Author Topic: N.W. Arkansas Vintage Breakfast Club  (Read 568624 times)

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
N.W. Arkansas Vintage Breakfast Club
« on: March 01, 2011, 07:47:47 am »
Here's an official thread to kick off the new fangled monthly meet for all vintage riders in the N.W. Arkansas area.

First stop will be Susan's in Springdale.

Date to be determined as well as time.

Talk amongst yourselves.....

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
Re: N.W. Arkansas Vintage Breakfast Club
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 07:56:20 am »
I'll be there whenever the date and time are decided! I've never eaten there, but I've heard good things. I'm ready to put some faces to some names too.

Offline brickman

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 09:34:51 am »
I'll be joining too...I have one carb that't giving me trouble. As soon as I tackle it....I'm road ready!

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:39:36 am »
Nice of you to chime in, Brickman. He's the friend with the 81 750k that I've talked about.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 10:01:20 am »
just bring the carb with you. we can work on it while we eat.

Offline wixil

• gas passing
  • Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 10:09:09 am »
I may try to catch you guys on one of these outings after I finish my exhaust and work out my jetting.  That is if you guys don't mind a Central AR rider.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 10:13:33 am »
just bring the carb with you. we can work on it while we eat.

Ditto

Syrup makes an excellent carb cleaner.

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 10:28:28 am »

Hey all,  I'm a bit South of where you are (Greenwood), but will try to make some of these Monthlies.  Kinda tight doings, for me. Besides all I have going (those of you who know me, know what I'm talking about), I'm pretty active in a Car Club/Forum called The Great Plainz Modern Mopars (GPMM). There are four States that are covered (Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas & Missouri) Each states has Chapters Arkansas has 3 now (as of yesterday, was 2) and they are Little Rock, Bentonville and as of Yesterday, Fort Smith (of which I was made the leader of). We do Car Shows, Go to Car Show, Do Cruises and meets of our own members. But, as I can, I'd like to meet up with you all and will do so as I can, only my main ride isn't a SINGLE Over Head Cam or a FOUR. It's the CBX mostly and sometimes the GPZ1100. Thanks for letting me know about the upcoming Monthly. I'll try to keep up with this and let you all know when I can be there too. Good Luck with this, it IS cool to meet SOHC4 folks and actually know them personally. After all, the SOHC4 IS the best Bike Forum going!  ;)    

BTW, I will be involved on the 23rd of April in Greenwood at the Car Show on the town Square and on the 29th & 30th, by going to Bela Vista for a Meet, a and Cruise the next day back down to Fort Smith to a Car Show at the Golden Corral. IF you all decide on either one of these dates, perhaps a trip to Fort Smith or Greenwood might be possible?  Just a thought.  :) 

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:33:32 am by bill440cars »
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 10:38:06 am »
Wixil, I don't think anyone would mind a central AR rider. Hell, I'd even be ok with out of state people that can make it. ;D I just haven't been working on these bikes for very long and I'd like to be able to talk to some people face to face, or maybe even have someone look at something that confuses me if/when it comes up. And of course we all love to ride, so it would be nice to have some more people to ride with.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 10:38:49 am »

Hey all,  I'm a bit South of where you are (Greenwood), but will try to make some of these Monthlies.  Kinda tight doings, for me. Besides all I have going (those of you who know me, know what I'm talking about), I'm pretty active in a Car Club/Forum called The Great Plainz Modern Mopars (GPMM). There are four States that are covered (Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas & Missouri) Each states has Chapters Arkansas has 3 now (as of yesterday, was 2) and they are Little Rock, Bentonville and as of Yesterday, Fort Smith (of which I was made the leader of). We do Car Shows, Go to Car Show, Do Cruises and meets of our own members. But, as I can, I'd like to meet up with you all and will do so as I can, only my main ride isn't a SINGLE Over Head Cam or a FOUR. It's the CBX mostly and sometimes the GPZ1100. Thanks for letting me know about the upcoming Monthly. I'll try to keep up with this and let you all know when I can be there too. Good Luck with this, it IS cool to meet SOHC4 folks and actually know them personally. After all, the SOHC4 IS the best Bike Forum going!  ;)    

BTW, I will be involved on the 23rd of April in Greenwood at the Car Show on the town Square and on the 29th & 30th, by going to Bela Vista for a Meet, a and Cruise the next day back down to Fort Smith to a Car Show at the Golden Corral. IF you all decide on either one of these dates, perhaps a trip to Fort Smith or Greenwood might be possible?  Just a thought.  :) 

Don't worry so much about the model of bike. Hell, I haven't owned a SOHC cb750 for about a year now.

Would love to see other areas make it out. I was just in your neck of the woods picking up a couple project bikes real cheap. A cl350 and a cb360 both for $100.

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 04:37:57 pm »

Don't worry so much about the model of bike. Hell, I haven't owned a SOHC cb750 for about a year now.

Would love to see other areas make it out. I was just in your neck of the woods picking up a couple project bikes real cheap. A cl350 and a cb360 both for $100.

Where did ya go to pick those up? If you went by the Wal Mart off of 71 at Greenwood, you were within about a mile & a half from my house. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.  ;)
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 05:14:35 pm »

Where did ya go to pick those up? If you went by the Wal Mart off of 71 at Greenwood, you were within about a mile & a half from my house. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.  ;)

Sounds like I was right around you. I forget the address, but it was in Greenwood.

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 06:33:34 pm »

Sounds like I was right around you. I forget the address, but it was in Greenwood.

Ha, ain't that something!  ::)  ;D   Ya just never know, huh?  ;)
Member # 1969

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 08:00:03 pm »
The official date for the first meet will be the 26th of March. Anyone have a specific time frame they would prefer to meet? I'm thinking 9:30 would be good.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 05:55:17 am »
That should work for me

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 07:02:54 am »
That should work for me

Good.

I'm thinking everyone will need to wear a pink carnation to identify the group easier.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 07:19:33 am »
Let me check. I think that is what the nwa indian wrestling federation members wear to their breakfast meeting. dont want any confusion.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 07:21:38 am »
Hey maybe we can get some satin jackets made and have our " biker names " embroidered on them. My biker name is "Francis" so that one is taken.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 07:56:30 am »
Hey maybe we can get some satin jackets made and have our " biker names " embroidered on them. My biker name is "Francis" so that one is taken.

I like the idea, however my biker name just so happens to be Francois, and there could be serious a conflict of interest going on. Is face raper taken? If so I suppose I can settle for Lance. Also, maybe Member's Only jackets would be more appropriate with a pink lapel.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:58:05 am by captain awesome »

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 10:18:17 am »
I've got an old members only jacket that is partially held together by ducktape, but I've been wearing my new armored jacket on the bike. I'm pretty easy to spot though. I'm a white guy with an afro.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 11:36:46 am »
I'll draw up a flyer to post up on Craigslist if everyone is cool with that.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 12:09:29 pm »
sounds great. Will there be a secret handshake.

I hope so.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 12:11:31 pm »
sounds great. Will there be a secret handshake.

I hope so.

Yes.

Problem is, there are no hands involved.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 03:15:10 pm »
Here's a quick flyer.

and a link to the full size one----------------->click
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 03:16:56 pm by captain awesome »

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 05:36:25 am »
Very nice! I'll have to start watching rap videos so I can learn some secret handshake material.