get oil within 15 seconds there was a problem..

For whatever reason I waited 5 minutes to do this simple check. This is how I discovered the problem. It's a check I do every time with a new engine, just failed to do it in a timely manner  :-[
Give me..a frame to build a bike on, and my imagination will build upon that frame

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2011, 04:03:30 am »
Ha ha, don't beat yourself up Sean, if it wasn't for our "experiences", we couldn't provide other members such accurate advice! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline scondon

• Old Timer
  • Mmmm......tasty bugs
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2011, 04:57:55 pm »
Red Line assembly lube is the #$%*ing #$%*!!!!! No wear, no damage. One plugged oil restrictor jet replaced under the cam tower, and oil galley and passageways blown clear for good measure. Cam tower checked and it's not blocked, so everything back together and in the frame. Going to call it quits for the day, and try running it tomorrow.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2011, 05:11:30 pm »
The Redline Ass Lube is better than mother's milk.  ;)  ;D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2011, 03:46:01 am »

You lube your arse with mothers milk Mick? You're one sick baastard......................  :o
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2011, 04:49:44 am »

You lube your arse with mothers milk Mick? You're one sick baastard......................  :o
I heard that it was good for coughs, colds and sore holes.  :D
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2011, 04:52:28 am »
This seems to be one thread with way too much information...... ;D I'm starting to worry about you Mick..... :P
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline mick7504

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2011, 05:32:56 am »
This seems to be one thread with way too much information...... ;D I'm starting to worry about you Mick..... :P
No need to worry about me mate.
They'd have to catch me first.  ;)
If I was you
I'd be worried about me.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2011, 03:37:02 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.