Author Topic: List of each leg  (Read 7897 times)

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
List of each leg
« on: February 27, 2011, 01:18:32 pm »
I see alot of posts from different regions but do we have a post that puts them in order with an estimate of how long each one would be? For example.....Leg 1 leaves Daytona on March 12. Expected to hit (X amount of states) and take (X amount of days). Leg 2 should get the handoff in (?) and hit (X amount of states) etc.,etc......I read there will be 2 day allowance for each state except Texas & Cali. getting 5 days each. I'm in the NoCal leg heading to Reno....It would be cool to know what # my leg is....Then I could kinda get an idea when the ride would get to me. I would expect it to get here sooner using the 2 day per state formula but you just never know. So how about leg 1 (Daytona) starting off by estimating what states they will hit before handing off to leg 2 and how long they fore-see it taking.Leg 2 do the same...leg 3, 4, so on.....Just an idea ;D
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Re: List of each leg
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 09:53:05 pm »
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 09:59:06 pm »
Try this

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=83709.0
Ha!!!!....Shoulda figured it was already there somewhere!!!! Thanx Jerry....looks like I'm at the a$$ end of leg 4 with no dates yet. I assume we will get our dates as the ride progresses. 8) 8) 8)......carry on!!!
MEMBER # 257

Offline fatmatt650

• Part Deux
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 10:23:33 am »
4/24 - Climbingaz, RAFster122s - Duncan to Phoenix/Prescott
4/25 - Scottly - Phoenix/Prescott to Kingman (Kayjohn and company meet at Seligman)
4/26 - Scottly and Ksslr - Kingman to J.T.
4/27 - Onewheeldrive, Odiewan, mycb750k6, joe29, socalenduro, scondon - Encinatas to SLO with hand-off in J.T
4/28 - Fatmatt, scondon - SLO to San Francisco Bay Area(Grumpy, Domer, Geminimotors, Mr.Breeze, Stueve, TPColgett jumping in at Santa Cruz or Woodside or somewhere)
4/29 - Fatmatt, Grumpy, Domer, Geminimotors, Mr.Breeze, Scondon, Stueve, TPColgett - San Francisco to Nevada
4/30 - Ofreen - Fernly, NV to Baker, NV
5/1   - Jerry - Baker, NV to points east

As long as the other teams stay on schedule, I'd say this probably pretty accurate. I'd still allow for the possibility of one more day in AZ but I think those guys have it pretty well nailed down. Also, probably a pretty good chance of one more day in SoCal. So 4/28,29,or 30 for the Bay Area. I'll update as plans become more concrete.
So much to do, so little time.

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 10:26:45 am »
Lookin' good to me Matt. Talk to ya later.
MEMBER # 257

Offline Steve F

• I have "some-timer's disease" because I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • "To Ride Is The Reason, The Destination The Excuse
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 10:20:11 am »
Try this

Is there something about this that I'm not seeing???  I'm looking at the tentative dates and the handoff's and there seems to be a LOOOOOOOOOng time in some of these areas.
For instance, leg 1--- starts on 3/12 and handoff is on 3/27.....15 days?
Leg 2--- starts on 3/27 and handoff is on 4/18.....something like 3 weeks?
Leg 3 looks right, and the rest is undetermined.  Is there an "official" time table established where the regional manages can build, concur and nail down the dates and times?  Just wondering.
Steve F

Offline fatmatt650

• Part Deux
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 12:15:17 pm »
I would suggest reading through the regional threads preceding your leg (tedious, I know) to get some concept of what they have planned or at least PM'ing the coordinators. If all else fails, look at a map and take a wild assed guess as to how long it should realistically take to reach you and then start planning from there. I believe team Central Rockies has a fairly solid plan at this point but I would imagine it gets a bit fuzzy toward the end of Team Mid-Atlantics leg. Are you planning on doing the Illinois or the Wisconsin leg?

Does anyone know if this map is still generally relevant?

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 01:15:38 pm »
Some of the regions will take longer due to the territory and what/when the riders can do. There are events included also that could create a delay to make happen. In my region UT, CO, KS I'm hoping to make up some time - notice the fairly straight line across the mid section. I can ride DURING the week too, not just on the weekends. My rough estimate is 6 months - 2 each crossing. If I had to guess total miles I'd say maybe 20,000 miles too.

