Author Topic: HAVE YOU ORDERED YOUR 2011 SOHC4 RELAY RALLY CLOTHING YET ?!?!  (Read 9397 times)

Offline gregimotis

• poet laureate; SOHC4.
  • Expert
Re: HAVE YOU ORDERED YOUR 2011 SOHC4 RELAY RALLY CLOTHING YET ?!?!
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 09:15:02 pm »
still not to my liking, do you get it?

I cannot believe I am going to have to cart a stupid Godzilla toy around.  I can't believe folks argued against the piston because it 'had been done before' and then sponsored a gnome Godzilla toy.  Nonetheless, the mob is speaking over on the poll thread, and we are going to have to smile and take it. :'(
"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 09:31:23 pm »
If you were familiar with the Gnome story it would make sense. The whole idea was to photograph the "toy" in different places on tour in the same vein as the gnome, in that sense a piston would not work, plus Godzilla is instantly recognisable as Japanese and that was the whole point. The bikes already have pistons and a piston doesn't represent either the bike or a Mascot, Godzilla does.... ;D

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline gregimotis

• poet laureate; SOHC4.
  • Expert
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 09:40:54 pm »
Here is my argument from another thread reposted in all it's e-awesomeness:

"What about a SOHCamshaft?

Anyhow, mechanical bits are better than Godzirra's because they represent something about this forum/club.  We are secondarily a motorcycle club and mainly a motorcycle wrenchers club.  Other forums yammer on about which trailer best tows their bike to Sturgis behind an orange and black Ford f-150; we argue about fuel line routing.  We want to know how to hop up and supercharge and overbore and shave weight until our bikes are almost as fast as 250Ninja's.  We want to know "why the damn thing won't start AGAIN G**D***IT! I'm so sick of this s**t!"

Gnomes are so overdone they have become their own parody and Godzirra is nothing but another gnome.  Even a tank magnet Godzirra isn't very unique.  A piston could go to a motorcycle museum or a show and folks there could imagine the story and wish they were the type of man who breaks rings swaps out pistons; But a plastic Godzirra?  People would think 'Uh...well..... Hey look - is that a Vincent over there?'

Finally, the paper etching gives everyone something that can't be bought.  People would see it on my wall and have to ask about it and not dismiss it as just some ride patch.

I don't even think it should be gold plated.  I think it should be oily and crusted with three decades of burned oil and pure badassery.  That's what I think."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:45:58 pm by gregimotis »
"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 09:44:31 pm »
I know a guy that dabbles with silk-screen. Any problems using the artwork to have my own shirts made? (He owes me a favor; I timed his Ford today ;))
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 09:46:37 pm »
We want to know how to hop up and supercharge and overbore and shave weight until our bikes are almost as fast as 250Ninja's.

If my bike is not faster than the "can't pull the skin off custard" Ninja 250 then i'll just cry...... ;)
I had one as a shop bike when my 750 ninja was being repaired, i rode it 750 Kilometre's in one sitting and it was laboriously slow and badly effected by crosswinds, real scary when over taking trucks... .... ;)

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline Anti-Johnny

• 75 cb750k
  • Hot Shot
  • Poser
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 10:22:58 pm »
Here is my argument from another thread reposted in all it's e-awesomeness:

"What about a SOHCamshaft?

Anyhow, mechanical bits are better than Godzirra's because they represent something about this forum/club.  We are secondarily a motorcycle club and mainly a motorcycle wrenchers club.  Other forums yammer on about which trailer best tows their bike to Sturgis behind an orange and black Ford f-150; we argue about fuel line routing.  We want to know how to hop up and supercharge and overbore and shave weight until our bikes are almost as fast as 250Ninja's.  We want to know "why the damn thing won't start AGAIN G**D***IT! I'm so sick of this s**t!"

Gnomes are so overdone they have become their own parody and Godzirra is nothing but another gnome.  Even a tank magnet Godzirra isn't very unique.  A piston could go to a motorcycle museum or a show and folks there could imagine the story and wish they were the type of man who breaks rings swaps out pistons; But a plastic Godzirra?  People would think 'Uh...well..... Hey look - is that a Vincent over there?'

Finally, the paper etching gives everyone something that can't be bought.  People would see it on my wall and have to ask about it and not dismiss it as just some ride patch.

I don't even think it should be gold plated.  I think it should be oily and crusted with three decades of burned oil and pure badassery.  That's what I think."

Thats all true and makes sense. But we are also a forum that likes to have a laugh.

I think the logo and zilla toy separate us from the pack by showing that you can be a fun guy and wrench on a bike. I think that most people have two ideas about bike riders

1.Sportbike riding asses that scare the #$%* out of them on the freeway
2.HD riding asses that annoy the #$%* out of them on the freeway

so I think this is a good idea, shows that were a bunch of fun loving dudes. just my 2.
www.southaustinmotorcycles.com
 Come by and wrench and have a cold one while enjoying the wide array of rides and riders in Austin!

music

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 10:30:32 pm »
Thats all true and makes sense. But we are also a forum that likes to have a laugh.

Glad you added that mate..... ;)

Mick
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 10:50:55 pm »

Glad you added that mate..... ;)

Mick
1+ ;D
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 11:22:21 pm »
Hey Scottly,

We don't have any trademarks, copy rights etc but why not throw that by Lights Out. It's his creation that they did for the site pro bono.