As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 06:55:32 pm »

Does anyone know if this map is still generally relevant?
The map has changed regarding TX: the route now is down to Austin from DFW, then northwest to Lubbock, then southwest through NM to the eastern AZ border...
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Popwood

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 08:55:33 am »
mrbreeze, and all. We have hear at least a start of day, place and who list. The map is OK but changing all the time. Was wondering, why not create a Google Calendar that is a master calendar for the entire ride. The map can be made public and linked to with a URL. Of course, I think it would become a mess if everyone had access to changing it, so information would have to be collected then updated by just one or a few people.

The Calendar could also be viewed by anyone, say just other vintage bikers in a locale who wanted to meet up with riders at a rally point along the route.

By the same token, a Googel "MayMap" could also be created that shows actual routes, rally points, handoffs, etc. Again, it would require regular updates to be relevant, but it too would become the Master List/Place for everyone to get information. As it stands, hunting through all the posts makes finding details nearly impossible.

I know I'd like to have a tool like that as I am now assigned to make regular blog posts as updates to the ride for Motocycle Classics.

Anyone want to raise their hand if they think these are good suggestions and volunteer to work on the map and calendar? I'll consider it but my volunteer time is going to be consumed with work on the blog stuff for MC. And, oh yeah, I have that day job thing.
Current Rides:
1975 cb550K
1975 cb750K
1967 Bridgestone 350GTR

Past Rides:
1988 400 Hawk
195? Schwinn Whizzer

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 10:11:56 am »
I think that is an excellent idea and would volunteer...but my poor computer skills would quickly become an embarassment.
If it works good, it looks good...

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 03:34:09 pm »
Popwood and I have discussed this. He has excellent ideas that I think we should act on.

With that being said we DO need to recruit a worthy volunteer  ;D

Soooo, can any of you guys handle this type of a project and make it happen??

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 04:36:41 pm »
I think this is a good idea to have one central place for a map and schedule. It would be a great tool for the regional coordinators as well.
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline fatmatt650

• Part Deux
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 09:48:52 pm »
The individual regional coordinators are in the best position to supply the pertinent info to SOMEONE who could put this all together. That would certainly simplify that volunteers job so as not to have to pick through each regions thread and figure it out. I have no idea how to create it but a simple viewable calendar with each regions dates represented by a color that could overlap and shrink down as times become more definite would be nice.

Offline fatmatt650

• Part Deux
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 10:08:20 pm »
Jerry, looks like the balls in your court for the next round of guesstimation on ride dates. Our leg seems to have a concrete date for Godzilla entering our area, Ofreen should see IT May 1, 2 or 3 in Greenly, NV. I see you guys have a fairly decent idea of your route. If you plug some approximate dates into that you can give the next coordinator a better idea of when it's happening for his guys. Obviously, we can't know exactly but narrowing dates down to a week or two should help everyone plan better.

Offline Popwood

• Expert
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 10:30:56 am »
Been thinking more about the public calendar. I'm concerned about creating ONE calendar that's all complete then each time a day slips all the data would have to be reentered. Not good. But, have been wondering if on a Google Calender page, it is possible to make multiple calendars-- lets say one for each region. It's also possible to give permissions for others to make calendar entries. So if this is all correct, each region gets its own calendar, all regional calendars at a common page (URL) and each regional coordinator inputs his ride data in his calendar, and is responsible for keeping it up to date. And, of course, all calendars are viewable to anyone who wants to look.

I'm at work and will look into this more tonight. Thoughts, ideas, anyone??
Current Rides:
1975 cb550K
1975 cb750K
1967 Bridgestone 350GTR

Past Rides:
1988 400 Hawk
195? Schwinn Whizzer

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 12:53:24 pm »
Jerry, looks like the balls in your court for the next round of guesstimation on ride dates. Our leg seems to have a concrete date for Godzilla entering our area, Ofreen should see IT May 1, 2 or 3 in Greenly, NV. I see you guys have a fairly decent idea of your route. If you plug some approximate dates into that you can give the next coordinator a better idea of when it's happening for his guys. Obviously, we can't know exactly but narrowing dates down to a week or two should help everyone plan better.

Matt,

Working on it as we speak. Thanks for the info. I have a few complications (mine) to deal with but it's taking shape. Hope to be able to get with my guys as soon as we get the initial leg planned. I'm expecting to be able to hand off to Team Central around 5/14 or 5/15 perhaps. 

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 04:46:17 pm »
Been thinking more about the public calendar. I'm concerned about creating ONE calendar that's all complete then each time a day slips all the data would have to be reentered. Not good. But, have been wondering if on a Google Calender page, it is possible to make multiple calendars-- lets say one for each region. It's also possible to give permissions for others to make calendar entries. So if this is all correct, each region gets its own calendar, all regional calendars at a common page (URL) and each regional coordinator inputs his ride data in his calendar, and is responsible for keeping it up to date. And, of course, all calendars are viewable to anyone who wants to look.

Pop,

I have an Excel spreadsheet that linked the dates together (i.e, if you change a date early in the schedule, the change would cascade to the rest).  You may recall the PDF that Jerry posted a few weeks back that had rough dates in it.  That PDF came from that spreadsheet.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to turn that into a usable and updatable web page unless we simply regen the PDF each time a change is made.
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline Popwood

• Expert
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 06:12:59 pm »

Pop,

I have an Excel spreadsheet that linked the dates together (i.e, if you change a date early in the schedule, the change would cascade to the rest).  You may recall the PDF that Jerry posted a few weeks back that had rough dates in it.  That PDF came from that spreadsheet.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to turn that into a usable and updatable web page unless we simply regen the PDF each time a change is made.

The spreadsheet would be great for now, Old School.... I need to get a handle on the overall ride schedule, even generally, for my first post. I want to get that to the magazine no later than Wednesday morning in advance of the first leg start. Appreciate your help.
Current Rides:
1975 cb550K
1975 cb750K
1967 Bridgestone 350GTR

Past Rides:
1988 400 Hawk
195? Schwinn Whizzer

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 06:38:57 pm »
OldSchool, I think you just volunteered as calender keeper for the relay. :D
Your original spread-sheet was what I based all my guesstimates on.

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 07:45:45 pm »
OldSchool, I think you just volunteered as calender keeper for the relay. :D
Your original spread-sheet was what I based all my guesstimates on.

Well, I kinda look like 'Ol Man Time... what the hell!

Pop, can you PM me ur email and I'll send ya the spreadsheet?  when I first built the thing, I based it on states and then rolled that up by leg.  I'm not sure how well that works.  Maybe it should be changed to cities where Godzilla will be sleeping instead.  The challenge will be getting each coordinator to send me their list.
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 08:17:48 pm »
The challenge will be getting each coordinator to send me their list.
That's the easy part:
4-18 Godzilla will be sleeping in OKC
4-19, in DFW
4-20, in Austin
4-22, in Lubbock
4-23, in Las Cruces
4-24, in PHX
4-25, in Kingman
4-26, in Rosamond
4-27, in SLO

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 08:35:17 pm »
Awesome!! Thanks Scottly!!

One down, 12 to go!  ;D
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 08:38:24 pm »
Thank you, Old Man Time!!!  ;) ;) ;)

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 09:27:44 pm »
The challenge will be getting each coordinator to send me their list.
That's the easy part:
4-18 Godzilla will be sleeping in OKC
4-19, in DFW
4-20, in Austin
4-22, in Lubbock
4-23, in Las Cruces
4-24, in PHX
4-25, in Kingman
4-26, in Rosamond
4-27, in SLO

Scottly and Matt,

If you're confident of the Rosamond date please stay in touch with Big Jay at APE. He's asked to be kept informed as we go. Hell, I have never ever seen a race track like Willow Springs nevertheless haven ridden on one! Think I'll ride this whole sum#$%* next year  ;) I'm gonna miss WAY too much fun  ;D

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 04:12:43 am »
CALLING ALL COORDINATORS!

Hello, I'm Father Time.  And it's TIME to send me YOUR schedule as best you know it!  I'm pulling together the master calendar for blog publication!

Please look to Scottly's post above as an example.  Send me a list of where Godzilla will be spending each night while in your region.  List also any special events you plan to attend (vendor visits, race track events, AWESOME rib joint).  Please include dates if you have them or, if you don't have dates, the day number. 

It's understood that all plans are tentative, but we gota get something out there!

Thanks,

'Ol Man Time
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?