This is the second time in the last 24 hours that someone has come up with another way to produce these. Just wish we'd had these suggestions before a decision needed to be made. But then we'd had more protracted debate and another vote, nah that wouldn't work at this stage. Just glad we're getting options that we may be able to use next year. Keep these in mind boys for next year too. We'll get started about 3 months earlier. If we were to use someone else they'd need to make the product, fill the orders and ship each one themselves. That is unless someone volunteers to lay out a chunk of change for a bunch of shirts that may not sell in the quantities bought, colors bought, sizes bought, styles bought, etc and hope they don't end up with a bunch left over after they deal with all the monetary transactions and shipping. Logistics suk! Bottom line, this is ground zero and it will only get better with the talent we have ;D
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Freaky1

• Hot Shot
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 02:51:13 am »
I'll be picking one up soon, I think I'll be going with just a simple t-shirt, it's what I wear 95% of the time anyway.
That which does not kill you leaves cool scabs which turn into awesome scars.

'77 CB750F Come on...were almost there!

Offline Lights Out

• Motovated
    • DMS Audio Post Production
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 09:15:55 am »
I know a guy that dabbles with silk-screen. Any problems using the artwork to have my own shirts made? (He owes me a favor; I timed his Ford today ;))

Go for it!

the mob is speaking over on the poll thread

Ah, democracy...  or is it tyranny by majority?
1976 CB750K

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2011, 09:41:14 am »
Yeah, I didn't realize how upset people are getting. I guess all these old guys are just used to getting there way now.  ;)

Offline Lights Out

• Motovated
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2011, 12:09:05 am »
;)
1976 CB750K

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2011, 11:08:49 am »
 ;D

Guys, I'm bummed. That nice weather all you eastern half boys are getting has delayed UPS and my shirts! May not arrive until Friday now. If so I'll post up late Sat when I get back in town. Maybe one of you others can post up prior to me.

My patches email request has not been in responded to in the promised time frame?! Not sure how that's going to work?!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:12:46 am by Jerry Rxman Griffin »
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Bluto

• Hot Shot
    • company website
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2011, 10:21:13 am »
Got my Hoodie today.....Looks great and a very simple web purchase.

Good job!!
76 550K bought brand new...mothballed for 30 years... and still running great
81 XR 80
82 XR 200

Offline Anti-Johnny

• 75 cb750k
  • Hot Shot
  • Poser
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 12:00:19 pm »
lets get some pics guys.
www.southaustinmotorcycles.com
 Come by and wrench and have a cold one while enjoying the wide array of rides and riders in Austin!

music

Offline flybox1

• My wife thinks I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 12:22:07 pm »
should have mine in a day or 2 :)
'78 750K (F3 engine) PD42b's, Modified airbox w/K&N  filter, 40/110 jets, 1 needle shim, IMS@ 1 turn out. Kerker + Cone 18" QuietCore

Past Bikes
1974 550K0 (stock), 1973 CB350F (stock), 1983 Yamaha XS400K (POS)
77/78 cool 2 member #3
"Knowledge without mileage equals bullsh!t" - Henry Rollins

"This is my CB. There are many like it, but this one is mine…"

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2011, 08:59:15 pm »
Checked with my silk-screen guy today; he can print shirt's in up to 4 colors (screens) for $1.00 per color, per shirt. The expense is the set-up: he would have to charge $28 per screen, so to print 1, 4-color shirt would cost $116! :o

He told me of a local shop that uses an ink-jet type printing process, and thought I might be able to get a shirt printed for maybe $15... 

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 09:22:38 pm »
Scottly,

Thanks for looking into this and providing the information!

Jerry

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2011, 05:47:47 pm »
I received my 2 shirts Friday. Look GREAT..... except the dark blue shirt washes out the black print. DO NOT get dark colors. My charcoal shirt is great! Guildan Ultra Cotton shirts. Nice quality.

Offline wardenerd

• Expert
  • '77 550F '81 650C
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2011, 07:31:47 am »
got my shirt and I likee likee. Would like a patch to put on my other tees.  Any chance of a patch?

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2011, 05:16:57 am »
I just got my shirt yesterday! It's a real nice quality. Here's a pic of how it fits me. I'm 6' about 200lb and I got a large.

Sorry, it's not the greatest pic.

Offline wardenerd

• Expert
  • '77 550F '81 650C
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2011, 05:22:59 am »
same design with long black sleeves. very satisfied

Offline Lights Out

• Motovated
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2011, 01:36:06 pm »
I just got my shirt yesterday! It's a real nice quality. Here's a pic of how it fits me. I'm 6' about 200lb and I got a large.
Lookin' good dude!
1976 CB750K

Offline flybox1

• My wife thinks I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2011, 07:28:27 am »
got mine yesterday.  :)
long sleeve tee.  great quality!
'78 750K (F3 engine) PD42b's, Modified airbox w/K&N  filter, 40/110 jets, 1 needle shim, IMS@ 1 turn out. Kerker + Cone 18" QuietCore

Past Bikes
1974 550K0 (stock), 1973 CB350F (stock), 1983 Yamaha XS400K (POS)
77/78 cool 2 member #3
"Knowledge without mileage equals bullsh!t" - Henry Rollins

"This is my CB. There are many like it, but this one is mine…"