Offline Nikkisixx

• Expert
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 05:12:37 am »
Try this

Is there something about this that I'm not seeing???  I'm looking at the tentative dates and the handoff's and there seems to be a LOOOOOOOOOng time in some of these areas.
For instance, leg 1--- starts on 3/12 and handoff is on 3/27.....15 days?
Leg 2--- starts on 3/27 and handoff is on 4/18.....something like 3 weeks?
Leg 3 looks right, and the rest is undetermined.  Is there an "official" time table established where the regional manages can build, concur and nail down the dates and times?  Just wondering.
Steve F

It is in North Carolina a little extra time for sure.  Sam750A is over from the UK to do a little drag racing at Rockingham.  Check out his build thread for those details:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=61876.msg671610#msg671610
We felt it was worth a little extra time to make that project part of the relay.  The map of the relay does not show this extension, BTW.

It is a proven fact that modifying a SOHC Honda in any way will bring on the apocalypse.

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 07:24:03 am »
Jerry, Popwood, and all................I see the timing problem as a matter of scheduling events and possible places to get to rather than when and where someone is riding on each day.  Could we put up a map with distination goals and dates?  Then the riders could see how to make it happen. Yes, in some states its a matter of doing 400 miles in 2 days to get to the next state. While in others the places and events may take much longer.
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 08:19:28 am »
Dennis,

I'm working on a tour-wide schedule right now. And trying to get close-to-final route maps for E. Canada and Mich.  I hope the other coordinators are able to get dates (or at least days) to me soon.  And hopefully updated maps can be generated too!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?

Offline Coyote13

• Hot Shot
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 08:47:52 am »
You guys rock for getting this put together, makes it MUCH easier for us guys who have day jobs and deadlines to work out our schedule. THANKS!
'78 CB750K.  Throttle ripper.
'71 CB100.  Grocery getter.
'01 XL883.  Panty dropper. Gone but not forgotten.

Offline Popwood

• Expert
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 05:44:42 pm »
Dennis,

I'm working on a tour-wide schedule right now. And trying to get close-to-final route maps for E. Canada and Mich.  I hope the other coordinators are able to get dates (or at least days) to me soon.  And hopefully updated maps can be generated too!

Old School--- I PM'd my email adddress as you requested so you could send your spreadsheet schedule. Did you get it? I'm getting panicked about getting my first post together and as up to date as possible schedule is one thing I REALLY NEED.

Thanks
Steve
Current Rides:
1975 cb550K
1975 cb750K
1967 Bridgestone 350GTR

Past Rides:
1988 400 Hawk
195? Schwinn Whizzer

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 06:03:48 pm »
Hey Pop,

Yep! I got ur email.  I'm working on the spreadsheet right now.  I haven't gotten much response from coordinators yet, so I'm working through the team threads to try to mine out dates and locations.  Slow going.  Hopefully I can get you to Utah tonight.

You might need to go to press with just the first third of the schedule.  I'll get you as much as I can!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2011, 06:19:35 pm »

You might need to go to press with just the first third of the schedule.  I'll get you as much as I can!

Hey, for the first blog, you only need to set the stage, as in " A crazy mix of old farts and young dudes have undertaken a relay back and forth across the US and Canada and beyond, with the only common denominator being they will all be riding antique Honda motorcycles."

Offline Popwood

• Expert
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 06:22:35 pm »
Hey Pop,

Yep! I got ur email.  I'm working on the spreadsheet right now.  I haven't gotten much response from coordinators yet, so I'm working through the team threads to try to mine out dates and locations.  Slow going.  Hopefully I can get you to Utah tonight.

Thanks Old School. I know it's hard to put together as I'm been combing through myself. As I said, anything will be helpful and once I see what you have I'll see if I can fill in any blanks for you.
Current Rides:
1975 cb550K
1975 cb750K
1967 Bridgestone 350GTR

Past Rides:
1988 400 Hawk
195? Schwinn Whizzer

Offline Popwood

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2011, 06:28:23 pm »

Hey, for the first blog, you only need to set the stage, as in " A crazy mix of old farts and young dudes have undertaken a relay back and forth across the US and Canada and beyond, with the only common denominator being they will all be riding antique Honda motorcycles."

Yeah, Scottly, got that part, and a bunch of other stuff that should be fun and build interest outside the forum group. Editor Backus is getting behind this event and supporting it. Heard today we'll have our own blog on their web site site blog page. I just want to make it good.
Current Rides:
1975 cb550K
1975 cb750K
1967 Bridgestone 350GTR

Past Rides:
1988 400 Hawk
195? Schwinn Whizzer